|头衔||Warchief of the Dark Horde, Chieftain of the Blackrock, Chieftain of the Black Tooth|
|身份||大酋长 of the Dark Horde, Chieftain of the 黑石氏族, Chieftain of the Black Tooth Grin clan|
|所在地||Blackrock Stadium, Upper Blackrock Spire|
|势力||Blackrock / Black Tooth, Dark Horde, Black dragonflight|
|亲属||Blackhand (father), Urukal (mother), 麦姆 (brother), Griselda (sister)|
Rend and his brother and sister had a short childhood due to Warlocks aging of children, but unlike other Orc parents Blackhand was happy to put forward his children first for artificial aging. After 'coming of age' Rend served with the other members of the First Horde in the fight to exterminate the Draenei. After the Siege of Telmor, Durotan was offered the city as reward for leading the raid on it. When Durotan turned it down, Blackhand and his family were more than happy to take Telmor as their own, even going so far as wearing the clothes and sleeping in the beds of the Draenei they had killed. This ended when the whole of the Orcish Horde was moved to Hellfire Citadel to better carry out the orders of Blackhand. After this, Rend alongside Maim accompanied Blackhand into Blade's Edge, where an alliance of ogres and orcs was made. Eventually, both sons drank the blood of Mannoroth.
During the Second War, Rend served as lieutenant to 大酋长 Orgrim Doomhammer. He and his brother Maim often questioned Doomhammer's orders, as Orgrim killed Blackhand the Destroyer and took his place as Warchief but never disobeyed any order. However, Orgrim allowed the insubordination because the two brothers were leaders of the powerful Black Tooth Grin clan. Doomhammer ordered Rend to gather his army and freed Zul'jin from Hillsbrad. Rend was successful and later he and his brother were amongst the army who attacked Quel’Thalas.
During the siege of the Capital City of Lordaeron, Rend was ordered by Doomhammer to have his clan break off and chase after the traitorous Gul'dan, who had taken to the sea in search of the Eye of Sargeras. He and his army battled against Cho'gall, but once they learned that Gul'dan had perished within the Tomb of Sargeras they returned to Doomhammer.
Rend and Maim later personally fought Turalyon at the Dark Portal, only to flee when it became evident that the paladin had the upper hand. Rend and Maim took control of the remaining Blackrock orcs and began to rebuild the Horde at Blackrock Spire.
Beyond the Dark Portal
About two years later, the Dark Portal reopened and emissaries from Ner'zhul, led by Teron Gorefiend, were immediately sent to Rend and Maim asking them to rejoin the Horde, and to ask to borrow the red dragons held captive by the allied Dragonmaw clan. Rend only laughed and refused. Not only did he call Ner'zhul a coward for staying safe in Draenor while he fought the Alliance with Orgrim Doomhammer, but that Ner'zhul will fail in time. Unable to enter an agreement, Teron leaves the warchief to his bidding.
Not long after, Nefarian, sent by Deathwing, came to Blackrock Spire and took control of the Blackhand brothers and the forces under their control.
World of Warcraft
In the RPG
Dark Iron dwarves from Blackrock Depths swarmed up and tried to destroy the Dark Horde. The Dark Horde fought back, and Maim was killed in savage battle. His sacrifice, plus Rend's alliance with the Black Dragonflight, allowed them to drive back the Dark Irons and maintain their hold on Blackrock Spire.
- In the canceled Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans, Rend and his brother would have been the two who killed Thrall's father Durotan.
- In Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne on Chapter 6 of the blood elf campaign, blademasters named Maim and Rend reside in the orc camp directly south of where the Master of Pain is located. Horde Player's Guide and Warcraft II hint that they went through the Dark Portal to Outland (and eventually became part of Magtheridon's Fel Horde). However, these events seem to be retconned in World of Warcraft.
- "Rend" is a word meaning to tear asunder or separate by force.
- In Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, he's the third and final boss of Blackrock Spire, the third wing of the Blackrock Mountain adventure. Defeating him rewards him as a legendary card. His flavor text reads: "Rend believes he is the True Warchief of the Horde and he keeps editing the wikipedia page for "Warchief of the Horde" to include his picture."
- Ultimate Visual Guide
- Golden, Christie. 《Rise of the Horde》, 231. ISBN 978-0-7434-7138-1.
- Golden, Christie. 《Rise of the Horde》, 253. ISBN 978-0-7434-7138-1.
- Golden, Christie. 《Rise of the Horde》, 268. ISBN 978-0-7434-7138-1.
- Rosenberg, Aaron. 《Tides of Darkness》, 164. ISBN 978-1-4165-3990-2.
- Rosenberg, Aaron. 《Tides of Darkness》, 288. ISBN 978-1-4165-3990-2.
- Rosenberg, Aaron. 《Tides of Darkness》, 367. ISBN 978-1-4165-3990-2.
- Beyond the Dark Portal
- Johnson, Luke. 《Dark Factions》, 136. ISBN 9781588464460.
Chieftain of the Black Tooth Grin Clan (with Maim Blackhand)
Rend Blackhand and Maim Blackhand
Chieftain of the Black Tooth Grin Clan
Chieftain of the Blackrock Clan (Azeroth)
Warchief of the Dark Horde