|势力||联盟, 吉尔尼斯, 吉尔尼斯解放阵线|
At the time of the Second War, Lord Crowley was a nobleman whose lands and people were outside of the border that would later be known as the Greymane Wall. Despite being young and new to the Gilnean council of Lords, his humanistic and charismatic qualities made him loved by the Gilnean people and earned him the respect and friendship of the king of Gilneas, Genn Greymane. Crowley was one of the nobles that accompanied Greymane to Capital City to hear of Stormwind's fall and Anduin Lothar's warning about the invading Orcish Horde. Crowley was sympathetic to the Alliance's plight and advised Greymane to send aid to the newly-formed Alliance. Greymane agreed out of self-serving reasons but offered only token support.
When Gilneas seceded from the Alliance, they created the Greymane Wall, a massive barrier that walled off his lands from the rest of Gilneas. Crowley opposed King Greymane's decision to abandon his people and later led the Northgate rebellion, an uprising that resulted in a civil war. In retaliation for Greymane's decision to abandon the Alliance, it was Crowley that was responsible for sending the Gilneas Brigade to Jaina Proudmoore during the Third War. He was eventually arrested on the grounds of treason and held at Stoneward Prison.
Shortly before the attack on Gilneas City, Genn was thinking about granting Crowley amnesty.
When the capital of Gilneas was attacked by feral worgen, Crowley was released by Gilnean adventurers and convinced to give aid to Greymane, who had ordered the evacuation of Gilneas. When he and his released men regrouped, he gave them a speech of a union against the worgen. In order to divert the worgen's attention from the fleeing citizens, Crowley led a group of brave Gilneans to stand against them at Light's Dawn Cathedral. Crowley and his followers were overwhelmed, and became worgen themselves.
When Belysra took Halford Ramsey to Tal'doren, he encountered Darius Crowley, one of many Gilneans that Belysra and her night elves had been trying to help with their worgen affliction. Halford still thought of Darius as a rebel and a traitor and lunged at him but the fight was broken up by Belysra who reminded them that the past didn't matter anymore and that they both needed to put it behind them in order to preserve the future of Gilneas. Both agreed to put the past behind them and work together to capture feral worgen in the woods of the Blackwald and make them sane again and regain their humanity.
He worked with the adventurer to retrieve the stolen Scythe of Elune from the hands of the Forsaken. He was worried how will Lorna respond to him. She was fine with it. As the Forsaken invasion went on, Genn Greymane and Lord Godfrey travelled to Tal'doren to ask Crowley to help unite Gilneas against the Forsaken. Due to Lord Godfrey's prejudices towards the worgen, Darius was hesitant to accept. Greymane tells Darius that he is asking as an equal and after revealing that he too had succumbed to the Worgen curse, Darius agreed to join forces.
Eventually, the worgen army battled against Alpha Prime's Wolf Cult and the Wolf Cult's Forsaken allies. Shorthy afterwards he, Halford and other Gilneans witnessed the revelation of Genn's worgen form and the Gilnean people accepted him.
Darius later participated in Quest:The Battle for Gilneas City with Genn and though they were successful in retaking the city, the Forsaken's Horde reinforcements and intent on using the Forsaken Blight forced the Gilneans to flee and seek sanctuary in Darnassus. Before the worgen left, he was present at Liam's funeral in Aderic's Repose and in Keel Harbor he led the organisation of defenses against the invading Horde. While most of the worgen left, he and his daughter remained.
Darius as he appears atop Stoneward Prison.
Darius in Light's Dawn Cathedral.
Darius Crowley in Tal'doren.
With Gilneas now in enemy hands following the Forsaken invasion, Lord Crowley led the Gilneas Liberation Front against the Forsaken in Silverpine Forest. With the Bloodfang pack and the Hillsbrad Worgen bolstering their numbers, and with help from the 7th Legion, who used a submarine to pass through enemy lines, the Alliance gained the upper hand in Gilneas. However, agents of the Horde ended up destroying some of the reinforcements and enabled the Forsaken to resurrect Lord Godfrey as one of their own, a fact that none of the Gilneans were aware of.
With Godfrey's help the Forsaken successfully captured Darius's daughter Lorna. Crowley led the Alliance's final push into Silverpine Forest. Sylvanas Windrunner herself rode out to meet with Darius at the shattered Greymane Wall and gave him two choices - the surrender of the Gilneas Liberation Front, or Lorna's death and resurrection as one of the Forsaken. Without a moment of hesitation, Darius agreed to surrender the Gilneas City in order to protect his daughter. Sylvanas allowed them to flee to Gilneas, which was still contested between the Alliance and the Horde.
The Gilneas Brigade led by Genn and Darius' daughter Lorna established Greywatch to secure Stormheim from threats. While he has yet to appear on the Broken Isles, he does make an appearance if an Alliance player reaches Prestige Rank 2, where he is found in Stormwind Keep alongside Princess Tess Greymane following the receival of the quest, A Royal Audience. He is among the audience that congratulates the character for their battles against the Horde, following their receiving of the Grand Marshal's Medal of Valor from Anduin Wrynn, as well as an artifact appearance.
- 吉恩·格雷迈恩国王： 要是我们能通过暮湾镇的大门，我们就安全了。东边的山脉几乎是无法通行的。
- 达利乌斯·克罗雷领主： 我们必须在城里吸引狼人的注意。这是让幸存者逃往暮湾镇的唯一机会。
- 利亚姆·格雷迈恩王子： 我要和皇家卫士一起留下来，父亲。这是我的责任。
- Lord Darius Crowley说： Not a chance, boy. Gilneas is going to need its king's undivided attention. Can't have your father wondering whether his child is alive or not.
- Lord Darius Crowley说： My men and I will hole up inside the Light's Dawn Cathedral. I've already given the order and the cannons are on their way. Lead our people well, Genn.
- King Genn Greymane说： We were fools to take up arms against each other, Darius. The worgen would've never stood a chance.
- Come and get us, you motherless beasts!
- Over here, you fleabags!
- Lorna and Godfrey run in from town.
- Lorna Crowley喊道： Father!
- Lord Darius Crowley喊道： Lorna!
- Lord Godfrey说： Crowley! You and your elven allies are hereby ordered to serve along the king's army. Cursed or not, you are still bound by Gilnean law!
- Genn saunters in.
- Lord Darius Crowley喊道： Does this toad speak for you, Genn? Do you come to our dwelling as a friend? Or do you come as a tyrant?
- King Genn Greymane说： No, old friend. I've come to you as an equal.
- Genn enters worgen form.
- Lord Godfrey喊道： Impossible!
- Lord Darius Crowley说： Aye, Genn. It is not law that binds us. It is something far stronger. My men are ready to give their lives under your command.
- King Genn Greymane说： It is decided, then. We will unite all Gilneans and drive the Forsaken from our lands.
- He's too strong! Use the catapults to bring him down!
- Let us join your father's force, Liam. They'll need our help against Sylvanas.
- Gilneas will remember your courage forever, Liam.
- In Curse of the Worgen, it is discovered that Crowley could not resume his human form at the time of the invasion because he held onto guilt. It is unknown if this is still the case or like the other worgen who undertook the worgen ritual, he was able to make peace with his emotions and bring balance to his human and worgen side.
- There is a growing fanbase for Darius Crowley, mostly due to his ability to cleave mobs using only his fists during a quest in the Worgen starting area. Due to this, it has been suggested by several players that he could finally be the Alliance's version of Varok Saurfang.
- His name could be a reference to the song "Mr. Crowley" by Ozzy Osbourne, which is in turn a reference to 20th-century occultist Aleister Crowley. This song is also used in the meme growing around the character, with fans referring to the character as "Miiiiister Croooowwwwley" (dun dun dun!). Early in its existence, the Mr. Crowley meme was referenced by the voice actor Jesse Cox in his worgen starting zone videos.
- His name could also be a reference to Darius the Great.
- In earlier beta builds, Crowley's Worgen form wielded a two-handed sword, however he has since been changed to dual wield fist weapons. It's possible this was done intentionally by Blizzard in response to his fistcleaving meme.
- While Darius has no problems sacrificing the lives of his men for his homeland and even deliberately using one as a pawn in order to set up a trap against the forsaken, he will not allow any harm to come to his daughter no matter the costs, as shown at the end of a quest chain in Silverpine when he surrendered to the Forsaken to prevent Lorna from becoming one of them.
- He is occasionally referred to as "Lord Box Head", "Darius Boxhead" or "Boxhead Crowley" due to his Worgen model in early beta builds.
- Darius is voiced by David Thewlis.
Darius Crowley in TCG.
- 补丁 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.