|种族||娜迦 半神 (前上层精灵 暗夜精灵)|
To fully prepare for a world of perfection, all the imperfect must be swept away.
在她登基后，艾萨拉沉醉于自己兴趣所在的地方。不久后她就下令在永恒之井的岸边建造一座装饰满珠宝的华丽宫殿。为了取悦他们的女王，贵族们提议对暗夜精灵的首都重新命名，以纪念她的荣光。艾萨拉优雅地接受了提议，在一阵激烈的争论后，这座城市的名字变成了辛-艾萨琳，意为"艾萨拉的荣耀"。各地的暗夜精灵为城市的新名字而欢庆，他们热爱着他们的女王，但同样对那些贪图享乐的上层精灵，或者说奎尔多雷，十分不信任。因为她的魅力她的人民并不认为她是上层精灵的一员。艾萨拉被所有卡多雷尊敬，Azshara was adored by all kaldorei, but she reserved her love only for her Highborne, the corrupt noble elite, who were hated among the jealous masses, for amongst the Highborne were some of the most powerful practitioners of magic. Azshara and her court took up residence in the new palace as soon as it was complete.
Azshara ordered her Highborne to join the night elf priests in trying to uncover the secrets of the Well. In their quest to learn its secrets, the night elves discovered that they could manipulate the cosmic energies flowing from the Well. Perhaps no one was more suited to this task than Azshara. She was one of the greatest magic users who had ever lived. As she honed her command over the lake's energies, she infused a drop of its living waters into her bejeweled scepter. Queen Azshara's enchanted scepter afforded her great power. Imbued with the Well of Eternity's potent waters, it held sway over the rivers and the seas, aquatic creatures of all kinds, and the life energies that stirred within Azshara herself. She granted it a new name, one befitting its remarkable properties: 莎拉达尔，潮汐权杖. Many of the Highborne living in the palace devoted themselves to constant study of the Well. As their obsession grew, these Highborne drew magic from the Well's depths at reckless speed and channelled the chaotic energies into ever-greater spells. The Well was thrown into constant turmoil. Dark storms broke out over its surface, and its waters darkened until they became utterly black.
At Azshara's behest, expeditionary forces were sent out to explore the world and expand the fledgling 卡多雷帝国's borders, founding the outposts of Shandaral, Then'Ralore and Eldre'Thalas. Azshara herself oversaw the construction of Lathar'Lazal, a temple of 艾露恩 built on the western edges of Kalimdor. As masons constructed the temple, Azshara shaped the waters around it with Sharas'dal, Scepter of Tides. She spoke the names of the rivers and the seas, and they moved at her command. Salt water from the roaring ocean and fresh water from the mountain streams trickled to Azshara's side. With the flick of her wrist, the queen partitioned them into great lakes that hugged Lathar'Lazal's sturdy foundation. Creatures of all kinds populated these waters, and they were at Azshara's beck and call. Whenever she walked the bridges of Lathar'Lazal, nearby schools of exotic fish would array themselves in colorful patterns. She even kept a colossal sea giant bound to one of the lakes. She used her scepter to make him perform tricks and feats of strength, much to the delight of the watching Highborne. Curious night elves from the far corners of the empire journeyed to Lathar'Lazal to study the mythical creature and his habits.
There was, however, one location that the queen sought to avoid: Mount Hyjal, the sacred mountain refuge of the elusive Wild Gods. Unsettled by the Wild Gods and their wild, untamable homeland, the queen publicly prohibited any attempts to expand into Hyjal under the pretense that she wanted to respect the night elves' kinship with the forests, even though in truth Azshara actually despised the mountain and the harmony it represented.
Azshara also struck an accord with the Zandalar tribe of trolls, who held considerable influence over the rest of their race. Uninterested in conquering the trolls, which the queen saw as a minor nuisance at best, she allowed the Zandalari to keep their sacred Zandalar Mountains in exchange for ending troll incursions into kaldorei territory.
燃烧军团在艾泽拉斯的第一波攻击发生在辛-艾萨琳，古代暗夜精灵文明的首都。在哈卡与玛诺洛斯的率领下，燃烧军团迅速且无情地毁灭了辛-艾萨琳，杀死了他们面前的所有人。暗夜精灵帝国人口与力量仅次于辛-艾萨琳的城市苏拉玛，是下一个品尝到燃烧军团怒火的地方。成千上万的暗夜精灵被屠杀，而那些已堕入黑暗的卫士静静地站在高墙上，艾萨拉则在族人的死亡中大笑着。"艾萨拉救救我们！" "为了艾萨拉！" "艾萨拉快跑！"仅仅是混乱中传来的少数几声战吼， 而艾萨拉本人只是看着他们，深信她的人民的死是必须的，她将会成为这个世界新的主人，一切都将按照她的意愿进行塑造。
尽管如此，艾萨拉在黑海岸南部Nazj'vel与玛法里奥·怒风对抗时出现过。It is revealed that Queen Azshara is primarily responsible for the troubles in Darkshore, as she attempts to divert Malfurion Stormrage's attention from Hyjal. Both Alliance and Horde players can trigger her appearance at will by killing the four Darkscale Priestesses surrounding the Horn of the Ancients. Her appearance here serves more as a preview of things to come than a major part of the storyline, as evidenced by the fact that she uses the Lady Vashj model.
It is later revealed that Queen Azshara would like nothing more than the total destruction of the Elemental Lord Neptulon, because that would leave her free to rule over the oceans in his stead. To that end, she personally charged the priestess Valishj and her Slitherblade naga with scouring the coast of Desolace for the Ancient Engravings of Neptulon, which would grant Azshara entrance into the Abyssal Maw. However, Valishj's efforts were thwarted by the combined efforts of the water revenant Lord Hydronis and an adventurer.
|Quest:The Offering to Azshara||??||20,481|
|Queen Azshara (tactics)||??||4,294,600|
Azshara is often thought to be the greatest mortal mage ever to live - although she may no longer be mortal. Azshara was considered to be one of the greatest sorcerers as she was gifted with knowledge about magic without studying any treatises. As such, she was crowned the Sorceress-Queen of Kalimdor.
Azshara has become an Ancient and lurks beneath the waves, biding her time to reclaim her worldly power. Queen Azshara was not drowned, but transformed into a hideous aquatic thing who will someday lead her accursed followers to retake the surface world. Queen Azshara, her handmaidens, and many Highborne sunk into the sea. The Old Gods chose Azshara as another useful tool and transformed her, her Highborne, and her Handmaidens into Naga. The mighty Queen Azshara still lives and rules the naga. Once she awoke at the bottom of the sea, she ordered a palace built to rival her home in Azshara.
Queen Azshara lives still, in the vast city of Nazjatar at the bottom of a deep ocean trench. She has embraced the power of the naga, grown in size, and possesses many tentacles bedecked in jewels and items of power. She plots her revenge on the treacherous Night Elves, biding her time until the growing might of the naga can be brought to bear. Living under the sea, she has become queen of the naga. The naga serve Azshara without question. Most naga live in Nazjatar, their capital city. This city is built into a massive abyssal sea trench in the ocean floor, and houses Azshara's imperial palace.
The creature moves on five slithering, octopus-like tentacles, its massive round and bulbous body shifting constantly. A humanoid torso covered in thick scales rises from the body, the creature reaching at least 20 feet in height. Four arms extend from the torso, with two hands holding javelins of dark polished wood and gold-leafed tips. Despite the monstrosity of its body, the creature’s face still possesses an otherworldly, feminine, almost elven beauty. Snakes writhe about her head, serving as her hair and as further eyes. A cruel smile plays across her lips, as though she is deciding whether to play with her enemies a moment longer or simply destroy them now.
Javelins of Suramar were wielded by Azshara in the Eternal Palace, and she wields them still in Nazjatar as queen of the naga. Each Javelin of Suramar is a 2-foot shaft of dark, polished wood with one end tapering to a point and clad in goldleafed steel.
Charismatic and beautiful, Azshara outwardly portrayed herself as a kind, generous, loving monarch who adored her people and her empire with all her heart. In truth, however, she was a vain, cruel, power-hungry narcissist who cared for herself above all else. An intensely manipulative individual, she fostered her own benevolent image solely so she could take complete advantage of it. Although she did hold favour for her Highborne and handmaidens, it was not out of love, respect, or any form of benevolence. It was purely out of how useful they were to her. She never hesitated to throw their lives away if it suited her, and such was her power and charms that they would do so for her gladly, completely unaware of her indifference. She held very little loyalty either, as she freely gave her allegiance to the Old Gods so she could survive the Sundering, when she had been one of the most devout servants of Sargeras mere moments before (and whom she considered to be the only worthy potential mate). Of particular note, however, is despite her cruel and dominating personality, she rarely ever raised her voice when angry or made direct insults of her minions. Instead, she tended towards passive-aggressive remarks when she was infuriated.[请求来源]
Perhaps Azshara's greatest ability was her immense charisma and stunning beauty, the latter of which she augmented further through mystical means. Such was her physical and mental appeal that none ever noticed her true personality, no matter how cruel or destructive her commands might be. The vast majority of her servitors were willing to go to any means to elevate themselves in her eyes, even at the cost of their own lives. Demons who were around her long enough fell prey to her wiles and would kill their own kin under her command. Xavius, who considered himself above her charms, was, in fact, completely enamored.
However, Azshara was much, much more than a pretty face. She was one of the most powerful mages to ever walk the face of Azeroth, wielding the arcane with such skill that she is known to have even been able to suppress her magical glow, as proved when Illidan noticed her intensifying it after receiving his new eyes. With barely an effort she shielded her palace from the Sundering, and alter her own body to increase her beauty. So great was her power that when Mannoroth, once growing enraged at her questioning him, attempted to kill her he realized, to his chagrin, that Azshara was far more powerful than he, and that only Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Sargeras would prove superior. This power indicates that she was on a level similar to the Guardians of Tirisfal, and achieved this state on her own.
Queen Azshara was tall - even taller than many men, and she moved with a grace that even a cat would envy her, with great pride and grace. She spoke with a voice so enchanting it could send any man running into his certain death. Her skin was a deep violet, and her long, luscious hair cascaded as silver down her shoulders and back. Her eyes were golden and, as with other night elves, without pupils in them.
This description did not, however, fit how she was modelled in the previews of her appearance in the Well of Eternity instance in Patch 4.3.0, where she was displayed with dark blue hair, rather than moonlight silver, blue eyes, rather than golden, and a skin tone that's almost gray, rather than deep violet. Nor was her hair cascading, as Richard Knaak describes her several times in The Well of Eternity book, but rather appeared tied up in an elaborate knot. It appeared to be based on a popular piece of fan art, seen below. This however was later changed and Azshara got a brand new texture fitting the description of the novel.
Shadows & Light suggests that Azshara's altered body is with octopus-like tentacles quite different from those of ordinary naga. In World of Warcraft, statues of the queen depict her as any other female naga. These are most likely stylized representations, and not accurate representations of her appearance.
When Tyrande attempted to rescue Malfurion, the Emerald Nightmare produced a hallucination of Azshara (playing on Tyrande's fears of becoming like the evil queen) that contradicts the above information:
- A monstrous, blue-green face leered at her. It was elven, yet almost akin to some monstrous fish. Finlike projections extended not only from the head, but coursed down the scaled back. Indeed, scales covered the face and the curved chest as well. The hands were webbed and clawed, more like those of some ocean predator. They, though, were still more akin to a night elf's form than the lower part of the things body. Rather than legs, it moved upon what appeared some combination of a snake's and an eel's slippery torso. It was, in fact, the spiny tail of that torso which sought to strangle Tyrande. ... It was and was not the queen. There was just enough of Azshara's features in the scaled face, though the eyes were fiery red orbs that sought to burn into the high priestess's mind.
The above description lacks both the mollusc-like limbs of the S&L description and the serpentine hair and four arms that are diagnostic of high-ranking female naga. It is not known whether this description indicates a re-imagining of Azshara's naga biology, or if this image was based on Tyrande's imagination (as there is no mention that she ever saw Azshara after the Sundering) and is thus inaccurate.
In Darkshore and Azsuna, Azshara is seen projecting a sort of avatar or image herself to oversee her plans in the regions. This image resembles her handmaidens, and in the latter zone she alters its appearance to resemble her original night elf form.
- Cherished Heart of the People
- Daughter of the Moon
- Flower of Life
- Flower of the Moon
- Glory of Our People
- Her Glory
- Light of Lights
- Light of the Moon
- Light of a Thousand Moons
- Radiance of the Moon
- Vision of Perfection
- The Light Beneath the Tides
- Our Queen Beneath the Tides
- Her Radiance
- "There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara."
- "To fully prepare for a world of perfection, all the imperfect must be swept away."
- "Sacrifices are always required in the name of glorious pursuits."
- "What is Elune to the great Sargeras?"
- "Dear Kur'talos... I always thought him my most cherished servant, and this is how he rewards me. I've decided that Lord Ravencrest has displeased me, Varo'then. Can you remedy that?"
- "I've been most impressed by you, Illidan Stormrage! So very clever, so very powerful! Even our Lord Sargeras sees that or else why would he grant you such a precious gift? Such a shame to lose the beautiful amber eyes, though...I know it hurts much..."
- "Please! For you, I'm merely Azshara...such a handsome face! So strong, too...and with the mark of the Great One there as well!"
- "Lord Mannoroth. I find myself dissapointed with the lack of order taking place before the arrival of Sargeras."
- "For the sake of our Lord Sargeras I shall forgive your outburst...this time."
Notes & trivia
- 艾萨拉由Laura Post配音。
- 500年前，艾萨拉imprisoned a being named Leviroth in the waters Riplash Ruins. She also blessed the Trident of Naz'jan belonging to the Riplash's emperor Raj Naz'jan.
- According to The Old Wizard's Almanac, Azshara was reputedly one of the most powerful magic-users in Azeroth's history.
- At some point she wore Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown.
- 瓦丝琪女士会使用这些与艾萨拉相关的战吼："For the empress!"和"In Azshara's name."[请求来源]
- She was described on the Cataclysm version of the website as: Strong-willed, manipulative, and incomparably beautiful, Azshara possessed far more magical talent than almost any other night elf in her time. Ten thousand years ago, she and the other Highborne brought Azeroth dangerously close to complete destruction when their meddling with arcane magic caught the attention of the Great Enemy, Sargeras. Corrupted by the influence of the fallen titan, Azshara set in motion a plan to bring the Burning Legion to Azeroth, a plan that caused the War of the Ancients and the Great Sundering of Azeroth. Beautiful, cruel Azshara was swallowed by the seas, never to be seen again... or so it was believed. The naga revere Azshara as a demigod, one who is still very much alive. How she could have survived the Sundering, and at what cost, remain mysteries that not many would dare to probe.
- 艾萨拉女王很可能是参考了阿瑟拉(Asherah)的设定，她是古代中东地区闪米特人崇拜的女神。 She is in the Ba'al Epic, 她的名字翻译过来是"在海上踏浪而行的人"。
- 补丁 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Appears in the Well of Eternity dungeon.
- 补丁 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Appears during Quest:The Offering to Azshara (with a placeholder model).
- Lady Ssathara#Quotes
- World of Warcraft: Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 174
- The Warcraft Encyclopedia/Demigods
- Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 40, 174, 197
- Words of Wind and Earth
- Gadgetzan Times/A Magical History of Azeroth
- The Warcraft Encyclopedia/Azshara
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 95
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 98
- Quest:Children of Nar'thalas
- Throne of the Tides
- Quest:Deep Impact
- Quest:A Revenant's Vengeance
- Quest:Save Yourself
- Mistress Sassz'ine喊道： These fools bring the Tidestone to us! Just as our blessed queen foresaw it!
- BlizzCon 2017, "What's Next" panel
- Dark Factions, pg. 34
- Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 20
- World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 251
- Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 187
- Alliance & Horde Compendium, pg. 72-73
- Manual of Monsters, pg. 66
- Shadows & Light, pg. 76
- Alliance & Horde Compendium, pg. 19
- Shadows & Light, pg. 75
- Manual of Monsters, pg. 189
- Shadows & Light, pg. 71
- Manual of Monsters, pg. 173
- Shadows & Light, pg. 169
- The Sundering pg. 569
- The Sundering pg. 146-147
- The Sundering, pg. 310
- The Well of Eternity, pg. 89
- The Well of Eternity, pg. 2
- Stormrage, pages 189-190
- The Well of Eternity, pg. 90
- Enchanted Magus
- Vainglorious Draught
- The Well of Eternity, pg. 108
- Quest:Nar'thalas Still Suffers
- Quest:The Tidestone: Shattered
- Quest:Nar'thalas Still Suffers
- The Sundering pg. 572
- The Sundering pg. 573
- Quest:Pusillin and the Elder Azj'Tordin
- Faces of Cataclysm。 从原始页面归档于2009-08-26。
|Darkshore||Well of Eternity|