Varian Wrynn |
Though Azeroth was held for some time by the Horde during the Second War, it has mostly been freed by the Alliance. It contains both the region of Stormwind and Stormwind City (capital of the region), as well as the several surrounding territories.
Azeroth's regions (WoW)
- Blasted Lands
- Burning Steppes
- Deadwind Pass
- Elwynn Forest
- Redridge Mountains
- Stranglethorn Vale
- Swamp of Sorrows
Other regions & domains (lore)
As compiled in The Last Guardian, Lands of Conflict, World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, and Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. In Warcraft II, these areas were called domains while other sources called them regions.
- Black Morass (WCII)
- Balor (WCII)
- Black Rock Spire (WCI) Blackrock Spire
- Borderlands (WCI)
- Sunnyglade (WC1)
- Ulmat Thondr (novel)
- The continents of Azeroth, Khaz Modan, and Lordaeron — as part of the larger Eastern Kingdoms continent — would technically be referred to as subcontinents in real world geographical/geological terminology. But the term isn't used in any published Warcraft source.
- The Stormreaver clan section in the Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition manual says: "Domain: Stormwind, Azeroth and Balor, Azeroth". This may get a bit confusing, but it tells that the Stormreaver have control over the domain of Stormwind from the continent of Azeroth and Balor of the continent of Azeroth.
- It is also called "continent of Stormwind" in the Warcraft RPG.
- Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition manual, p.32, 66-67
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual, p.3 Quote:The Alliance forces under Sir Lothar managed to push Doomhammer’s clans out of Lordaeron and back into the orc-controlled lands of Azeroth.
- Lands of Conflict, backcover Quote:"...the eastern continents of Azeroth, Khaz Modan and Lordaeron..."
- Lands of Conflict, p. 11-12, 17, 33, 40, 42-45, 47, 49, 51, 52, 54-59, 62, 68, 76, 78-79, 89, 101, 122, 151, 155-159, 168-169
- World of Warcraft manual, 104
- "Human campaign: Grim Batol (Warcraft II)", Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. 暴雪娱乐.
- Lands of Conflict, p. 54
- Tides of Darkness, pg. 5
- Lands of Conflict, p. 52
- Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition manual, pg. 67 Quote:"Domain: The Black Morass, Azeroth"
- Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition manual, pg. 66 Quote:"Domain: Stormwind, Azeroth and Balor, Azeroth"
- Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition manual, p. 66 Quote:"Domain: Blackrock Spire, Azeroth"
- Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition manual, pg. 67 Quote:"Domain: Northshire, Azeroth"
- Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, p.26 Quote: They launched a new campaign that ended up ravaging the continents of Lordaeron, Khaz Modan and Stormwind.