- Black clouds swirl over the Burning Legion's foothold on Azeroth. Demons of every shape and size march along the rivers of fel magic that boil over the Broken Shore. Above everything looms the dreaded Tomb of Sargeras, an ancient night elf temple that serves as the Legion's gateway into the world.
 is where the 萨格拉斯之墓 - and thus the Burning Legion's gateway into Azeroth - is located. 古尔丹 raised this island up from the bottom of the sea during the 第二次战争, and it served as the demonic army's base of operations during the Third invasion of the Burning Legion.The Broken Shore, originally known as Thal'dranath,
- 1 历史
- 2 Geography
- 3 Notable characters
- 4 Quests
- 5 Vignettes
- 6 Resources
- 7 Wild creatures
- 8 Scenario
- 9 Notes and trivia
- 10 画廊
- 11 Patches and hotfixes
- 12 引用和注释
- 13 相关链接
The Broken Shore, or Thal'dranath, was once a portion of the city of Suramar, and the location of the Temple of Elune. During the 大分裂, it was sent to the bottom of the oceans along with the majority of ancient Kalimdor's landmass, as it was situated outside the boundaries of the shield raised by Grand Magistrix Elisande's highborne.
Millennia later, the Guardian 艾格文 imprisoned the Avatar of Sargeras in the old temple, believing that its secret location down beneath the sea would be a perfect hiding place, along with the Eye and the Scepter of Sargeras. The corruptive energies of the Avatar of Sargeras would eventually warp its form with fel magic, turning it into the 萨格拉斯之墓.
During the 第二次战争, 古尔丹 raised the entire island from the bottom of the sea as he sought the power locked away inside the Tomb, promised to him by 麦迪文. As he opened the Tomb, he was torn to shreds by the demons inside. He had been set up and punished by the Legion for his betrayal.
Doomhammer loyalists of the Blackrock and Black Tooth Grin clans then fought the forces of the Stormreavers and Twilight's Hammer, who had sided with the orcish warlock. The orcs killed during the battle were eventually raised by the vile magics of the demons, and kept reliving it in their undeath.
During the 第三次战争, Illidan Stormrage entered the Tomb and recovered the Eye of Sargeras. Pursued by Maiev Shadowsong and her Wardens, he attempted to collapse part of the Temple on them for attempting to stop him from destroying the 巫妖王, and for trying to imprison him once more.
After the 德拉诺战争, alternate Gul'dan, guided by his master Kil'jaeden's voice, managed to re-open the portal within the Tomb of Sargeras, ushering in the largest invasion of Azeroth by the Burning Legion since the 上古之战. Their ultimate goal was to finally summon the dark titan himself, Sargeras, to Azeroth.
A massive army was sent by the forces of Azeroth to combat the Burning Legion, including but not limited to the Alliance, the 部落, and the Argent Crusade. The Battle for the Broken Shore culminated in the Legion overrunning Azeroth's defenders and forcing them to withdraw. Many of the greatest heroes in Azeroth, such as 提里奥·弗丁, 沃金, and Varian Wrynn, fell in battle before the Legion or were mortally wounded. Some escaped, others went missing or were captured, but many more died upon the Broken Shore.
A paladin hero would return to the Broken Shore sometime after the disastrous battle to try and save 提里奥·弗丁, who was held captive by the Legion and had lost the Ashbringer. The Ashbringer was reclaimed and used to battle 巴纳扎尔, who escaped before he could be defeated. On his deathbed, Tirion proclaimed the hero as the new wielder of the Ashbringer, before passing away.
The demonic forces of the Burning Legion built massive structures on the Broken Shore as a base of operations for their assault on Azeroth. It’s here that the Horde and the Alliance experienced a series of tragedies at the hands of the Legion. Where factions failed, order halls regrouped, acquired new weapons of power, and recruited new allies, to make a triumphant return.
All order halls gathered together to form the Armies of Legionfall. The Legionfall base, serving as the initial foothold on the island, is from where they would work their way through the Legion’s defenses and eventually reach the stronghold. To do this, class orders needed to work together to build up their forces by fortifying ancient elven buildings and upgrading them into Nether Disruptors, Command Centers, and Mage Towers.
The destruction of 孟菲斯托斯's Legion ship and its resulting crash into the Broken Shore heavily changes the center of the island's geography, destroying the fel lava pit and causing rubble from the ship to scatter across the area.
Maps and subregions
- Flight paths from Vengeance Point
|Instance name||Level range||Group size|
|Cathedral of Eternal Night||110||110|
|Tomb of Sargeras||110||10-30/20|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
- Before Legionfall (patch 7.2.0)
- Soulscreech Imps
- Felaxe Dominators
- Worldshatter Infernals
- Imp Mother Fecunda
- Lord Hel'nurath
- 犬王哈卡 and his Soulstalkers
- Grand Warlock Alythess
- Lady Sacrolash
- Main article: Broken Shore vignettes
The Broken Shore scenario was available since the World of Warcraft: Legion launch event which lasted a few weeks. Those who had already accomplished it didn't do it again after Legion was launched.
Notes and trivia
- In Beyond the Dark Portal, a Dalaran expedition was depicted as having reached the area. They had built internment camps for the Old Horde survivors there, and had sealed the entry of the Tomb with two elven runestones and numerous soldiers.
- Thal'dranath was originally conceived and announced as a large island located to the southeast of the Broken Shore, which was to be featured in post-launch content for Legion. It was planned to be an area dotted with ancient 暗夜精灵 ruins with a Burning Legion presence, but was scrapped during development in favor of more interesting ideas, as Blizzard felt that the theme was already adequately explored in other zones on the Broken Isles. Its name was later repurposed as the original 达纳苏斯语 name for the Broken Shore.
- Thal'dranath still appears on maps being depicted in-game.
- Originally, the Broken Shore was going to be covered in dried coral to reflect that 古尔丹 had raised it from the seafloor in the 第二次战争. The art team later decided it was too serene and that it didn't scream "demon" enough, so they had the Legion devastate the island instead, remaking it as a solely demonic location. It is notable that the Eye of Azshara is close to the Broken Shore and looks relatively similar to how the Broken Isles were in The Frozen Throne, indicating that it may have been raised by Gul'dan too.
- Drak'thul can be found on the southern shore of the Broken Shore.
- 锦鱼人 ruins can be found underwater southeast of the Lost Temple, past Acherus.
- Before patch 7.2.0 fleshed out the zone, the main-world Broken Shore was accessible but had almost no content other than patrols of level 110 elite demons.
- Concept art
- Before Legionfall (patch 7.2.0)
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-09-08): "The Deliverance Point building accumulation rate has been increased for all regions. The intended result is for buildings to complete at approximately the same rate as they did before 7.3."
- Hotfix (2017-05-22): "Players using Korean and Chinese clients can now chat in public chat channels on the Broken Shore."
- Hotfix (2017-04-13): "Sentinax: Bloodstrike is now a debuff."
- Hotfix (2017-04-05): "The Sentinax should no longer advertise that it is finished recharging when it hasn't."
- Hotfix (2017-04-04): "
- Our Valarjar allies have deployed grapple points in key locations on Broken Shore.
- Broken Shore Rare Elite icons will now appear on the Broken Shore map even when the player is not currently in the Broken Shore.
- Creatures other than Rare Elites and Sentinax Lieutenants no longer drop Nethershards for players who are in a raid group.
- Rare Elites now drop fewer Sentinax Beacons.
- Portal enemies should now drop their beacon type much more often.
- Sentinax Lieutenants should drop multiple beacons for every player, allowing a quick restart after the break.
- Sentinax Lieutenants now drop many more Nethershards when slain.
- Sentinax cool-down time lowered to 3 minutes (was 5 minutes).
- The message sent when a Sentinax boss appears should now play a loud warning sound.
- The Sentinax should now send a message when it has finished recharging and is ready to respond to beacons again.
- Rare elite enemies now drop significantly more Nethershards.
- Creatures summoned below the Sentinax now drop significantly more Nethershards.
- A number of unintended sources of Nethershards no longer drop Nethershards.
- The number of Legionfall War Supplies required to complete construction of the Broken Shore buildings has been significantly reduced.
- Broken Shore rare spawn creatures that get markers on your map and minimap should remain marked for you after they've been slain.
- The Art of World of Warcraft: Legion, pg. 91
- Blizzcon 2015 | Alex Afrasiabi Legion behind the scenes!!
- Dave Kosak on Twitter
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 103, 150
- The Tomb of Sargeras (WC2 Orc)
- The Tomb of Sargeras (WC2x Orc)
- The Broken Isles (Warcraft III)
- The Tomb of Sargeras
- Quest:The Battle for Broken Shore
- Quest:The Search for the Highlord
- Quest:Vengeance Will Be Ours
- Gamescom 2015 interview
- Legion Live Developer Q&A w/ Ion Hazzikostas (2016-06-16)。 重新获取于2016-06-16.
- Interview with Chris Robinson
|Opening Event||During Artifacts||Open World|