|其他语言||矮人语, 萨拉斯语, 牛头人语, 德莱尼语|
圣骑士们在打赢第二次战争的过程中起了重要作用，他们施展神圣之力，挥舞战锤的形象既激励着前线的将士，也激励着后方的民众。 乌瑟尔和他的圣骑士们的形象可谓令人叹为观止。就连联盟最勇猛的骑士和战士见到他们一手锤爆兽人，一手治疗盟友的样子时都要敬畏他们三分。 乌瑟尔是人们见到的第一位在战场上释放他的力量的圣骑士 图拉扬为此给了他“光明使者”的称号。而图拉扬直到洛萨在黑石塔之战殒命才掌控了自己的力量 (which shone "brighter than the brightest day")。
亡灵瘟疫的出现差点终结了白银之手骑士团的存在，圣骑士们因为他们中的一员——阿尔萨斯王子——对骑士团的背叛而进入了一个黑暗的时代。当乌瑟尔拒绝按照阿尔萨斯的命令屠杀斯坦索姆中被感染的平民以避免他们在死后重生为亡灵时，阿尔萨斯开除了他的这些圣骑士。 随后，阿尔萨斯的灵魂被符文剑霜之哀伤夺走，成为了巫妖王麾下的死亡骑士。 回到洛丹伦后，阿尔萨斯杀死了数名著名的圣骑士，包括“厄运”格文拉德和乌瑟尔·光明使者
残存在洛丹伦的圣骑士继续与天灾作战。他们由指挥官塞丹·达索汗和灰烬使者的持有者，大领主亚历山德罗斯·莫格莱尼代领，在瘟疫之地抗击亡灵。他们从基地壁炉谷出发，取得了几场胜利，但并没有达到自己的目标：彻底摧毁天灾。 担心洛丹伦的废墟中被遗忘者的侵扰，圣骑士在提瑞斯法林地建立了基地——也就是后来人们所熟知的血色修道院。他们还与提尔之手的沃德玛尔领主结盟，向其求援。但在一场对斯坦索姆发动的袭击中，指挥官塞丹·达索汗被杀，其遗体成为了恐惧魔王巴纳扎尔的伪装。巴纳扎尔一步步地从内部瓦解教团。瓦里玛萨斯担心灰烬使者在他们的计划plans 完成前就会摧毁被遗忘者，于是让巴纳扎尔用计杀死了亚历山德罗斯（策反他的儿子雷诺杀死他） 假的塞丹·达索汗召集了白银之手在洛丹伦的残余势力，组建了血色十字军。这些圣骑士摧毁邪恶的欲望极其强烈，甚至排斥一切非人类成员。其他圣骑士受不了他们的这份狂热，创建了银色黎明。银色黎明欢迎全艾泽拉斯的有识之士加入他们。
In addition to the Scarlet Crusade, the Silver Hand found a rival in the newly-emerged Blood Knight order, a group of errant paladins who had come to prominence in the restored elven lands north of Lordaeron. Some of these elves had been knights of the Silver Hand before the Third War, such as Mehlar Dawnblade, a former pupil of Uther who held his former master indirectly responsible for the fall of Quel'Thalas. To prove their dominance over the Light, Blood Knights were sent to defile the Alonsus Chapel, the Silver Hand's founding place. The ghostly knights Aelmar the Vanquisher, Cathela the Seeker, Gregor the Justiciar, Vicar Hieronymus and Nemas the Arbiter appeared to defend the chapel, but were defeated. Whether to wounds received in battle against Baron Rivendare, or at the hands of the Blood Knights, the chapel's Silver Hand defender, Aurius, also fell, to return years later as a death knight.
After the Battle for Light's Hope Chapel, Tirion called for a union between the Argent Dawn and the Order of the Silver Hand. Together they formed the Argent Crusade, which sailed to Northrend and fought to end the reign of the Lich King. Along with the Knights of the Ebon Blade, they were instrumental in Arthas's ultimate defeat (with Tirion himself using the Ashbringer to sunder Frostmourne).
Paladin trainers in the kingdoms of Stormwind and Khaz Modan apparently remain part of an Order of the Silver Hand that did not merge with the Argent Crusade. However, it may be little more than symbolic as the order is never shown to have any further presence in either kingdom or the rest of the world as a whole.
A human paladin, Brother Sammuel, invites a new human paladin into the Order of the Silver Hand:
- "But until then, be patient... Knight of the Silver Hand."
The dwarven paladin, Bromos Grummner, invites a new dwarf paladin into the Order of the Silver Hand:
- "You're a Knight of the Silver Hand now, be ready to play the part."
Following the death of Highlord Tirion Fordring, a paladin hero picks up the Ashbringer and re-establishes the Order of the Silver Hand. Their new base lies in a templar sanctum beneath Lights Hope Chapel. It is unknown what this means for the Argent Crusade.
The Order of the Silver Hand took its name and symbol from the legend of Tyr. A paragon of order and justice, Tyr sacrificed his right hand in a fight against an unfathomable evil. Although it was within his power to fix his hand after the fighting had ended, the hero instead chose to replace it with a closed fist made of the purest silver. In this way, he impressed upon those who followed him that true order and justice can only be accomplished through personal sacrifice.
- Badge of the Silver Hand, which is to be given to Uther's spirit, is a medal given upon acceptance to the Knights of the Silver Hand.
- Tabard of the Lightbringer, which can be received from Uther's spirit, bears the symbol of the Silver Hand.
- Gavinrad's Sigil belonged to Gavinrad the Dire. Its flavor text reads "Engraved with the image of a silver fist, held up triumphantly."
- Shroud of Uther belonged to Uther the Lightbringer. Its flavor text reads "A heavy piece of canvas, probably used as a blanket or shawl." It is the in-game representation of the Shroud of the Lightbringer.
- Mace of the Order, Gavel of the Order and Warhammer of the Order are rewards from Quest:The Hand of the Light.
- Helm of the Order, Faceguard of the Order and Headguard of the Order are rewards from Quest:Weapons of Darkness (Alliance).
Some of the most notable members of the Silver Hand include:
|Arator||the Redeemer||Son of Turalyon and Alleria||Honor Hold||健在|
|Saidan Dathrohan||Grand Crusader||Leader of the Scarlet Crusade (possessed by Balnazzar)||Scarlet Crusade (formerly Lordaeron)||已故|
|Taelan Fordring||Highlord||Highlord of the Scarlet Crusade||Scarlet Crusade (formerly Lordaeron)||已故|
|Tirion Fordring||Highlord||Highlord of the Argent Crusade||Argent Crusade (formerly Lordaeron)||已故|
|Gavinrad||the Dire||Guarded the remains of Kel'Thuzad in Andorhal||Kingdom of Stormwind||已故|
|Valgar Highforge||Head paladin trainer in the Hall of Mysteries||Kingdom of Ironforge||健在|
|Morgan Ladimore||Haunts Raven Hill as Mor'Ladim (formerly a follower of Uther)||None (formerly Stormwind)||活跃|
|Jorad Mace||Companion of Tyrigosa (formerly a mercenary)||None (formerly Lordaeron)||健在|
|Arthas Menethil||King||Lich King of the Scourge (formerly Prince of Lordaeron)||Scourge (formerly Lordaeron)||已故|
|Alexandros Mograine||the Ashbringer||Death Knight of Naxxramas (formerly the Ashbringer)||Scourge (formerly Lordaeron)||已故|
|Aurius Rivendare||Death Knight of Stratholme (formerly Defender of Alonsus Chapel)||Scourge (formerly Lordaeron)||可击杀|
|Grayson Shadowbreaker||Lord||Head paladin trainer in the Cathedral of Light||Kingdom of Stormwind||健在|
|Thomas Thomson||Sir||The Headless Horseman (formerly a Scarlet Crusader)||None (formerly Scarlet Crusade)||可击杀|
|Turalyon||High Exarch||High Exarch of the Grand Army of the Light (formerly Commander of the Alliance Expedition to Draenor)||Grand Army of the Light||健在|
|Uther||the Lightbringer||Grand Master of the the Silver Hand||Alliance of Lordaeron||已故|
|Maxwell Tyrosus||Lord||Leader of the Argent Dawn in the Plaguelands||Argent Crusade||健在|
|Boros||Vindicator||Co-leader of the Hand of Argus||Exodar, Hand of Argus||健在|
|Lady Liadrin||Lady of Light||Matriarch of the Blood Knight Order||Kingdom of Quel'Thalas, Blood Knight Order||健在|
|Aponi Brightmane||Leader of the Sunwalkers||Thunder Bluff, Sunwalkers||健在|
|Lothraxion||High Commander of the Grand Army of the Light||Grand Army of the Light||健在|
|Julia Celeste||Justicar||Veteran paladin of the Valiance Expedition||Kingdom of Stormwind||健在|
|Delas Moonfang||Former priestess, she is the first night elf to join the order||Sisterhood of Elune, Conclave||健在|
For a complete list of Knights of the Silver Hand, see List of Knights of the Silver Hand paladins.
- Even after the triumph at Mount Hyjal, the paladins remembered Arthas's betrayal and just how close their order and all of Azeroth had come to complete destruction. Many paladins felt responsibility for Arthas, because the Holy Light teaches that every person can strengthen other people. Since they were unable to strengthen Arthas, the entire world suffered. After such an enormous breach of trust, the paladins resolved anew to eliminate all traces of corruption in their ranks.
- While the Knights of the Silver Hand survived the Scourge, few paladins were left in the order. The remaining knights started hunting Arthas's servants, the undead, with a ruthlessness that frightened some, but they were determined to fix their mistakes.
- The stalwart paladins of the Silver Hand who traveled to Kalimdor worked to establish a new church there.
- Humans founded the Knights of the Silver Hand, and though they remained the bulk of its membership, the new order started to accept dwarves into the ranks to replace paladins lost during the Third War (they had previously accepted a few dwarven paladins as far back as the Second War, though it was uncommon). The order was not nearly as active as it once had been, but those belonging to the organization became some of the most active members of the Alliance.
- In addition to the night elves, many guests and diplomats from elsewhere reside in Darnassus, including Knights of the Silver Hand.
- Templars see corruption in their homes and many other organizations, including the Knights of the Silver Hand. While the templars see paladins as allies and vice versa, templars feel that the Silver Hand overemphasizes tradition and order over general goodness and the other values of the Light.
- Verius attempted to infiltrate the Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand after the Third War.
- Brann believes that blue dragons may be found in the ranks of many mortal orders, including the Knights of the Silver Hand.
- Forthisal D'Neve is studying with the Knights of the Silver Hand to become a paladin.
- The Phylactery of Faithfulness, a small box containing religious scripture affixed to a leather cord and tied around the forehead, is commonly used by night elves and members of the Silver Hand.
- Once indoctrinated, a lightslayer receives missions to combat the Holy Light, particularly the Scarlet Crusade (though Knights of the Silver Hand and ordinary priests and parishioners are also fair game).
- According to Brann Bronzebeard;
- We have the Knights of the Silver Hand on our side, but this is a group that has experienced more hardships than most during these dark days. Once the pinnacle of enlightenment, goodness, purity and light, they are forever shamed that the powerful Lich King who sits upon the frozen throne was one of theirs. They wrack their brains on where they went wrong, why they couldn’t see the streak of evil that obviously lurked inside Arthas. If he were truly a paladin, as they are, then there is no way he would have been corrupted. I think they have rather a too high opinion of the paladins, but I’m not the one to tell them.
- Even though paladins are some of our most powerful weapons against the Scourge, with their holy power over undead, the paladins are not what they once were. Some have been driven into obsessive madness, forming the Scarlet Crusade and killing living and undead alike in their eagerness to eradicate the Scourge. Others traveled across the sea with Jaina Proudmoore to help defeat the Burning Legion and now reside on Theramore. They certainly do what they can to destroy undead they discover on Kalimdor, but the Scourge's numbers there are like a thimble of beer compared to the great kegs that are Lordaeron and Northrend. We’ll need the paladins to defeat the Scourge, but they are not up to the task right now, and I don’t know how much longer we can wait.
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Game Manual
- Quest:The Light of Dawn
- Quest:Consecrated Letter
- Quest:Consecrated Rune
- Tides of Darkness, 84
- Tides of Darkness, 86
- Tides of Darkness, 129-130
- Tides of Darkness
- Tides of Darkness, 127
- WoW Character Selection Screen, pre-2.01: "Although paladins were once exclusively human, a number of stout-hearted dwarves have recently been welcomed into the Order of the Silver Hand."
- Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, 62
- Of Blood and Honor
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, The Scourge of Lordaeron: The Culling
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, The Scourge of Lordaeron: Frostmourne
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Path of the Damned: Digging up the Dead
- World of Warcraft: Ashbringer, #1
- Quest:In Dreams
- Lich King (tactics)
- Quest:A United Force
- World of Warcraft Forums - Ask CDev #1 Answers。 重新获取于2010-06-30.
- Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 125
- Alliance Player's Guide, 18
- Lands of Mystery, 8, 187
- Alliance Player's Guide, 177
- Lands of Mystery, 22
- Magic & Mayhem, 15
- Magic & Mayhem, 11-12
- Lands of Mystery, 114
- Lands of Conflict, 170
- Magic & Mayhem, 145
- Horde Player's Guide, 47
- Lands of Mystery, 167