萨格拉斯 leading the Burning Legion in battle.
|Population||Effectively (and often mentioned to be) infinite: estimated to number in the millions, but able to re-form endlessly|
|Base of operations||安托鲁斯，燃烧王座, 阿古斯, 扭曲虚空|
|Theater of operations||All across the Great Dark Beyond, notably Azeroth, 外域 and alternate Draenor|
|Main factions||暗影议会 / alternate Shadow Council, Dreadlord Insurgents, Magtheridon's forces, Kael'thas' forces|
|Other membership||Felsworn, Sargerei, 拉基什部队, Scarlet Onslaught, 血色十字军, the Risen, Sethekk, Veiled Hand|
- 1 历史
- 1.1 创始之初
- 1.2 第一次入侵
- 1.3 萨格拉斯的回归
- 1.4 第二次入侵
- 1.5 Aftermath of the Third War
- 1.6 Attempted invasion
- 1.7 The royal coup
- 1.8 Cataclysm
- 1.9 Mists of Pandaria
- 1.10 Warlords of Draenor
- 1.11 The third invasion
- 2 著名角色
- 3 Major enemies
- 4 Non-sapient species
- 5 Organization
- 6 轶事
- 7 引用和注释
- 8 相关链接
许多年以前(距离第一次大战 10,000年前) 由于上层精灵对永恒之井的不断滥用和实验，最终，引起了燃烧军团对艾泽拉斯的注意. 黑暗泰坦希望用他的巫术和强大的法术加快军团对艾泽拉斯的远征. 但他自己也很清楚，如果没有一个足够承载他强大力量的传送通道，他将要花费数个世纪的时间到达艾泽拉斯. 就如同他远征阿古斯一样, 萨格拉斯尝试接触这些上层精灵，并利用他们的傲慢来达成自己的目的. 萨维斯是第一个响应萨格拉斯号召的上层精灵. 对力量极度渴望的萨维斯希望能尽快通过萨格拉斯的介入得到艾萨拉女王的注意. 黑暗泰坦向萨维斯承诺会保护他的暗夜精灵女王，以及她那深不可测的力量, 并且允许他将卡利姆多改造成他想要的天堂. 萨格拉斯仅仅要求艾萨拉和她的追随者们召唤他的代表来到艾泽拉斯，以便他可以给这位上层精灵一直想要的力量.
由于对萨格拉斯的迷恋, 艾萨拉女王以及她的下属使用永恒之井的能量，将军团的仆从带入到艾泽拉斯. 如潮水一般涌出的恶魔卫士冲出了艾萨拉的宫殿, 一路屠杀所有他们看到的暗夜精灵，除了他们的上层精灵盟友. 这些恶魔士兵由毁灭者玛洛诺斯, 犬神哈卡,和污染者阿克蒙德统帅, 在死亡和毁灭的浪潮中 ，军团席卷了整个暗夜精灵帝国. 炽热的地狱火撕裂着天空，如雨点一般无情的落下，摧毁着暗夜精灵的城市, 成千上万个嗜血的末日守卫和贪婪的地狱犬将卡利姆多的丛林化为一片片不知名的绿色余烬. 战争，就像没有人预见到一样，赫然降临到艾泽拉斯.
由一位精灵贵族库塔洛斯·拉文凯斯所领导组成的暗夜精灵抵抗军抵抗着燃烧军团猛烈的进攻. 这只抵抗军最坚定的捍卫者玛法里奥·怒风, 以及他的法师双胞胎兄弟, 伊利丹, 还有两兄弟都深爱的美丽女祭司, 泰兰德·语风. 即使这只抵抗军在与军团的战争中节节败退,但暗夜精灵们也取得了他们的成果. 在早期的抗争中，玛法里奥给予了军团以及他们的上层精灵盟友一次最关键的反击.在翡翠梦境的深处, 他对萨维斯释放出了他的德鲁伊自然法术,并击败了萨维斯.
Talk:Burning Legion#Second Invasion
Around this time discovered the world of Draenor and its two races, the shamanistic, clan based orcs and the peaceful Draenei. Of the two races, Kil'jaeden surmised that the orcs, a race seemingly bred as warriors, would be the perfect tool of the Legion. By bending the elder Shaman 耐奥祖 to his will, Kil'jaeden was able to enact a series of events that would see to the enslavement of the orcs to the will of the Legion. Complete control was established when Kil'jaeden orchestrated a meeting between the orc chieftains and 玛诺洛斯. At this meeting, the orcs were convinced to drink the blood of and thus cursed themselves to bloodlust and savagery. Kil'jaeden promised untold power in exchange for his utter obedience. The young orc became an avid student of demonic magic and developed into the most powerful mortal 术士 in history.
Kil'jaeden, seeking to tighten his hold over the orcs, helped Gul'dan found the 暗影议会, a secretive sect that manipulated the clans and spread the use of warlock magics throughout Draenor. As more and more orcs began to wield warlock magics, the gentle fields and streams of Draenor began to blacken and fade. Over time, the vast prairies the orcs had called home for generations withered away, leaving only red barren soil. The demon energies were slowly killing the world.
The 兽人s attempted to invade Azeroth twice through the 黑暗之门(地理). However, the natives of the planet formed together into an alliance led by the humans, fought back with unexpected determination and casualties were high on both sides. At the end of the 第二次战争, the Alliance of Lordaeron had defeated the orcs and their homeworld of Draenor destroyed by 's attempt to escape into another dimension. The remaining orcs were rounded up and placed in various internment camps by the Alliance.
After the defeat of the orcs, Kil'jaeden determined to create a new force, one that would succeed where the orcs had failed. To this end he captured and remade him as the Lich King. Trapping his essence in the 冰封王座, a large block of ice, Kil'jaeden hurled the Lich King to Azeroth, where he crashed on the frozen continent of 诺森德. The Lich King's new mission was to prepare Azeroth for subjugation through the release of a Plague of Undeath. Thus, the Scourge was born.
Where the orcs had failed the Scourge succeeded impressively. Within months the Eastern Kingdoms were in disarray. Each soldier or townsfolk who fell to the Scourge was reborn as an undead minion of the Lich King. Finally, the time for the Legion's return was nigh.
Servants of the scourge were able to summon Archimonde himself to lead the assault...with him came the myriad demons of the legion. The second invasion had truly begun. The forces of the Legion swept across the 东部王国 and soon reached the shores of Kalimdor, home of their old enemy, the night elves.
The Legion chose as its main goal the consumption of the World Tree on Mount Hyjal, which contained the essence of all life on Azeroth and granted immortality to the night elves. At the final hour, an alliance of humans, orcs, and night elves fought desperately to hold back Archimonde and the legion while Malfurion Stormrage performed a desperate druidic ritual upon the World Tree itself. Finally, Malfurion gave the signal that he was ready and the Legion was allowed to reach their goal...the World Tree stood exposed to Archimonde. As the demon embraced the tree, and began to feed upon its magics, Malfurion's spell took hold. The World Tree released all of its energy into Archimonde at once, destroying both the World Tree and the demon. The ensuing explosion destroyed the tree and laid waste to Hyjal summit. The Legion had been defeated once again, but at the cost of the night elves' immortality.
With Archimonde finally defeated, Kil'jaeden has assumed complete control of the Legion.
Aftermath of the Third War
An army of 人类, dwarves and blood elves arose, the New Alliance under the leadership of and . This New Alliance fought back against the Scourge and the Burning Legion. They managed to retake Dalaran and fought against the undead in Silverpine Forest and Alterac Mountains.
The Majority Satyr groups are still loyal to the Burning Legion and have stayed on Kalimdor waiting for the return of their dark masters. The remains of the Legion itself can be found in the region of felwood where demons of all varieties can be found, including a few corrupted species such a furbolgs. The Legion also has many still loyal orcish warlocks of the Burning Blade clan hiding in Durotar and even 奥格瑞玛 itself.
Although the New Alliance suffered a great loss with the blood elves, they continued fighting against the Scourge. However, they were not a serious threat to the Burning Legion. Rather, the dreadlords 巴纳扎尔, 德赛洛克, and Varimathras who were in charge of the Scourge were impatient for orders from Archimonde and ensured that the Scourge was ready for action, ignorant of the death of their leader. Soon after, Arthas returned to Lordaeron's Capital City. He told the undead leaders that the city was now his and that he wouldn't require the dreadlords' services to watch over it. When Balnazzar retorted that the Scourge belonged to the Legion, Arthas replied that their masters had been defeated, and that the Burning Legion was "undone." He then tried to slaughter the dreadlords but they managed to escape and warn Arthas of their inevitable retribution. Later, the dreadlords found out that the Lich King was weakening, and together with Sylvanas Windrunner planned to overthrow Arthas.
Luckily for the Scourge, Arthas escaped the Capital City and Sylvanas's assassination attempt was thwarted by Kel'thuzad. Soon after Varimathras invited Sylvanas to join the dreadlord's new order, Sylvanas however had no intention of losing her freedom again denied the offer and knew it was only a moment of time before she would be attacked. Using her sister banshees Sylvanas possessed Blackthorn, Mug'thol, Snarlmane, and possibly the Murloc Puddle Lord to bloster her forces and not only did she destroy the attacking undead, she even "turned" Varimathras to her side. Soon after the future forsaken killed Detheroc and acquired an ally in the freed Garithos.
The banshee and her forces laid siege to Balnazzar's base, which he had fortified within the city ruins. Balnazzar then found himself attacked from both sides by Sylvanas and Garithos. Though he was armed with demons and had made many threats, Balnazzar's forces were defeated.
Sylvanas, Varimathras, and Garithos approached Balnazzar. Sylvanas ordered Varimathras to kill his brother as a testament of his loyalty to her. Varimathras was reluctant. Killing another nathrezim was forbidden but Sylvanas was adamant. Balnazzar was sure that Varimathras would never take that final step. He was wrong. However, Balnazzar survived — Varimathras allowed his brother to fake his death in order to fool Sylvanas.[请求来源] Varimathras then killed Garithos on Sylvanas' orders.
With all their enemies dead, Sylvanas made a proclamation to Varimathras. They would rule the Plaguelands as the Forsaken, and would stake out their own destiny, where none would get in their way.
玛瑟里顿 still ruled Outland after the Legion's defeat, but, with the help of the escaped blood elves, 伊利丹·怒风 stormed his citadel and claimed Outland for his own. Although the pit lord was chained and his forces are now part of Illidan's forces, there are still numerous Legion strongholds over the planet and the Cabal, cultists of the 暗影议会, are trying to provide adventage to thier demon masters. The draenei are resisting to the Legion, even a group led by 阿卡玛 had to join Illidan to defeat Magtheridon.
The Burning Legion in the Blasted Lands were under the command of Lord Kazzak. Thanks to the efforts of Razelikh the Defiler the Burning Legion blostered its ranks with Grol the Destroyer and his Dreadmaul Ogres, Lady Sevine, and Archmage Allistarj. This sect of the legion also includes Ilifar, the only death knight who sided with the legion during the scourge rebellion.
Through the Dark Portal
After Illidan's failure to destroy the 冰封王座, 基尔加丹 sent forces to 外域 to destroy him, however, Illidan's forces proved to be equally as powerful and the Legion has so far been unable to gain revenge. Kil'jaeden thus decided to trick the people of Azeroth into getting rid of Illidan in his stead. Led by 魔王库鲁尔, the Legion opened the 黑暗之门(地理) again and sent troops into Azeroth. The Argent Dawn managed to hold the area surrounding the portal until reinforcements from the Alliance and 部落 arrived. After that, the Azerothian resistance pressed on and managed to drive the demons back into 外域 where they fought at The Stair of Destiny. Kil'jaeden's plan worked, and the Alliance and Horde would eventually kill Illidan for him.
The Alliance and Horde got to the middle of Hellfire Peninsula, where the Horde established Thrallmar and the initial Expeditionary Force of the Alliance reinforced Honor Hold. However, a Pit Commander and more Legion forces blocked the reinforcements of both factions, and they stood together to fight in The Stair of Destiny for a long time. Lieutenant General Orion sent an Horde 冒险者 for reinforcements of Thrallmar, after the notice General Krakork sent out what forces he could. The Legion stationed dreadlords in Felspark Ravine, but the Alliance and Horde defeated them, their 小鬼s and 地狱火s. The Alliance and Horde finally managed to destroy the portals defeating the Legion's forces by ground and by air. However the Burning Legion continued to produce 魔能机甲s in Forge Camp: Mageddon, the Alliance and Horde detected this and sent adventurers that defeated this force and destroyed the fel reavers. After the defeat of the fel reavers they aimed Thrallmar with fel cannons, but both Alliance and Horde destroyed the cannons. The final Legion's base, commanded by Warbringer Arix'Amal, still housed warp-portals from which they were drawing reinforcements, but the Alliance located the base and both Alliance and Horde sent adventurers which destroyed the portals and defeated the Legion in Hellfire Peninsula.
Activities in Outland
Doom Lord Kazzak was the commander of the Burning Legion in 外域, he resided in the 基尔加丹的王座. Although the Burning Legion in Hellfire Peninsula was defeated, there was a presence through all other zones of Outland with the exception of Zangarmarsh.
In Blade's Edge Mountains the Legion had accomplished several things:
- Sent 小鬼s, fire elementals and basilisks to defile Skald, causing the destruction of the living places for many ancients and the death of most of them.
- In the Bladed Gulch, they used Fel Corrupters to corrupt the creatures of the land. Those creatures became Felsworn and the Cenarion Expedition fought against them.
- At Forge Camp: Anger, the Fel Corrupters used Felsworn Gas Masks to communicate with their masters. The leader of these Fel Corrupters was called Doomcryer. The Cenarion Expedition sent out 冒险者s that deceived the masters and caused the killing of many mo'args and even the leader Doomcryer.
- The Legion also controled Death's Door, one of the portals that connected to the Twisting Nether that was closed by Illidan, and two warp-gates. Evergrove Druids and some adventurers managed to destroy the warp-gates and defeat Baelmon the Hound-Master, who kept the portal functioning.
In Netherstorm the main activities were of the blood elves allied with the Legion, the Kael'thas' forces, with mainly the Sunfury outside of Tempest Keep and other groups inside of it. The demons in the zone were led by the eredar 索克雷萨 and did several things:
- A group of demons took control of the Arklon Ruins to make an excavation, and they were led by the 破坏魔 Ekkorash the Inquisitor. Ekkorash posses the [], but removed staff's crystalline headpiece not realizing that it worked in concert with the rest of the staff. The dreadlord Pentatharon came into the possession of the Arklon Crystal Artifact, however it wasn't anything special and the Burning Legion continued searching for something in particular.
- Culuthas, a dreadlord, took the Ata'mal Crystal and betrayed the Legion. He killed the demons of Farahlon and summoned Hounds and Eyes of Culuthas to aid him. A projection of Socrethar threatened Culuthas to give him the crystal or die, but the Consortium killed the dreadlord and obtained the crystal.
- A group of mo'args and gan'args began activities in the Scrap Field, so the 地精s of Area 52 feared that it was a problem for them. For that reason, they sent 冒险者s to dealt with them.
- Demons at the north of Netherstorm were aiding the Sunfury blood elves at Manaforge Ara and had some bases. The Aldor and Scryers fought the Legion's presence in Manaforge Ara, the alliance between the the blood elves and the Burning Legion was discovered by the 奥尔多 and Scryers.
- The demons of Manaforge Ara were killed by the 奥尔多.
- Kaylaan, a draenei Aldor, joined the Legion when he heard of the alliance between Kael'thas' forces and the Burning Legion.
- At Forge Base: Oblivion the Legion was led by Forgemaster Morug and had in their possession the . However, Morug was killed by adventurers in order to fight Socrethar.
- At Forge Base: Gehenna the Legion was led by Silroth and had in their possession the . However, Silroth was killed by adventurers in order to fight Socrethar.
- High Priestess Ishanah led the Aldor to fight against 索克雷萨, but Kaylaan the Lost was in their way. While fighting Kaylaan, 索克雷萨 killed Ishanah; but Kaylaan, seeing his mentor dying, proceeded to resurrect her. Socrethar then killed Kaylann accusing him of attrition.
- Finally, Aldors and Scryers attacked Socrethar; with Voren'thal's Presence the eredar was weakened and was killed in the battle.
Fury of The Sunwell
Kil'jaeden was not finished yet however, for he had found a new pawn to manipulate in Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider. After his defeat at Tempest Keep, and still blinded by his lust for power, Kael become an all too willing participant in The Burning Legion's next attempt to invade and conquer Azeroth. Kil'jaeden restored Kael'thas' health and power through demonic means and empowered many of his followers will fel energy. Kael'thas sent his new Felblood elves to Silvermoon, where they captured M'uru from Kael's own people and took him to the Sunwell. Kael'thas also discovered that the energies of the Sunwell still existed, in the form of the human girl Anveena, and she was imprisoned and taken to the Sunwell, with Kael hoping to use her energies to reignite the Sunwell, to both bring his new master Kil'jaeden into Azeroth, and to supply himself with a new font of limitless power. However, with the intervention of the blue dragonflight and mortal 冒险者s of Azeroth, Kael'thas was killed once and for all in the Magister's Terrace and Kil'jaeden's plans to enter Azeroth were foiled. Anveena sacrificed herself to weaken Kil'jaeden so that the mortal heroes battling him could finally defeat him and send him back through the Sunwell. After the battle at the Sunwell, 维伦 used what was left of M'uru's "body" to reignite the Sunwell, saving the blood elves from their addiction to demonic power and allowing them to continue to use the powers of the Light.
The royal coup
In the wake of the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate, it was revealed that Varimathras plotted his way into controlling a substantial part of the Forsaken faction, using them and his chief underling, 大药剂师普特雷斯, to launch a surprise assault upon the combatants at the Wrathgate. This ambush resulted in the deaths of hundreds of Alliance and 部落 soldiers, including famed Alliance hero Bolvar Fordragon. At the same time Burning Legion forces under the command of Varimathras successfully took control of the 幽暗城 and nearly killed The Dark Lady herself.
He was eventually faced and defeated by 萨尔, Sylvanas, and adventurers during Quest:The Battle For The Undercity (Horde), after which he was not seen again. During the battle, Varimathras made reference to "years of planning" (attempting to undermine Sylvanas) and the voice of an unseen "Master" was heard berating Varimathras for his failure to prevent the Horde party from reaching the throne room, after which point Varimathras entered the fray himself — where he was defeated.
While the Burning Legion was tactically successful in rekindling Alliance-Horde tensions, it ultimately failed in its strategic goal of re-summoning yet another Legion invasion. It remains unknown who the unseen "Master" was, but is presumably Sargeras.
By the time of the Cataclysm, the Burning Legion's command structure was mostly wiped out, with only a few survivors and their masters' whereabouts unknown. The Burning Legion may have still been a devastating threat to the universe, however, though it had a weaker hold on Azeroth. With the devastation caused by the Cataclysm the Twilight's Hammer Cult were able to successfully take Darkwhisper Gorge from the Burning Legion. Despite this defeat the Legion was able to keep their holdouts in Felwood, Desolace and the Blasted Lands. Despite Balnazzar's defeat and the collapse of the Scarlet Crusade in 斯坦索姆, the legion was able to keep a hold on the city through Balnazzar's new 复生者 army, which consisted of Scarlet Crusaders who were in a state of undeath. The Scarlets at Tyr's Hand had also fallen to this fate, securing the town for the Legion.
However, the denizens of Azeroth were not allowing the Legion to keep these areas in peace. In Desolace, the Cenarion Circle aided Khan Leh'Prah of the Kolkar clan in his quest to unite the centaur (Kolkar, Magram and Gelkis) and successfully launched an assault on Shok'thokar. In Felwood, the Emerald Circle and Cenarion Circle launched their own assaults on the Legion holdouts in the area. In the Blasted Lands, both the Horde and the Alliance secured the 黑暗之门(地理) and sent 冒险者s into the Tainted Forest to end the Legion's hold on the region. Meanwhile, the Argent Crusade sent adventurers into both Tyr's Hand and Stratholme and claimed them for the Crusade.
While the legion tried to hold on to its bastions of power on Azeroth they were able launch an assault to reclaim Darkwhisper Gorge from the Twilight's Hammer that allowed them to require the Gates of Sothann.
Mists of Pandaria
拉希奥 suggested that the Horde and Alliance would have to unite to fight a greater foe that will come from beyond Azeroth. The image that he displayed while saying this shows Azeroth under bombardment by balls of green and yellow fire. This threat was confirmed to be the Burning Legion during the Chi-Ji portion of Quest:Celestial Blessings.
Warlords of Draenor
- The sky will rain fire...the oceans will be filled with blood.... DRAENOR WILL BURN!
Instead of deceiving Ner'zhul into servitude like in the main timeline, 基尔加丹 went directly to Gul'dan to corrupt the orcs. However, due to Garrosh's interference with the timeline, Grommash and the orcs never accepted Gul'dan's offer. Insulted by Grom, 玛诺洛斯 attacked him, but the orcs were prepared for him, and they fired their cannons at Mannoroth. Before he could regain his poise, Grom lunged at him and buried 血吼 deep into his skull, effectively killing Mannoroth. Gul'dan, and the Shadow Council, were captured by Grommash's Iron Horde and used to power the Dark Portal to take them to Prime Azeroth. Under 卡德加's leadership, the Alliance and the Horde successfully repelled the invasion, destroyed the Dark Portal, and freed Gul'dan and his lackeys.
With Kil'jaeden's failure to corrupt the orcs, Archimonde took full control of the Legion's operations on the alternate Draenor. As a result, the demons were less behind-the-scenes and more direct in corrupting the residents.
大主教奥萨尔 was one of those that had been lured by the demons to help in Draenor's destruction. Believing that Velen was leading their people to their doom, and promised by the Legion with great power, he swore fealty to them and transformed into the man'ari eredar, Socrethar, adopting a leadership role within the Sargerei. He later led the Legion's attack on Shattrath, and succeeded in taking over the draenei capital. Later on, with the help of the Alliance and Horde, Socrethar was killed and Shattrath was liberated.
Gul'dan on the other hand had been looking for ways to empower himself and the Legion. He sent Teron'gor to Auchindoun gather all the draeneis' souls to be used to empower the demons, and sent Cho'gall to Oshu'gun to subjugate the naaru, K'ure. Both of them betrayed Gul'dan and used the respective energies they were sent to gather to empower themselves. Thanks to adventurers employed by Khadgar, both were stopped and killed before they could wreak havoc.
Gul'dan later traveled to the Spires of Arak to find a frustrated and brooding Iskar. Gul'dan offered him a cure for Curse of Sethe, and power beyond reckoning. Frustrated over his failure to fully restore Terokk, over the Curse of Sethe, and his ever growing thirst for vengeance, Iskar gladly accepted Gul'dan's offer and became the first of the fel arakkoa. He later persuaded more cursed arakkoa to accept Gul'dan's offer and they swear fealty to the Legion. The Sethekk cult also joined Iskar's arakkoa.
Later on, the Iron Horde went into disarray due to their losses to the Alliance and Horde, causing many of the clans to leave Grom. Gul'dan appeared to Grom and taunted him for his constant defeats against the Alliance and Horde, and again offered him the Blood of Mannoroth. Grom refused and attacked Gul'dan, but was easily repelled with Gul'dan's magic. Kilrogg on the other hand gladly accepted his offer and became a fel orc. The rest of the Iron Horde followed suit, and Gul'dan effectively took control of them, turning Tanaan Jungle into the Legion's base of operations.
The third invasion
The third invasion began when the 萨格拉斯之墓 was reopened, and the demons of the Burning Legion poured into Azeroth from the Felstorm, a horrific nexus of magic. Their full, terrifying might was fixed on summoning the Sargeras to Azeroth—and they had already located the key to his return. This is the largest demonic invasion of Azeroth in the world's history.
The Broken Shore was the source of this invasion, where the armies of Azeroth defeated the initial thrust of the invasion. The Battle for the Broken Shore however, culminated in the Legion overrunning Azeroth's defenders and forcing them to withdraw. Many of the greatest heroes in Azeroth, such as 提里奥·弗丁, 沃金, and Varian Wrynn, fell in battle before the Legion or were mortally wounded. Some escaped, others went missing or were captured, but many more died upon the Broken Shore.
In addition to directly attacking the planet, the Legion used more subtle means to try and subvert the defenders through their nathrezim agents. The newly-crowned Anduin Wrynn captured an assassin, in disguise as a Stormwindian soldier, that then tried to convince the king that he was weak and that his kingdom needed to align with them. Another appeared to the desperate 卡德加 inside Karazhan in the guise of his old master, 麦迪文. In search of knowledge Medivh may have kept that could help, Khadgar was tempted by the demon to accept power that "Medivh" had supposedly stored away in a tome to empower another Guardian of Tirisfal, something the former apprentice admittedly desired that could make the Legion fear him. Khadgar recognized it was a trap to corrupt him and destroyed the tome. Both agents were destroyed and sent back to the Twisting Nether.
Kil'jaeden himself was eventually killed inside the Twisting Nether after failing to use the fallen Avatar of Sargeras. The Armies of Legionfall, the 部落 and the Alliance took the fight to 阿古斯 itself, joining with the Army of the Light already there.
Capitalized titles not correct / without sources
|The Pantheon||The Makers||Titans led by Aman'Thul. They were a group of titans who ordered worlds and watched over the universe. They made the titan-forged to combat the Old Gods and protect Azeroth, and eventually died at the hand of Sargeras himself.||已故|
|The Life-Binder||The red leviathan chosen by Eonar to safeguard all living creatures on the world.||健在|
|The Timeless One||The massive bronze dragon chosen by Aman'Thul to guard time itself and police the ever-spinning pathways of fate and destiny.||健在|
|The Steward of Magic||Former investigator for Malygos and guardian of Anveena, he succeeded Malygos as the new Blue Aspect during the Embrace.||健在|
|The Spell-Weaver||The blue dragon originally chosen by 诺甘农 as the guardian of magic and hidden arcanum. After declaring war against all mortal spellcasters, he was killed by agents of Alexstrasza.||已故|
|The Destroyer, formerly The Earth Warder||The mighty black wyrm chosen by Khaz'goroth and given dominion over the earth and the deep places of the world. He was driven mad by the whisperings of the Old Gods and managed to drive the blue dragonflight to near extinction. Slain by 萨尔, 冒险者s, and the other Aspects at the Maelstrom.||已故|
|The Awakened, formerly The Dreamer||The lithe green dragon, and Alexstrasza's younger sister, chosen by Eonar to watch over the growing wilds of the world from her verdant realm, the 翡翠梦境. Ysera fell to the Emerald Nightmare and was put to rest by 泰兰德·语风 and 冒险者s. Her spirit was then taken up by Elune to be one amongst the stars.||已故|
|大酋长 of the 部落||Former 大酋长 of the Horde, and the first non-orc to hold the position. Vol'jin has only recently come into power but his stance against the Legion is no doubt the same as his predecessors, he is slain by Fel-poison from a stab wound to his gut.||已故|
|The Banshee Queen||Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, became 大酋长 following Vol'jin's death during the third Burning Legion invasion. She was the first female, undead and elf to hold the position.||Undead|
|Earth-Warder||Former 大酋长 of the Horde, and current Leader of the Earthen Ring. He led the new Horde against their former demonic masters in the Battle of Mount Hyjal.||健在|
|High King of the Alliance||The High King of the Alliance forces with a strong hatred for all demons. Many loyal Alliance members helped repel the Legion from Azeroth at his command. He later sacrificed himself to save the retreating Alliance forces.||已故|
|High Priestess of Elune||The High Priestess of the goddess 艾露恩, the former general of the 暗夜精灵 哨兵 and the current head of the Sisterhood of Elune and wife of 玛法里奥·怒风. She fought against the Burning Legion during the 上古之战.||健在|
|Archdruid of the Kaldorei||The First of the druids, brother to 伊利丹·怒风, and husband of 泰兰德·语风. Through Malfurion's guidance, the night elves successfully halted the Burning Legion's first invasion of Azeroth during the legendary 上古之战.||健在|
|Prophet of the naaru||Former co-leader of 阿古斯, Velen was granted a vision by the naaru of Sargeras' true intentions and, with their help, gathered many like-minded eredar and escaped, calling themselves draenei. Under Velen's leadership, the draenei have sought a new homeworld to gather their strength and take the fight to the Legion as part of the prophesied Army of the Light.||健在|
|Former Leader of the 肯瑞托||Former Leader of the 肯瑞托. She helped defeat the demon Archimonde and banish the Legion.||健在|
|Lord of the Forest||Lord of the Forest and patron god of all druids, is one of the most powerful and influential demigods of Azeroth. He served as a commander of the forces of Kalimdor in the 上古之战 after the death of 玛洛恩.||健在|
|Leader of the 肯瑞托||Current Leader of the 肯瑞托 and the Council of Six, former apprentice of 麦迪文.||健在|
|The Betrayer||The Lord of Outland and brother to 玛法里奥·怒风. Former ally of the Burning Legion and 凯尔萨斯·逐日者. Defeated at the Black Temple. His body was taken by alternate Gul'dan in order to serve as the receptacle of a portion of Sargeras' soul.||健在|
|Leader of the Sha'tar||Leader of the Sha'tar, leading them in fighting the Burning Legion in 外域. Guides mortals to band together to form the fabled "Army of the Light".||健在|
|Warlord with the Iron Will||The former chieftain of the Warsong clan and warchief of the Iron Horde of alternate Draenor, Grommash recently escaped his imprisonment by the Legion with the help of adventurers.||健在|
|Elder Shaman||The elder shaman responsible for the foundation of the Horde. Was later transformed by 基尔加丹 into the Lich King. After the Battle of Mount Hyjal, Ner'zhul openly betrayed the Legion. His spirit was consumed by 阿尔萨斯·米奈希尔.||已故|
|Lich King||Helped summon Archimonde at the instructions of the dreadlord 提克迪奥斯. He later overthrew his Burning Legion masters and became the Lich King.||已故|
|The Archlich||Founder of the Cult of the Damned and principle agent of the Lich King in spreading the Scourge. He is eternally loyal to the Lich King even in death and served as one of his most powerful lieutenants.||Unknown|
The Burning Legion races consist mainly of demons, but other non-demonic species serve them as well.
- Fel beast
- Fel hound
- Warp Stalker
Races of other organizations
- This list includes the organizations that serve the Burning Legion.
Sargeras is the leader of the Burning Legion. If missing, Kil'jaeden runs things in his stead. Eredar serve as the Legion's overlords and strategists. Pit lords serve as generals and ground commanders. Nathrezim are a step below pit lords. 末日守卫 are four steps below nathrezim, serving as marines, captains, military leaders, and so on. 恐惧卫士s are close in rank and role to doomguard. Felguard serve as rank and file soldiers. The most powerful Burning Legion soldiers often carry an emblem of their rank and status within the demon army.
The number of demons in the Twisting Nethers is virtually infinite. Though estimed in the millions they are able to reform in the Twisting Nether again and again. However not all demons are part of the Buring Legion. During the 上古之战, 萨格拉斯 gathered at least one million demons. Wendy Breezy estimed them to number in the millions.
Organizations who serve the Legion
- 暗影议会 and the cults who serve them †
- Alternate Shadow Council
- Dreadlord Insurgents
- Kael'thas' forces †
- The Burning Legion was originally intended to be a playable faction in 魔兽争霸III：混乱之治.
- A map "mutation" called "Burning Legion" exists in the multiplayer of StarCraft II.
- Originally the Legion's mission was described as being to destroy the universe and remake it without the underlying defect preventing true order. In practice, the Legion scoured all life from the worlds it invaded, its components were cursed to roam the greater realms forever to consume the primal energies of magic to survive.
- The fact that some satyrs come from 克索诺斯 as well as later appearance of alternate Shadow Council agents in the Legion expansion pack indicates that the Burning Legion has started using its mortal worshippers from Azeroth and Draenor in their effort for cosmic conquest.
- In Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, the Legion card back was rewarded for achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Season 30, which took place during September 2016. The flavor text reads: "The Burning Legion attempted to invade Azeroth three times in the last 10,000 years. Fourth time's the charm?"
- When demons of the Legion fall out of favor, their spirits are imprisoned within orbs and distributed to their 法师s and 术士s.
- According to Illidan, intimidation is the weapon of the Burning Legion rather than intelligence.[请求来源]
- The Warcraft Encyclopedia: Burning Legion
- Sean Copeland on Twitter (2014-02-07)
- Blizzard Entertainment Inc. 2007-04-19. Crisis at the Portal (English). News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal. Retrieved on 2009-06-20. “How long do you think this assault will last? Given that the Legion is estimated to number in the millions! - Wendy Breezy”
- Jeremy Feasel on Twitter
- 阿扎凯尔 Dungeon Journal
- "诅咒者的遗物: 阿尔萨斯国王", 魔兽争霸III: 冰封王座. 暴雪娱乐. 希尔瓦娜斯·风行者: "军团在几个月前就已经被击败了。他们怎么会不知道？".
- 萨尔的幻象(WC3 Demo)
- "部落的远征: 追逐幻象", 魔兽争霸III. 暴雪娱乐. [[麦迪文]]: "人类？很早以前我就抛弃了自己的人性面。我现在是一种……不太一样的东西。我看到了未来，注视着正准备前来吞噬这个世界的、巨大而又燃烧着的阴影。你也感觉到了，不是吗？".
- Afrasiabi on twitter (2015-05-06)
- 魔兽世界：伊利丹，第九章： 这一次浮现在他的眼前的不是单单一个宇宙，而是无数个，以一种复杂的分形结构显现。转瞬之间，新生的世界就已从中诞生。军团朝着每一个地方进军，摧毁一个又一个的世界。
- '模板:Ref WoW CV1
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 , pg. 98
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 99-100
- World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 104
- Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
- Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: Misconceptions", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: King Arthas", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Terror of the Tides: Shards of the Alliance", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: A New Power in Lordaeron", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: A Kingdom Divided", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: Sylvanas' Farewell", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: The Dark Lady", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: Dreadlord's Fall", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- Death is Contagious
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: Lord of Outland", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- Quest:Through the Dark Portal (Horde)
- Quest:Through the Dark Portal (Alliance)
- Quest:Journey to Thrallmar
- Quest:The Path of Anguish
- Quest:Felspark Ravine
- Quest:Disrupt Their Reinforcements
- Quest:Mission: Gateways Murketh and Shaadraz
- Quest:Mission: The Murketh and Shaadraz Gateways
- Quest:Mission: The Abyssal Shelf
- Quest:Return to Thrallmar
- Quest:Disruption - Forge Camp: Mageddon
- Quest:Forge Camp: Mageddon
- Quest:Cannons of Rage
- Quest:Enemy of my Enemy...
- Quest:Invasion Point: Annihilator
- Quest:Doorway to the Abyss
- Quest:From the Ashes
- Quest:Little Embers
- Quest:Culling the Wild
- Quest:Felsworn Gas Mask
- Quest:Damaged Mask
- Quest:Mystery Mask
- Quest:Deceive thy Enemy
- Quest:You're Fired!
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: Gates of the Abyss", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- Quest:Harvesting the Fel Ammunition
- Quest:Fire At Will!
- Quest:The Hound-Master
- Quest:The Archmage's Staff
- Quest:Consortium Crystal Collection
- Quest:Full Triangle
- Conversation between Socrethar and Culuthas.
- Quest:In A Scrap With The Legion
- Quest:A Dark Pact
- Quest:Damning Evidence
- Quest:Deathblow to the Legion
- Quest:Aldor No More
- Quest:A Gift for Voren'thal
- Quest:Turning Point
- BlizzCon 2015 Opening Ceremony
- Legion: Home, Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2015-08-21
- 2015-08-08, GamesCom 2015 World of Warcraft: Legion Story and Setting Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-08-21
- Quest:The Search for the Highlord has Stormwind soldiers and Tirion Fordring captive
- Tomb of Sargeras raid
- Quest:Two If By Sea
- Shadows & Light, p.52
- 2015暴雪嘉年华 Dave Kosak的采访 “设计意图是，如果你在史诗模式下击败阿克蒙德，那么你是在扭曲虚空将他击杀的，这代表着他已经死透了。这是我们的意图。我们想解释来着，但是最终确实没有在游戏里体现，这是因为我们觉得没必要在游戏里解释。” "And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game."
- Exodar Holographic Emitter
- Sean Copeland on Twitter (2014-08-05)
- Sean Copeland on Twitter (2014-08-05)
- Sean Copeland on Twitter (2014-08-27)
- Quest:Symbols of Power
- 魔兽争霸III：混乱之治 manual, 77
- 魔兽争霸III：混乱之治 manual, 48
- Blizzard Entertainment. Warcraft III official site (English) (HTML). Description. Archived from the original on 2000-08-31. Retrieved on 2000-12-23.
- Quest:The Orb of Soran'ruk