|势力||银色盟约, 达拉然, Kirin Tor Offensive, 联盟|
|前势力||奎尔萨拉斯王国, 远行者, 洛丹伦联盟|
|亲属||(丈夫), and (儿子), , , (siblings), (cousin), (nephew)|
温蕾萨是著名的风行者家族的一员。她的大姐奥蕾莉亚是游侠队长，而她的二姐希尔瓦娜斯则是“银月城的游侠将军”。Vereesa is a member of the prominent Windrunner family of the high elves. Her elder sisters Alleria and Sylvanas were a ranger captain and ranger general of Silvermoon City, respectively. She also had a brother named Lirath. Her family lived at Windrunner Spire in the tranquil forests of Quel'Thalas. Eventually, she also became a ranger in the service of the high elven Silvermoon City. Young for her kind, Vereesa was only a year out of her apprenticeship following the Second War. 温蕾萨与姐姐希尔瓦娜斯之间的关系十分亲密，她十分尊敬她的姐姐，并不断提高自己而努力的赶上她姐姐的能力。 Vereesa had a particularly close relationship with Sylvanas, whom she looked up to and tried to emulate her entire life.
当奎尔萨拉斯边境的森林意外起火时，温蕾萨和奥蕾莉亚遭遇了森林巨魔的攻击。幸运的是，她们被希尔瓦娜斯和她的游侠部队所救。 When Quel'Thalas' forest began mysteriously to burn, Vereesa alongside Alleria were attacked by forest trolls. Fortunately, they were rescued by Sylvanas and her rangers.
The young Vereesa was inducted into the entry ranks of the Farstriders some time before the Second War, rising to become among the best of her training group. More than one of her tutors scolded her for her reckless attitude and fighting style, derogatorily comparing her impatience to that of a human's. She did not take an active part in the Second War itself, presumably due to a lack of experience, and had neither seen nor battled a troll until her foray into Grim Batol.
Following in Alleria's footsteps, Vereesa too became a ranger. To her disgust, her first major assignment did not involve hunting down the orcs that had been trapped on the planet Azeroth in the wake of the Dark Portal's destruction. Instead, she was asked to escort a human wizard named Rhonin to Hasic, one of the eastern ports of Lordaeron. She accomplished her mission only to discover that there were no ships available to take Rhonin to his ultimate destination: Khaz Modan.
尽管罗宁声称他的任务仅仅是观察卡兹莫丹的兽人那么简单，但他完成任务的决心却出乎意料的坚定。他甚至向一群蛮锤矮人求助，希望他们可以用狮鹫将他带到目的地。虽然罗宁声称他的任务并不重要，只不过是确认卡兹莫丹有兽人出现，但他却表现出了异乎寻常的坚定。罗宁甚至向一队蛮锤矮人求助，恳请他们用狮鹫载他去卡兹莫丹。一开始，矮人们拒绝了他的要求，因为他们很少相信人类，更别说法师了。不过，她猜想罗宁的任务可能比他所描述的还要重要得多。经过一番恳求，她终于说服矮人们带他们二人前往卡兹莫丹。虽然罗宁抛下她独自飞行，但温蕾萨一直尾随罗宁到达了目的地：格瑞姆巴托，一个由耐克鲁斯·碎颅者领导的部落要塞。 Rhonin claimed that his mission was minor and only required him to observe the orc presence in Khaz Modan. Yet he remained unusually determined to fulfill it. He even appealed to a group of Wildhammer dwarves, asking them to fly him to Khaz Modan on one of their gryphons. At first the dwarves refused, for they trusted humans little and wizards even less. Yet Vereesa had grown fond of Rhonin, and she suspected that his mission was more important than he wanted to admit. Appealing to the dwarves, she persuaded them to fly both her and Rhonin to Khaz Modan. Although Rhonin was separated from her along the flight, she tracked him all the way to Grim Batol, which was a Horde stronghold under the leadership of Nekros Skullcrusher. 耐克鲁斯利用巨龙之魂奴役了阿莱克丝塔萨，通过她，他也就控制住了红龙种群的绝大部分。于是，克莱奥斯特拉兹化身为一个名叫克拉苏斯的法师并派遣罗宁前往格瑞姆巴托解救红龙女王——阿莱克丝塔萨。但克拉苏斯并不真正对罗宁能救出女王抱有希望，只是打算让部落误认为大规模的袭击即将到来，当他们撤离格瑞姆巴托的时候，再发起突袭，救出女王。黑龙死亡之翼的不期而至和盗卵行动令克拉苏斯的计划泡了汤。事实上，死亡之翼帮助罗宁到达了格瑞姆巴托，理由只有一个：这头疯狂的巨龙妄图绑架阿莱克丝塔萨的孩子，抚养他们来扩充自己日益衰弱的种群。然而，其它的巨龙及时赶到并阻止了死亡之翼。在温蕾萨和矮人们的帮助下，罗宁成功地从耐克鲁斯手中夺得了巨龙之魂并将其摧毁。阿莱克丝塔萨和其他巨龙的元气得以恢复，它们协力攻击死亡之翼，并迫使它逃离。至此，死亡之翼销声匿迹。 Using a magical artifact known as the Demon Soul, Nekros had managed to enslave Alexstrasza and, through her, most of the red dragonflight. Thus, Korialstrasz had sent Rhonin to Grim Batol with instructions to free Alexstrasza. Disguised as a mage named Krasus, Korialstrasz did not truly hope that Rhonin would be able to liberate the Dragonqueen. Rather, Korialstrasz hoped to trick the Horde into believing that a full-scale invasion was about to occur. While the Horde evacuated Grim Batol, Korialstrasz planned to strike and free his queen. His plan backfired when the massive black dragon Deathwing unexpectedly showed up and began stealing Alexstrasza's eggs. In fact, Deathwing had helped Rhonin reach Grim Batol precisely for that reason: the insane Dragon Aspect wanted to bolster his own failing flight by kidnapping Alexstrasza's children and raising them as his own. However, the other Dragon Aspects arrived to stop Deathwing. With the help of Vereesa and a group of dwarves, Rhonin took the Demon Soul from Nekros and managed to destroy it. Their powers fully restored, Alexstrasza and the other Aspects attacked Deathwing and forced him to flee. Deathwing has not been seen since that time. 在他们这次任务结束后不久，温蕾萨与罗宁二人就结婚了。 Not long after their adventure, Vereesa and Rhonin were married.
Following the success of the mission, Vereesa was asked to act as an Alliance Ambassador by King Terenas and the Kirin Tor. She and Rhonin were tasked with touring the Alliance and reminding everyone that there were other threats in the world besides orcs that would have to be faced sooner or later. Along with Rhonin and Krasus, Vereesa was among the few well-known survivors of the Scourge that destroyed Lordaeron, Dalaran, and Quel'Thalas after the corruption of Prince Arthas.
The rest of her family was not so lucky. They were one of the hardest hit by the Scourge invasion into Quel'Thalas. Sylvanas was killed by Arthas and raised as a banshee in his service, later becoming Banshee Queen of the Forsaken. The sisters' grandfather had to battle his own son, their uncle, after he was turned into an undead. A younger brother was torn to pieces by their older brother who was then himself burned with the rest of the Scourge by elven resistance fighters.
While she and her husband, Rhonin, were preparing for the birth of their twin offspring, Giramar and Galadin, Rhonin was once again summoned by Krasus for help. As a reward for Rhonin's courage, Nozdormu allowed Rhonin to return to Vereesa at the moment she went into labor to ensure he would not miss a moment of the twins' lives. Nozdormu also offered the children the friendship of the bronze dragonflight. A human named Jalia assisted in the birth.
Night of the Dragon
At one time, Vereesa was close to her cousin Zendarin Windrunner: an ambitious young elf whose difficulty fitting the mold of high elven society was similar to that of Vereesa's own. After the rise of the blood elves, Zendarin took well to the teachings of Kael'thas Sunstrider, as his withdrawals from the Sunwell's power were too much to bear. Having suffered from her own magical withdrawal, Vereesa reflected that she too may have joined them, had it not been for Rhonin's support which helped her to recuperate. After the birth of her sons, her love for her children was enough to distract her from the pangs of addiction and loss.
Zendarin, now a blood elf who had always hated humans, tried to kidnap her children as he believed the offspring of a high elf and a human mage would have a lot of magic power. He failed in this attempt.
She appears again in the novel Night of the Dragon, where she braved the depths of Grim Batol, seeking revenge on Zendarin. Zendarin sought to steal the Demon Soul (possibly as an alternate magic source having failed to take Dargonax, or as a secondary objective), the foul creation of Deathwing that had been destroyed by Rhonin years earlier. He would have pulled it off if not for Vereesa's intervention, which resulted in the destruction of the Demon Soul — and of Zendarin himself — when the stolen staff of the Naaru touched the artifact. Vereesa also assists Iridi, a draenei priestess, in destroying Dargonax, as redemption for Zendarin's murder of Iridi's comrade.
Vereesa is called upon by the ranger-general of Silvermoon, Halduron Brightwing, to help address the threat of a revitalized troll empire brewing in Zul'Aman. She travels to Quel'Thalas, and meets with Brightwing alongside the Darkspear Chieftain, Vol'jin.
Her presence is not well received in the upper echelons of Silvermoon City, and Lor'themar Theron sends a messenger to demand to know why she holds presence in Quel'Thalas. A frustrated Vereesa mentions that Quel'Thalas is as much her home as it is his, and that she will not see it fall to their ancient enemy. Halduron states that he had personally invited her to supplement his own Farstriders, as it would take time to recall enough of them. The two ranger-generals along with Vol'jin discuss their plans for battle.
Vereesa is stationed near the Shado-Pan Garrison, where she will accompany members of the Alliance to Lady Jaina Proudmoore's flagship, The Seabolt, on the Isle of Thunder. Vereesa is part of the Kirin Tor Offensive, serving as a secondary leader. Vereesa expresses concern with the Horde presence on the isle, fearful that the world at large will suffer should they get their hands on the source of Lei Shen's power. She is also eager to avenge the death of her husband.
Vereesa will also appear within the Violet Rise when the base is established.
Vereesa eventually accompanies Jaina to the Bloodied Crossing, and does battle with the mogu forces in the area. After the battle against Shan Bu is won, Vereesa is present when Jaina and Lor'themar face off in the courtyard. United by sharing an unlikely enemy, Jaina and the regent lord come to an agreement, though Vereesa is uneager to retreat, stating that they killed her husband. Jaina tells her that fighting here won't bring him back.
Vereesa accompanies King Varian Wrynn's force to seize Bladefist Bay from Hellscream's forces, and takes part in the 迦拉卡斯 encounter. During the battle Vereesa wears a new outfit that more closely resembles her artwork.
温蕾萨陪同吉安娜出现在对加尔鲁什的审判中。Vereesa accompanied Jaina to the trial of Garrosh Hellscream. Embittered by the loss of her husband and fuelled by vengeance, Vereesa desired the death sentence to be passed on the former warchief. As the trial continued, however, it became increasingly apparent to Vereesa that he may yet escape this fate and face life imprisonment instead, with even the possibility of acquittance. Unwilling to let this happen, Vereesa reached out to her sister, Sylvanas, and arranged a meeting at Windrunner Spire. Vereesa asked Sylvanas to provide her with a potent, untraceable poison she could use to murder Garrosh, which Sylvanas agreed to consider. While the sisters were wary of each other at first, they rekindled a surprisingly positive bond over the course of their meetings, as they reflected on their childhoods, their deceased loved ones, and the lives they'd both left behind.
As the sisters continued to plot and bond, Vereesa came to doubt what she had left in the Alliance. Noting this, Sylvanas made her an offer: Vereesa could join her in the Horde, and co-rule with her. She could rise to a position of great power, with the ability to shape things as the Windrunners saw fit. Seeing what they were about to accomplish in killing Garrosh (something both the Horde and Alliance had failed to do), Vereesa agreed to consider the offer.
The following court day, Vereesa was forced to witness Rhonin's last moments in Theramore through the Vision of Time leaving her in tears. Fuelled with anger and grief at seeing her husband's selfless sacrifice for her, she left for Tirisfal Glades, where she met with Sylvanas, who had provided the poison - a particularly potent strain, that would no doubt give Garrosh a painful end. She had chosen Tirisfal over the Ghostlands to become better acquainted with where she would soon be living; though dark, she believed the glades had a certain beauty. Vereesa's increasing affinity for her soon-to-be home pleased her sister greatly, though Sylvanas had not given her the full story: the Forsaken would never accept a living ruler, so she planned to give Vereesa a painless death and resurrect her as a powerful banshee, like her, so that the two could rule together forever.
Vereesa integrated herself into the temple's kitchens, giving her access to Garrosh's food. Putting aside all reluctance, she succeeded in lacing his meal with the poison, and left to reflect on what now awaited her. On the cusp of joining her sister in the Horde, however, Vereesa began to have her doubts. On one hand, she looked forward to ruling alongside her sister and having access to Silvermoon again, though her time with the cook Mu-Lam Shao (and then a meeting with Anduin Wrynn) made her think of her boys back home in Dalaran. Knowing they would have no place in the Undercity, Vereesa left for Dalaran to be with them, promising never to consider leaving them again. She sent a letter to Sylvanas to tell her of this. Her decision was a blow to Sylvanas, who had greatly lowered her defenses around her sister.
Before leaving, Vereesa told Anduin of her plot to poison Garrosh, leaving the warchief's fate in the prince's hands. Ultimately, Anduin chose to rescue him, though kept Vereesa's secret.
After the Farstriders acquired information on the whereabouts of Vereesa's sister Alleria, Vereesa traveled to the Broken Shore to join forces with them and plan a rescue attempt. She summons the soon-to-be leader of the Unseen Path to assist in this endeavour. Although she is unhappy to trust the word of a demon, who claims Alleria and her fabled bow were present on a Legion world known as Niskara, inhabited by the Inquisitor demons, Vereesa is willing to take the risk. Ranger Orestes argues that the mission is too personal on Vereesa's side, which she unconvincingly denies, claiming it is simply to recover a strategic asset and nothing more. Vereesa forbids Orestes from taking part in the mission, not wanting to risk lives until Alleria's presence is confirmed, but he goes ahead regardless. Vereesa fights her way through Niskara to rescue both Orestes and Alleria; however, Orestes is heavily wounded, and dies encouraging Vereesa to rescue Alleria. Vereesa narrowly avoids succumbing to an inquisitor's mental attack, but Alleria is nowhere to be found. Only her bow is left, and Vereesa infers that the demons had hoped to lure Alleria back with it. She suggests the hunter champion be the one to claim it, acknowledging them as a hero on par with her sister.
Vereesa then leads her rangers to Trueshot Lodge, where she reunites with Halduron and informs him of the mission's events. Representing the Silver Covenant among the Unseen Path's union of all hunters on Azeroth, Vereesa promises the aid of her order to the Path's new leader following their inauguration.
When an Alliance player reaches Prestige Rank 2, Vereesa can be found in Stormwind Keep alongside other notable leaders of the Alliance. During Quest:A Royal Audience (Alliance), she is present at the ceremony hosted by King Anduin Wrynn that congratulates the character for their battles against the Horde, following their receiving of the Grand Marshal's Medal of Valor from the King, as well as an artifact appearance.
|Isle of Thunder||??||87,227,400|
|Quest:The Fall of Shan Bu||??||393,940,992|
|Siege of Orgrimmar||93||87,227,400|
|Quest:Call of the Marksman||110||1,039,267,008|
|Niskara||100 - 104||5,071,924|
|Quest:The Unseen Path||100||3,365,231|
|Quest:Informing Our Allies||110||10,392,670|
Like her sisters, Vereesa is a talented ranger, and was among the best of her class. At first, Vereesa was unimpressed with the humans and the Alliance, but like Alleria (and perhaps Sylvanas), she would go on to romance a human hero of distinction. Vereesa came to love and marry Rhonin Redhair, with whom she had two half-elf children, and their presence provided huge support to Vereesa in the testing years to come. She was left crushed by Rhonin's death, and resolved to avenge him.
Vereesa is a sworn enemy of the Horde, but does care for her sister, the Horde leader Sylvanas Windrunner. Vereesa was originally unaware of Sylvanas' fate; however, when she learned of it, Vereesa mourned her sister and was enraged when her cousin Zendarin recklessly called Sylvanas a Banshee. The two would be reunited years later, and the sisters reconnected to a point that Vereesa considered leaving the Alliance to join her sibling in the Horde. Ultimately, she could not bear to leave her children behind, and remained in Dalaran instead.
Vereesa is one of the few remaining high elves. While she considered becoming a blood elf along with the rest of her bereaved race, Rhonin was able to help her recuperate from the elves' arcane withdrawals, and she did not declare herself a blood elf. Vereesa left Quel'Thalas and relocated to Dalaran, although she still considers the elven kingdom to be as much her home as the blood elves', and does not wish it ill. Vereesa eventually developed an animosity toward the sin'dorei, implied to be due to their leaders' alliance with the Horde. This feud took form in Dalaran, when Vereesa opposed the re-admittance of the Sunreavers into the Kirin Tor and formed the Silver Covenant to deter any potential Horde uprising. Despite this tension, and the fact that Vereesa is unwelcome in blood elf lands, she seems to be on fairly good terms with the blood elf military leader, Halduron Brightwing, and has worked cordially with the Farstriders several times since.
The youngest scion of the Windrunner family is now in a position to stave off future tragedy – if any remains to prevent.
- "With my bow, I have shot orcs dead at a hundred yards. I have battled trolls, demons, and more. I have nearly traveled the length and breadth of Azeroth...yes my love, I think I can handle the situation until Jalia arrives."
- "One should not speak of taint who has taken to draining the foul magic of demons."
- "Use your eyes and call me not by so accursed a name as that, draenei!"
- Meeting with Halduron and Vol'jin
- Silvermoon Messenger说： I bring word from the Regent Lord of Silvermoon.
- Silvermoon Messenger说： Lord Lor'themar demands an explanation for the presence of this... exile in our lands.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： Quel'Thalas is as much my home as it is yours and I would not see it fall to our ancient enemy. Now, you tell your cowardly regent --
- Halduron Brightwing说： Vereesa, please!
- Halduron Brightwing说： She is here at my invitation, courier. Most of my Farstriders are away and cannot be recalled easily. Vereesa's rangers know the land and are experienced combatants.
- Silvermoon Messenger说： Lord Lor'themar does not concur with your reasoning, ranger-general. You have no authority to invite this --
- Halduron Brightwing说： I am the commander of Silvermoon's defenses and I will seek assistance as I deem necessary!
- Halduron Brightwing说： Now, Chieftain Vol'jin, before we were so rudely interrupted, you were telling us of the Zandalari's plans.
- Vol'jin说： Dat I was. Da Zandalari called a meeting 'o all da troll tribes includin' da Darkspears.
- Vol'jin说： King Rastakhan, he be plannin' to unite da troll tribes under his Zandalari.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： Including the Amani?
- Vol'jin说： Da Amani, da Gurubashi, all 'o dem. He be dispatchin' emissaries to every tribe.
- Halduron Bringwing说： My scouts have reported nothing but quiet outside Zul'Aman.
- Vol'jin说： Dey be holed up inside da ruined city, regroupin'.
- Vol'jin说： Rastakhan be callin' me his brother, but da Horde be our true brothers. We gotta stop him before he can sweet-talk the others into joinin' his empire.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： So how are we going to deal with this alliance between the Amani and the Zandalari?
- Halduron Brightwing说： We must prevent it from occurring in the first place.
- Vol'jin说： Dat be da plan. My men be infiltratin' the city and learnin' what dey can about da new Zandalari warlord.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： Halduron, we should combine our forces and make preperations to act on reports from the Darkspear scouts.
- Halduron Brightwing说： Agreed. Messenger, you may carry word of our plans back to Lord Lor'themar, but make it clear that I will not tolerate any further interference.
- Quest:Jaina's Resolution
- Quest:Nowhere to Run (Dalaran)
- Quest:Nowhere to Hide
- Quest:Sewer Cleaning
- Quest:Unfair Trade (Dalaran)
- Quest:Cashing Out
- Quest:What Had To Be Done
- Quest:Thunder Calls (Alliance)
- Quest:The Storm Gathers (Alliance)
- Quest:The Shuddering Moor (Alliance)
- Quest:The Zandalari Colossus (Alliance)
- Quest:Call of the Marksman
- Quest:Clandestine Operation / Quest:Clandestine Operation (blood elf)
- Quest:Rescue Mission
- Quest:Hunter to Hunter (marksmanship)
- You do not want to prod me right now.
- Bal'a dash, malanore.
- We stand together.
- The Legion must be stopped.
- My bow is at the ready.
- Waste MY time? I don't think so.
- Fight well.
- Al diel shala!
- Remember those you've lost.
- Together we will save Azeroth.
- Until next time.
Violet Rise, Isle of Thunder
Enemies litter this isle, both old and new. We will not gain a foot of ground here without spilling blood for it.
- Vereesa's Sunreaver equivalent during the Isle of Thunder conflict is Scout Captain Elsia. Both serve the same roles during the quests and scenarios they are involved in.
- Vereesa's mount is a Silver Covenant Hippogryph.
- Currently, she is using a bow that looks exactly like the Ironfeather Longbow. She used a different one in past patches.
- Vereesa's new outfit for the Galakras encounter was her original beta model in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Vereesa's nickname back home was "Little Moon," while Sylvanas's was "Lady Moon." These nicknames were given to them by a young Alleria, who teased them for their hair colours (silvery and pale-blond, respectively) in contrast to the golden locks of Alleria and Lirath, who were the "suns" of the family.
- In Dalaran, players can fish Vareesa's Copper Coin. It might be Vereesa's, but with a misspelled name. Alternatively, Vareesa and Vereesa may be different people. In a non-canon RPG book, her name is misspelled as Vareesa too.
- Vereesa is voiced by Courtenay Taylor.
- She appears to hold a mutual animosity with the regent lord of Quel'Thalas, Lor'themar Theron, referring to him as a 'coward' before being chided for it by Halduron. Exactly where this stems from is unclear, considering Lor'themar himself has been generally tolerant of his high elven kin since the Sunwell was restored, perhaps implying a personal grudge between the two. Lor'themar's courier refers to Vereesa as an exile, which is correct - but her exile was self-imposed, as Vereesa relocated to Dalaran of her own accord. Her opposition of the Sunreavers' place in Dalaran, an endeavour that had Silvermoon's support, might have been what inspired Lor'themar to consider her barred from the kingdom. Ironically, the closest thing to personal interaction Vereesa and Lor'themar have had was mutually (and in Sylvanas's opinion, surprisingly) respectful and courteous.
- This is referenced in the marksmanship storyline in Legion, when Vereesa states to blood elf hunter players that it is difficult for her to ask the aid of a blood elf, as she believes that the blood elf leaders "turned their backs" on the sacrifices of the Windrunner family. This likely refers to their alliance with the orcs, who slew most of the Windrunners during the Second War; she specifically points this out to non-blood elf hunters of the Horde.
- Day of the Dragon, Chapter 2
- The Well of Eternity - But Sylvanas, she whom Rhonin’s wife had sought to emulate her entire life, had, as Ranger General, led the battle against the betrayer.
- Day of the Dragon, 66
- Day of the Dragon, 253
- The Well of Eternity, 16-17
- Manual of Monsters, 186
- Night of the Dragon, 155
- Night of the Dragon, 110, 113
- Night of the Dragon
- Tides of War
- Stormrage, 396
- Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- Quest:Rescue Mission
- Day of the Dragon - Like most humans, this one cared nothing for anyone but himself. It amazed her that the Alliance could have ever triumphed against the Horde with so many like this Rhonin in their ranks.
- War Crimes
- Night of the Dragon, 184
- Quest:Clandestine Operation
- Book: Tides of Darkness
- Book: Day of the Dragon
- Book: The Well of Eternity
- Book: The Sundering
- Book: Night of the Dragon
Leader of the Silver Covenant