|头衔||High Inquisitor of the Scarlet Crusade|
|身份||Chief Advisor to Highlord Mograine, Former High Inquisitor of the Scarlet Monastery|
|所在地||Crusader's Chapel, Scarlet Monastery|
|状态||Deceased, (his undead form was killable in World of Warcraft)|
|势力||The Scarlet Crusade|
High Inquisitor Fairbanks was the former High Inquisitor of the Scarlet Crusade. He used to be found in-game as a level 40 elite undead hidden in a secret chamber in the Cathedral of the Scarlet Monastery. His corpse is still located in the same chamber in the revamped Scarlet Monastery.
Fairbanks was tricked and led along with the Highlord by Mograine's son Renault to Stratholme where legions of the Scourge awaited them. Fairbanks was the first to fall, but did not die - he was trapped and hidden under the corpses of the undead. He bore silent witness to Renault's betrayal of his father, hearing Mograine's anguished cries as Ashbringer was plunged through his heart and fouling the blade. Kel'Thuzad later resurrected Mograine as a death knight.
He managed to survive and returned to Hearthglen where he told the tale of betrayal to anyone who would listen. Those who believed him broke away from the Crusade to found the Argent Dawn. Fairbanks was subsequently murdered by the remaining crusaders for his blasphemy as well as possibly showing symptoms of the plague. His body was discarded in a secret chamber in the Scarlet Cathedral.
Judging by his title, he was succeeded by High Inquisitor Whitemane.
World of Warcraft
Fairbanks can be found in a secret chamber in the Scarlet Monastery. It is accessible by using a torch on the wall in the right prayer room behind the altar in the Cathedral.
The following section was retconned by the comic and no longer refers to the current lore.
Entering the monastery with Corrupted Ashbringer equipped will trigger an event, whereby High Inquisitor Fairbanks is redeemed by the Highlord's ghost, freeing his spirit. Talking to him initiates an extensive dialogue with the player, which describes the history of the Ashbringer, and how to find the Highlord's other son in Outland, who can forge the blade anew. Despite popular belief, Fairbanks does not actually give a quest to create a new Ashbringer, or cleanse the Corrupted Ashbringer, or any quests for that matter.
Fairbanks can be seen during Old Hillsbrad Ashbringer event.
Mists of Pandaria
High Inquisitor Fairbanks' undead body can be found in the secret room of Scarlet Monastery. He is lying on the ground lifeless. Perhaps, he may have found peace after the heroes collected his bounty from Dominic.
- 16x16px Curse of Blood — Increases the Physical damage taken by an enemy by 1 for 20 sec.
- 16x16px Dispel Magic — Dispels magic on the target, removing 1 harmful spell from an ally or 1 beneficial spell from an enemy.
- 16x16px Fear — Strikes fear in an enemy, causing it to flee in terror for 6 sec. Only 1 target can be feared at a time.
- 16x16px Heal — Calls upon Holy magic to heal an ally.
- Power Word: Shield — Wraps the caster in a shield that lasts up to 30 sec., absorbing a maximum of 801 Physical or magical damage. While the shield holds, spells will not be interrupted by Physical attacks.
- 16x16px Sleep — Puts nearby enemies to sleep for up to 6 sec. Any damage caused will awaken them.
- Fairbanks is turned from a zombie into a ghost seemingly free from the Lich King. Contrary to popular belief, he is not cured of undeath and does not become alive again. This only occurs during the Corrupted Ashbringer/Scarlet Monastery Event at Scarlet Monastery, in its Cathedral when a player enters with Corrupted Ashbringer.
- Despite most dungeon loot being upped to rare quality in patch 1.10, Fairbanks remained one of the few encounters that dropped entirely uncommon quality loot until patch 3.3.0.
- High Inquisitor Fairbanks.jpg
Fairbanks in the Scarlet Monastary
Fairbanks as a purified ghost.
Fairbanks in Old Hillsbrad Foothills
The Grand Inquisitor
Fairbanks in the Caverns of Time
High Inquisitor of the Scarlet Crusade
High Inquisitor Whitemane