|身份||Leader of the Alliance remnants|
|势力||Alliance Remnants, Garithos' Enforcers, Garithos' Elite Guard, Kingdom of Lordaeron, Detheroc's Forces (unwillingly)|
By the time of the Third War, Garithos has risen to the rank of Grand Marshal, promoted not necessarily due to his own abilities, but his father's reputation and title. He was the highest-ranking survivor of Lordaeron's military after the Scourge's rampage across Lordaeron, and he recruited what forces he could muster from both volunteers and conscripted civilians. Officials from neighboring non-human states such as Ironforge sent him aid, recognizing him as potentially the last remnant of Lordaeron's government, and certainly the strongest warlord in the area. 到了[第三次战争]的时候，加里托斯已经晋升为元帅，晋升可能是由于他父亲的名誉和头衔，而非他自己的能力。他是洛丹伦军队中最高级别的幸存者，在[天灾军团]横扫洛丹伦之后，他从志愿者和征兵平民中招募了他能召集的力量。来自邻近非人类国家的官员，如铁炉堡向他提供了援助，承认他可能是洛丹伦政府的最后残余，也是该地区最强大的军阀。 血精灵中最健康的那部分也加入了他的军队，由被摧毁的奎尔萨拉斯王子凯尔萨斯逐日者领导。 加里瑟斯不乐意和精灵共事 or dwarves, 相信联盟的使命应该是保护人类高于一切 联盟一开始就不应该接受精灵
Garithos, though furious, turned his attention back to the advancing undead. He pushed them back into Plaguelands, but was soon faced with the dreadlords, Detheroc and Balnazzar. Detheroc's powers of mental domination allowed him to enslave Garithos and his men. The humans served Detheroc and Balnazzar for some time until they were attacked by Sylvanas and Varimathras. Sylvanas slew Detheroc, and Garithos was freed from his bondage.
Garithos was suspicious of Sylvanas, but she explained that she was no longer a member of the Scourge. She offered to help Garithos and his men reclaim their lands in exchange for their assistance in defeating the final dreadlord, Balnazzar, who remained in control of Lordaeron's Capital City. Garithos accepted the banshee's terms - but she had no intention of keeping her word.
Seven of Garithos' advisors (including Kristoff) warned Garithos against allying with the rebel undead, but Garithos would not change his mind. Fearing the undead would betray the Alliance, Kristoff left for greener pastures.
Assault on the Capital City
As Garithos and Sylvanas met to plan their attack on the Capital City, Varimathras pointed out that it was heavily defended. Balnazzar controlled a sizable undead army, and the battle could be won only through attrition.
Sylvanas chose to launch a two-pronged attack on the capital: her forces would make a front assault while Garithos' forces attacked the city from the rear.
The Missing Dwarves
As the battle commenced, Garithos received word that his dwarven reinforcements had become lost in the wilderness. Though he feared they were more trouble than they were worth, Garithos recognized that he would need them on the front lines (as none of his other troops had long-range weaponry or siege equipment). Garithos quickly left to find the dwarves and bring them back to his base.
The combined forces of the Alliance and the rebel undead succeeded in dispatching Balnazzar's forces and taking control of the city. With Balnazzar defeated, Garithos watched as Sylvanas ordered Varimathras to execute him. Despite their laws, which forbade one nathrezim from killing another, Varimathras did so.
Garithos was lightly amused, but quickly changed his mood and ordered the duo to leave his city. Instead, Sylvanas ordered Varimathras to kill Garithos as well. Varimathras happily complied and killed Garithos, who was cannibalized by ghouls moments later.
In the RPG
Garithos was the leader of the New Alliance, a non-canon term for the remnants of the Alliance forces.
- "Legacy of the Damned: A New Power in Lordaeron", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐. Footman: "Lord Garithos, our scouts have found the missing band of dwarves! They appear to be lost in the wilderness nearby".
- Ultimate Visual Guide
- Cycle of Hatred
- "Legacy of the Damned: Dreadlord's Fall", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐. Varimathras: "Detheroc used his telepathy to enslave a top-ranking human warlord. I believe his name was Garabon or Gilithos or something. Human names all sound the same to me".
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: A Dark Covenant", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐. Emissary: "Greetings, Prince Kael. I bring word from Grand Marshal Garithos".
- Ask CDev - Round 3
- The Warcraft Encyclopedia/Blood Elves
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: A Dark Covenant", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: A New Power in Lordaeron", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: King Arthas", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: Misconceptions", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Terror of the Tides: Shards of the Alliance", Warcraft III: 冰封王座. 暴雪娱乐.
- Blizzard lore posts "... The remaining Elves were placed under the command of a man named Garithos, who was grossly intolerant of other races and drove the Elves into near-suicidal situations in the hopes they would no longer be his problem."
- Ultimate Visual Guide, pg 146
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: The Dungeons of Dalaran", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Curse of the Blood Elves: The Crossing", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.
- "Legacy of the Damned: Dreadlord's Fall", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. 暴雪娱乐.