Twilight Father, Twilight Prophet
|身份||The "Twilight Prophet", formerly Leader of the Church of Light|
|状态||Deceased (lore); Killable (WoW)|
|势力||Twilight's Hammer ( Old Gods' forces )|
|前势力||Church of the Light, Stormwind, Alliance|
事情发生在英雄纪念日的时候, 瓦里安会见了大主教本尼迪塔斯和巴隆斯·阿历克斯顿,他们正在讨论暴风城在黑龙死亡之翼袭击后的修复工作 。巴隆斯提到了大规模翻修的开销不会少，令瓦里安很是恼火。随后瓦里安和本尼迪塔斯以及吉安娜·普罗德摩尔出去聊了聊他儿子的问题。瓦里安对安度因很是担心，生怕安度因没有能力领导王国，特别是正值这样的非常年代。 但吉安娜和本尼迪塔斯都确信，安度因会作为一个治疗者，用圣光之力面对这个世界。 本尼迪塔斯指出，时代变了，他们也该如此。现在已经越来越没必要再走洛萨的老路了。这个世界正期待着新鲜血液。本尼迪塔斯向瓦里安提出，要在一个特别的地点给他献上一份特别的礼物（他也对安度因这样说了）。临别前，他还向瓦里安保证，安度因会具有每一个乌瑞恩国王都应有优秀的品质。
瓦里安随后来到了本尼迪塔斯约定的地点，暴风城公墓区的蒂芬之墓。但在那里他见到的不止是本尼迪塔斯，还有他的儿子安度因 。兴奋顿时烟消云散，安度因的表情看起来也并没有期待他来。瓦里安质问本尼迪塔斯，这就是他所谓的礼物，一次出人意料的家庭聚会？但本尼迪塔斯说他还有一件礼物，言毕他拿出了一把闪耀的银钥匙放到瓦里安手心——遗失多年的蒂芬挂坠的钥匙。 瓦里安称赞了本尼迪塔斯一番，而后者则让他们重温温馨的家庭记忆，在一番奇怪的道别后，走了。 美好时光很快就被一群暮光之锤的刺客打断了，显然是要他们两个死。安度因在战斗中用圣光协助父亲战斗他们两个成功击败了刺客。但最后一人在死前成功召唤出了一只强大的龙人 ，瓦里安在龙人的攻势下奄奄一息。安度因反制了龙人的防御，并为瓦里安施加了屏障，瓦里安的最后一搏杀死了龙人。 他告诉安度因，他爱他，并感到骄傲，不要为他哀悼，这是他的命。赶来的马库斯·乔纳森和吉安娜百般劝阻，让他去个安全点的地方，可安度因就是不愿离开父亲。他最终念出了一段祷言，圣光灌注到瓦里安体内，拯救了他。
The Twilight Father's legacy would continue, for Farthing himself would succeed Benedictus as leader of the Twilight's Hammer some time later, known now as Twilight Deacon Farthing.
In the RPG
The current archbishop is a middle-aged man named Jarl, though following Church tradition he gave up his birth name when he was elected to this high position, and adopted a new, holy name.
In his youth, he was the younger son of a wealthy Lordaeron merchant, and was raised to join the family business. He found religion instead, discovering the Holy Light after meeting an old traveler one night and almost dying when a pack of mercenaries attacked them both. After recovering, Jarl petitioned to join the Church, and was accepted immediately. The kindly Jarl was the student of Lordaeron's religious leader, Archbishop Alonsus Faol. Jarl spent many years learning from his pious master. He rose quickly to the rank of senior priest, and had charge of a large town in Lordaeron when the Scourge appeared. Jarl did his best to evacuate his parishioners and then joined them in their flight to Azeroth. The Church settled him in a town there, but soon promoted him to Stormwind City instead. While there, he helped the Church of Light construct its most striking monument: the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind. He was being considered for promotion to bishop when Archbishop Faol died, and the council chose to elevate him to archbishop instead. The newly named Benedictus took charge of the Church and swore to continue the good work his mentor had begun so many years before.
Benedictus is a soft-spoken man of average height and stocky build who looks more like a farmer than a religious leader. He still hates the Scourge for destroying his homeland, and has vowed to direct the Church in destroying that threat forever. Despite his quiet ways, Jarl is surprisingly adept at politics — at least in avoiding confrontation and forming alliances — and he has managed to keep the three bishops in check since his elevation.
- Sacrilege! Defend the cathedral!
- Light be with you. What can I do for you today?
- Welcome to the Cathedral of Light.
- Be at peace.
- You are welcome here.
- "Benedictus" (or "Benedict") is a latin name that has been the regnal name of sixteen popes of the Catholic Church, including Pope Benedict XVI. Given that Archbishop Benedictus' position as head of the Church of Light is similar to that of a pope, it is possible that the Archbishop's name was influenced by the traditional latin name. However, Archbishop Benedictus was created when John Paul II was the pope, long before the reign of Benedictus XVI and so he could not have been named after the former pope.
- Due to technical issues with Bolvar, Benedictus was considered faction leader for Stormwind during patch 1.4.1 for PvP purposes. The patch notes stated that he had "staged a temporary coup."
- During the Cataclysm beta, datamined soundfiles began to circulate the internet regarding Benedictus. In a scripted event with King Varian Wrynn, he would be outed as a member of the Twilight Cult and chased out of Stormwind. The event itself took place during the Alliance version of the Twilight Highlands pre-quests, and Benedictus himself would be engaged in place of Major Samuelson. However, this event was never actually implemented in-game; his involvement with the Twilight's Hammer was not officially revealed until Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, and was not reference in-game until the Hour of Twilight dungeon.
- Benedictus is briefly mentioned in the novel Wolfheart. When瓦里安·乌瑞恩learns that 他的儿子 would like to study of the Light with the draenei 维伦, he suggests that instead Benedictus can be Anduin's tutor. However, Anduin declines, saying that the Archbishop's teachings wasn't right for him, and that he felt Velen's were.
- Chalice of Benedictus is named after him.
- As he was a faction leader of Stormwind for a time in Warcraft history, 本尼迪塔斯, 泰兰德, 希尔瓦娜斯, 茉艾拉 and 贝恩 are the only faction leaders that can be killed by their own faction. However, Benedictus is the only faction leader who is actually killed in the present day.
- The priests and bishops of the Church of Light has yet to find out Benedictus' true nature, when they do it's a matter of who will replace him.
- Blizzard originally wanted more story hooks during the three Dragon Soul dungeons to really highlight Benedictus' betrayal. Unfortunately, they didn't have the time to build his character out as much as they had hoped.
死亡之翼来到暴风城后毁掉了公园就走了，他为什么这样做留下了许多推测。有一种说法认为死亡之翼来到暴风城其实是为了招募爪牙。在暮光审判结束时,大主教本尼迪塔斯的遗言是“我看见巨龙的眼睛里，只有绝望…” 死亡之翼展示他的力量也许令许多暴风城人加入他，包括大主教。因为死亡之翼需要仆从和奴隶帮助他征服艾泽拉斯，所以他选择了让大主教本尼迪塔斯背叛联盟，从萨尔手中夺取恶魔之魂。或许把暴风城的人杀光只会对他的计划产生负面影响。 既然我们不知道他是什么时候加入暮光之锤的，这种说法完全讲得通。
Archbishop Benedictus before the Cataclysm.
Benedictus in the comics.
- Archbishop Benedictus TCG.jpg
Benedictus in the TCG.
Benedictus while he still led the Church of Light.
- 补丁 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Removed from Stormwind Cathedral; now a boss in the Hour of Twilight.
- 补丁 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now has a new wardrobe, greater HP, and is once again a level ?? boss.
- 补丁 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Level changed from ?? boss to 60 elite.
- 补丁 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Updated for level 70.
- 补丁 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Archbishop Benedictus is no longer the Stormwind faction leader.
- 补丁 1.4.1 (2005-05-05): Archbishop Benedictus staged a temporary coup, and has taken the title of NPC leader of Stormwind City from Highlord Bolvar! Horde seeking to take out the leader of Stormwind should focus their efforts on Archbishop Benedictus for the duration. These changes will remain until the next content patch, when Highlord Bolvar reclaims his rightful throne:
- Archbishop Benedictus should be respawning every 2 hours.
- Archbishop Benedictus will give 15,000 contribution points.
- Quest:The Twilight Prophet
- World of Warcraft manual, pg 170
- Beginnings and Ends
- The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
- Blood of Our Fathers
- Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
- Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 153-4
- Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 154
- Sept 14 Hotfixes, Zone Previews, EU Community Q&A, Blue Posts, D3 Poll, TCG Art