| 本文或本段落需要清理以符合版权要求。 |
*Reason: This article quotes extensively from the Warcraft RPG books.
|阵营||Alliance, Kirin Tor, Independent|
|角色职业||Assassin, Mage, Healer, Druid, Fighter, Savagekin, Priest, Warrior, Sorcerer, Scout, Rogue (RPG); Paladin (WoW); Archer (WC3)|
|坐骑||Horse, Hawkstrider, Elven horse, Saber|
|平均身高||4'7" - 5'11" (male), 4'5" - 5'9" (female)|
Half-elf is a term used to describe the offspring of an elven or half-elven parent and a parent of any other species (such as a human). Most half-elves are the hybrid offspring of both a human and a high elf.
- 1 Known half-elves 已知的半精灵
- 2 In World of Warcraft 在魔兽世界中
- 3 In the RPG 在游戏中
- 4 Half-elven sayings
- 5 Speculation
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Known half-elves 已知的半精灵
- Alodi - The first Guardian.
- 阿洛黛 - 初代守护者
- Arator the Redeemer - The half-elven son of Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner; has been added to the game with the Burning Crusade expansion. He is currently the only known half-elf in World of Warcraft.
- 救赎者阿拉托尔 - 图拉杨与奥蕾莉亚·风行者的半精灵儿子，于【燃烧的远征】资料片中加入。
- Galadin and Giramar - the twin sons of Rhonin and Vereesa Windrunner. According to their mother, no one had ever recorded a successful human-elven birth.
- 格拉丁和吉拉马尔 - 罗宁与温蕾莎·风行者的双胞胎儿子。 他们的母亲是有史以来第一个成功生下半精灵的女性精灵。
- "half-elven" appearances
- Kalec - The half-elven form of the blue dragon Kalecgos. This form has dark blue hair, making him appear distinct from normal half-elves.
- 卡雷 - 蓝龙卡雷苟斯的半精灵化身形态。这个化身有着深蓝色的头发，使得他和一般的半精灵比起来显得很独特。
In World of Warcraft 在魔兽世界中
In the game the only known half-elf, "Arator" is a reuse of the blood elf model, and then updated to using a high elf texture in patch 3.3.3. Kalec's half-elf form is a unique blue-haired human model.
In the RPG 在游戏中
There are other races that are half-elven, but they usually referred to by other terms. Most half-elves are the hybrid offspring of a human and a half-elf, or of two half-elf parents (a half-elf of high elf and half-elf descent is unlikely due to high elven prejudice). They usually have a combination of physical characteristics from both sides, and can be recognized as half-elves on sight.
Humans and high elves can produce offspring, and the product of such a union is a half-elf. High elves are not prolific, especially after Quel'Thalas' destruction, and they do not look favorably upon those who couple with other races. As such, half-elves are rare. History reveals certain prejudices against half-elves. Humans are jealous of half-elves' extended life spans. Night elves are suspicious of their high elven heritage. High elves see them as proof of their race's weakening blood. In recent years this bias has waned - wars and strife show how petty such prejudices are. In large cities, which consider themselves enlightened, half-elves find little of the historic discrimination. Still, many individuals, particularly high elves, remain scornful of half-elves and may or may not attempt to hide their feelings. Tensions with the Horde and other forces strain relationships among all races, and some allow this stress to manifest itself in anger against anything different from themselves.
They push themselves to excel in whatever their chosen field, whether to hope that success will help them fit in or to spite those who consider them inferior. You will not find a more dedicated priest, a more loyal fighter, or a more studious mage than a half-elf. That a half-elf will ever serve in high position in the Alliance is virtually impossible, but their desire for acceptance nonetheless drives many to volunteer whenever the Alliance has a need. They always face the chance that great heroism may give them the acceptance they have wanted all their lives.
Half-elves are members of the Alliance. Half-elves’ heritage places them in the Alliance at both ends, and many served in the First, Second and Third Wars. Half-elves socialize with humans more than with high elves, as the former are generally more accepting — and easier to find. In their wanderings and search for self, some half-elves join the Horde or become independent. They sometimes find a home within the towns of the Horde, although the culture is so different from elf or human culture that it seldom offers a comfortable fit for long. Their high elf heritage grants half-elves a natural talent with magic-related skills. However, a half-elf does not enjoy a full high elven legacy that would otherwise bestow strong arcane abilities (and the corresponding addiction); however, a half-elves blood does carry enough mystical heritage to offer some resistance to magic. They have limited arcane ability, drawing upon their high elf heritage, they can cast a few spells.
半精灵是联盟的成员。高等精灵的背景使得他们只得加入联盟，许多人曾在第一次，第二次及第三次战争中为联盟而战。比起他们的精灵同胞，半精灵与人类社会融入更深，因人类对他们更包容----而且远比高等精灵更多见。在他们寻找自我认同的过程中，有些半精灵加入了部落----或是独身一人。他们有时能在部落的城镇中找到栖身之所-----即便文化与人类和精灵相去甚远，往往也并非久居之处。 他们的高等精灵血统赋予了他们天生的魔法亲和力。 但是，半精灵并非完全继承了高等精灵被赋予的强大奥术天赋（同时也没有随之的魔瘾），流淌着的半精灵血液也没有承载神秘的奥术抗性遗赠。他们有奥术天赋但比较有限，出于他们的高等精灵传承，他们能够施放一些法术。
Physical appearance 外形
Half-elves have much the same build as slight humans, or heavy high elves. They are more heavily built than purebred high elves. Like their high elf parents, they tend to have fair skin and hair and brilliantly colored eyes, usually blue or green. Though lacking their elven parents' longevity, half-elves still enjoy a long life span, reaching maturity at 20 years of age and living for two or three centuries on average.
At one time half-elves were barely accepted by the Alliance but are still dedicated to the Alliance cause. They were not fully accepted as they did not fit in with either their human or high elf societies, or even night elves (who were suspicious of their high elven ancestry), and were viewed with prejudice by both of their parent races. While they were dedicated to helping the Alliance they also held the dream of settling their own nation and asked for help from the Alliance. Others felt like taking things into their own hands and left the alliance lands setting up settlements with or without support from their allies.
However, views have been changing in recent years and they are slowly being accepted by both of their parent races according to the Alliance Player's Guide, as wars and strife have proven how petty such prejudice is. They are also said to be proud of their heritage, and name, though they tend to be fairly humble in nature. In many enlightened cities, half-elves find little of the historic discrimination.
Most humans have finally accepted them into society. Because humans are more easily accepting of them, they tend to socialize more with them. However, some prejudice still exists, especially from many high elves who are scornful of them and may or may not attempt to hide such feelings.
Half elves generally tend to avoid prejudice by rather blending in to large cities or wandering.
Many half-elves currently live in Theramore, having moved there during the Third War. Stormwind has the largest population of half-elves anywhere in the world. Few still live in Alliance settlements in Lordaeron. A few wander the Ghostlands of Quel'Thalas, learning what they can of their fallen legacy. Many become scouts just so they can spend long periods of time away from other people. Many choose to establish themselves in major cities, where prejudice is not as large a problem as it is in backwater villages. Some have become independent, and a few have joined the Horde.
Like their parents on both sides, half-elves revere the Holy Light. Half-elves are particularly fond of the philosophy, as it links them inextricably with both their human and elf parents. They consider the Light as a way of having an identity that they may otherwise lack. Some half-elves choose to follow their elf parents in faith. Half-elves who choose druidism become savagekin.
Half-elves follow the naming practices of the culture into which they were born. Many take human first names and elven family names.
- Male Names: Gaimus, Zorias, Mendell, Barrim.
- Female Names: Adelle, Meerith, Illin, Shereen.
- Family Names: Goldleaf, Stormdancer, Swiftwright, Sunbow.
Other types of half-elves
While most half-elves are half-elves of human descent, there are other types of half-elves.
- Half-night elves (a.k.a. half-kaldorei) - Half-elves born of human-night elf unions.[请求来源]
- Half-blood elves - Born of blood elf-human unions.
- In Manual of Monsters Appendix Three Forlarren was a creature of night elf decendance, however, the validity of the source is disputed.
Of these races, few, if any, exist. Due to the recent rediscovery of Kalimdor, most half-night elves would be either still in infancy or very young children. Though there is only one known adult "half-kaldorei", Feulia.
- Finnall Goldensword - The presumed daughter of Daelin Proudmoore and Kilnar Goldensword.
- Borivar - A half-elf wraith.
- Ielephia - A half-elf banshee.
- Magistrate Randalvarr - Magistrate of Valgarde in Northrend.
- Apothecary Oni'jus - A Forsaken half-elf and second in command of the Royal Apothecary Society.
- Silverwolf elf - A half-elf in legend.
- Starfeller - A half-elf in legend.
At the point in time that the Warcraft RPG books take place, the half-elves of human-high elven descent number in the thousands.
- Feulia - a half-elf of night-elf and, possibly, human descent.
- “Life is too long to hold a grudge and too short to forget an injustice.”
- “Never mistake foolishness for passion.”
- “It is not hard to find one’s purpose in the world. Liking it, however, is next to impossible.”
- “Elves grow arrogance like a forest, while humans dine on the dust and stench of their cities.”[请求来源]
- As most high elves who resided outside of Quel'Thalas did so in the human city of Dalaran as part of the Kirin Tor, it is likely that many half elves came from there. An example of this is Vereesa Windrunner and Rhonin who have two children.
- Although there are no recorded half elves of blood elf parentage it is possible that some high elven parents of half elves later went on to become blood elves.
- It would be difficult to say if there would be any difference between a half elf of blood elf parentage compared to one coming from high elf parentage (with a possible exception if the blood elf was a Wretched).
- Kalec halfelf.jpg
Kalec in half-elf form.
- Arator the redeemer.jpg
- Knaak, Richard A.. "Two", 《The Well of Eternity》, 30 (ebook). ISBN 978-0-7434-8902-7.
- White Wolf. 《Alliance Player's Guide》, 133. ISBN 9781588467737.
- White Wolf. 《Alliance Player's Guide》, 11. ISBN 9781588467737.
- Arthaus. 《Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game》, 180. ISBN 9781588460714.
- White Wolf. 《Alliance Player's Guide》, 12. ISBN 9781588467737.
- Arthaus. 《Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game》, 48. ISBN 9781588460714.
- White Wolf. 《Alliance Player's Guide》, 38. ISBN 9781588467737.
- White Wolf. 《Alliance Player's Guide》, 11-12. ISBN 9781588467737.
- Alliance Player's Guide, p11 & p132.