As a green dragon tied to the Idol of Remulos, Eranikus made an appearance battling against Broll and Lo'Gosh who were trying to obtain the idol from the Thistlefur furbolgs. During the battle, Lo'Gosh had to distract Eranikus as Broll entered the Emerald Dream where he regained his druid's powers and cleansed the idol. When Broll returned, Eranikus disappeared.
After being freed of the corruption of the Emerald Nightmare, Eranikus flew back to the Emerald Dream. However, when he felt the Nightmare calling to him again, he fled back to Azeroth for fear that he would again be corrupted. He hid in Ashenvale for many years until he was found by Lucan Foxblood, Tyrande Whisperwind, and Broll Bearmantle, who convinced him to transport them to Bough Shadow. There, they were attacked by Lethon, Emeriss and shadowy satyrs. The two dragons tried to corrupt him once again, but Alexstrasza came and the dragons were forced to leave. Though initially unwilling to help for fear of being corrupted again, he was eventually convinced to return to the Dream when Alexstrasza informed him that Ysera knew and understood why he turned back, and reassured him that she had not yet been taken by the Nightmare.
During the course of the War Against the Nightmare Ysera was captured, but when Eranikus learned she was still fighting against the corruption he went immediately to rescue her. As Malfurion aided in penetrating the barriers of her prison, Lethon appeared and attempted to corrupt Eranikus once more. As Eranikus's body was warped and twisted by the energies of the Nightmare, Lethon preached about a future where the walls of the Emerald Dream would break down, and the dragons of Nightmare would fly Azeroth's skies unimpeded. Unwilling to let that happen, Eranikus shifted them both into the unstable boundary between the Emerald Dream and Azeroth. Though Lethon tried desperately to draw upon the Nightmare's power, the chaotic energies between the two worlds tore him apart, unleashing the Nightmare's power in a fiery maelstrom. Eranikus made no attempt to avoid it, and was consumed.
Quotes from the trapped Eranikus
- I sense my grip on the Dream twisting into chaos.
- Will the nightmare ever end?! I cannot force myself awake!
- My soul is not a trinket! Mortal, you must release me from these chains!
- My eyes! It burns... it burns...
- Torture me no more! Release me, mortal! The Swamp of Sorrows... mortal... please...
- Foolish mortal, I will rend your soul in two once I am released!
- Foolish mortals you do not yet see the potential of that Artifact.
- You are an agent of their wicked god, fool. I will see you destroyed!
- It hurts so much... Itharius, my old friend... Please help me...
Transcript of Eranikus' redemption.
- Remulos说： We will locate the origin of the Nightmare through the fragments you collected, <name>. From there, we will pull Eranikus through a rift in the Dream. Steel yourself, <class>. We are inviting the embodiment of the Nightmare into our world.
- Remulos说： To Nighthaven! Keep your army close, champion.
- Remulos说： The rift will be opened there, above the Lake Elun'ara. Prepare yourself, <name>. Eranikus's entry into our world will be wrought with chaos and strife.
- Remulos说： He will stop at nothing to get to Malfurion's physical manifistation. That must not happen...We must keep the beast occupied long enough for Tyrande to arrive.
- Remulos说： Defend Nightaven, hero...
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream, has entered our world.
- Eranikus喊道： Pitful predictable mortals...You know not what you have done! The master's will fulfilled. The Moonglade shall be destroyed and Malfurion along with it!
- Remulos喊道： Fiend! Face the might of Cenarius!
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream lets loose a sinister laugh.
- Eranikus喊道： You are certanly not your father, insect. Should it interest me, I would crush you with but a swipe of my claws. Turn Shan'do Stormrage over to me and your pitiful life will be spared along with the lives of your people.
- Remulos喊道： Who is the predictable one, beast? Surely you did not think that we would summon you on top of Malfurion? Your redemption comes, Eranikus. You will be cleansed of this madness — this corruption.
- Eranikus喊道： My redemption? You are bold, little one. My redemption comes by the will of my god.
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream roars furiously.
- Remulos说： Hurry! We must find protective cover!
- Remulos说： Please, champion, protect our people.
- Eranikus喊道： Rise, servants of the Nightmare! Rise and destroy this world! Let there be no survivors...
- Remulos喊道： We will battle these fiends, together! Nighthaven's Defenders are also among us. They will fight to the death if asked. Now, quickly, we must drive these aberrations back to the Nightmare. Destroy them all!
- Eranikus喊道： Where is your savior? How long can you hold out against my attacks?
- Eranikus喊道： Defeated my minions? Then face me, mortals!
- Eranikus喊道： Remulos, look how easy they fall before me? You can stop this, fool. Turn the druid over to me and it will all be over...
- Tyrande喊道： Elune, hear my prayers. Grant us serenity! Watch over our fallen...
- Tyrande喊道： Tend to the injuries of the wounded, sisters!
- Tyrande喊道： You will be forgiven, Eranikus. Elune will always love you. Break free of the bonds that command you!
- Tyrande喊道： The grasp of the Old Gods is unmoving. He is consumed by their dark thoughts...I...I...I cannot...cannot channel much longer...Elune aid me.
- Eranikus喊道： IT BURNS! THE PAIN.. SEARING...
- Eranikus喊道： WHY? Why did this happen to...to me? Where were you Tyrande? Where were you when I fell from the grace of Elune?
- Eranikus喊道： I... I feel... I feel the touch of Elune upon my being once more...She smiles upon me...Yes...I...
- Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream is wholly consumed by the Light of Elune. Tranquility sets in over the Moonglade.
- Tyrande falls to one knee.
- Tyrande说： Praise be to Elune...Eranikus is redeemed.
- Eranikus说： For so long, I was lost...The Nightmare's corruption had consumed me...And now, you...all of you...you have saved me. Released me from its grasp.
- Eranikus说： But... Malfurion, Cenarius, Ysera...They still fight. They need me. I must return to the Dream at once.
- Eranikus说： My lady, I am unworthy of your prayer. Truly, you are an angel of light. Please, assist me in returning to the barrow den so that I may return to the Dream. I, like Malfurion, also have a love awaiting me...I must return to her...to protect her...
- Eranikus说： And heroes...I hold that which you seek. May it once more see the evil dissolved. Remulos, see to it that our champion receives the shard of the Green Flight.
- Remulos说： It will be done, Eranikus. Be well, ancient one.
- While Itharius refers to him as brother, while Eranikus called him old friend. Itharius is not listed as part of Ysera's family in the Ultimate Visual Guide so they are probably not literal brothers.
|Shade of Eranikus||Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream||Eranikus the Redeemed|