|身份||Leader of the Sunwalkers, Champion of the Silver Hand|
|势力||部落, Thunder Bluff, Sunwalkers, 白银之手骑士团|
Aponi Brightmane is a tauren paladin and the founder and leader of the Sunwalkers. In Legion she joins the player as a follower of the Knights of the Silver Hand in its final stand against the Burning Legion.
Wrath of the Lich King
Initially a warrior of the tauren tribes, Aponi Brightmane was sent to Icecrown during the War against the Lich King. There she sustained a grave injury that rendered her unfit for combat and was sent back home to Thunder Bluff, much to her disappointment as she truly wanted to help her people and the Horde during the war. It was during this time that she and her friend Tahu Sagewind started to ponder upon the nature of the Earthmother and how taurens have been druids since the start of time. However all they know about druidism is from the teachings of the night elves, which are creatures of the night. The other eye of the Earthmother An'she - the sun - was however completely forgotten. As Tahu realized this he pondered what could happen should taurens start to harness the power of the sun granted by the second eye of the Earthmother. It was this small realization what sets in motion the genesis of the Tauren priests and paladin order. Tahu ended up abandoning his druidic path and became the first tauren priest, while Aponi abandons her warrior ways and became the first tauren paladin, in an order now known as the Sunwalkers.
After the Cataclysm, Aponi became a paladin trainer and instructs young tauren sunwalkers.
After the disaster at the Broken Shore, Aponi Brightmane convened with the leaders of Azeroth's other paladin orders in Dalaran, such as Maxwell Tyrosus. At Light's Hope Chapel the paladin Order Hall was created and with the signing of the Libram of Ancient Kings a new champion was chosen to lead the Order of the Silver Hand into battle against the Burning Legion.
Aponi Brightmane later urged to close the demon portal at Felblaze Ingress in Azsuna. Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker then reported that he's received no word from Aponi Brightmane, Delas Moonfang and Arator the Redeemer - whom joined her in her mission - since their departure. Fearing the worst, the champion traveled to Azsuna to locate her only to find her libram. It was lacking several pages of story, making it hard to find out what fate befell them. After defeating the commander of the forces defending the portal in Felblaze Ingress, in a daring leap of faith it becomes clear the demon fortress of Niskara lays behind the portal. Here, Aponi Brightmane is trapped in a cage.
Aponi discovers that the Burning Legion is planning to launch a full-scale assault on Netherlight Temple in which supposedly the Prophet Velen is to be ended. In Niskara, they also discover Lothraxion, High Commander of the Grand Army of the Light, whom was held prisoner at Niskara by Balnazzar.
|Sanctum of Light||100||5,047,846|
- Quest:Follow the Sun
- Quest:Seek Out Master Pyreanor
- Quest:Meet with Master Pyreanor
- Quest:Meet with Sunwalker Atohmo
- Quest:Meeting of the Silver Hand
- Quest:Crossing Legion Lines
The light of the Sun illuminates the path to wisdom. Where shall we walk today, friend?
Wrath of the Lich King
This is awful! I shouldn't be sitting here, useless, when there's so much to be done! If only my arm hadn't gotten injured up in Northrend... No use dwelling on it, though! Tahu will have me patched up and cured eventually, and we'll still help around here in the meanwhile.
Just because we're not at the front doesn't mean we can't help out somehow.
- Conversation between Tahu Sagewind and Aponi Brightmane during Wrath of the Lich King
- Aponi Brightmane 说： Talk to me, Tahu. Something. Anything! I'm going stir-crazy.
- Tahu Sagewind laughs softly
- Tahu Sagewind 说： All right, Aponi. I've enough on my mind to share. Have you ever spoken to the elves of Moonglade?
- Aponi Brightmane 说： Not much.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： The elves speak of a moon goddess, did you know? They put great stock in the light given by the moon.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： Like Mu'sha.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： Just like her. The parallels I've heard are interesting. And it's no secret all druids, Shu'halo and elf alike, can call upon Mu'sha's light.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： Where are you going with this?
- Tahu Sagewind 说： I wonder. Hamuul has guided us well, and I've learned so much from. The legends say that our people were druids when time began...
- Aponi Brightmane 说： I hear the "but" in your voice...
- Tahu Sagewind 说： ...but what Hamuul teaches is what the elves know. The night elves. They put such stock in their moon goddess, as creatures of the night.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： Do you think his teachings are wrong?
- Tahu Sagewind 说： No! No, nothing like that. He is an elder for good reason, sister. Mu'sha is one of the Earthmother's eyes, and she watches over us. That isn't sinister.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： But we're nothing if not people who strive for balance. Our warriors fight only when there is need. Our hunters take only what the tribes require to live, and use all they can when they do. The shaman stand as guide and mediator to the elemental spirits.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： And while we, as druids, are guardians of nature, I wonder if we've overlooked a key aspect of balance in all things.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： So are you going to bring this up to the elder?
- Tahu Sagewind 说： No, no. No need for him to trouble about a student's idle philosophizing while he entertains a friend.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： I suppose so. It's not silly, though, what you said.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： Well, it isn't exactly a new thought, sister.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： I see that thoughtful frown, Tahu.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： Sorry, sister. It's nothing to worry about.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： But something is on your mind, right?
- Tahu Sagewind 说： I'm thinking about the front to the north. The one you're so eager to return to.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： What about it?
- Tahu Sagewind 说： I know I'm counseling patience, Aponi, but I don't like remaining here any more than you do. Times are bleak, and failing to act only makes me worry that my idle hand may have been the one to turn the tide.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： Still... there is balance in all things, even death. I simply hate the concept that such destruction and darkness might be necessary.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： There's a phrase... "It's always darkest before the dawn." The dawn will come, though, Tahu. the sun will rise. The balance will shift back to where it should be.
- Aponi Brightmane smiles and gestures to the north.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： Even on the glacier itself, the sun manages to peek through the gloom. I have hope, Tahu. I think we'll make it through this, no matter how dire it looks.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： But I'd rather still be there on the front lines helping it happen rather than trying to placate myself with belief. We can't just sit around and hope it happens.
- Tahu Sagewind 说： I know, sister. I know. We'll return to fighting one day. For now, though, maybe it's best to spread the word to others... give them the hope you have.
- Aponi Brightmane 说： And through that hope, strengthen our side in the fight?
- Tahu Sagewind 说： That's the idea.
- It is an honor to fight by your side, and with your permission, I would like to continue fighting for the Order of the Silver Hand.
- It is always darkest just before the dawn.
- Warm greetings to you.
- Good day.
- Bask in the glory of the day.
- Bless your heart.
- Hmm. You might be shining a little too... brightly.
- The ancestors would not approve of this.
- An'she's worth guide you.
- Peace and patience be with you.
- Ancestors protect you.
- Walk always in the light of the sun.
- Aponi is one of the two Horde-affiliated paladin leaders, the other being Lady Liadrin, matriarch and supreme leader of the Blood Knight order. Interestingly, during the pre-Cataclysm launch event, Aponi was seen wearing the tier 9 Horde paladin gear, bearing Liadrin's namesake.
- Her first name could be a reference to the repeated player "complaints" about class changes that Blizzard employees have to deal with, even prompting Ghostcrawler to coin the phrase "GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED ME A PONY."
- She seems to wear a version of the Winged Triumph Plate armor set in Legion.
- Aponi is voiced by Erin Fitzgerald in Legion.