萨拉斯语, 兽人语 (formerly)
|阵营||肯瑞托, 银色盟约, 联盟, 部落|
- 1 历史
- 2 Areas
- 3 阵营
- 4 Notable residents
- 5 Points of interest
- 6 备注与轶事
- 7 角色扮演游戏中
- 8 Film universe
- 9 画廊
- 10 See also
- 11 备注
The wizards's overuse of magic with no proper protection or regulation, though, acted as a beacon for the Burning Legion, luring them back to Azeroth. Demons slipped through the gaps in reality, terrorizing the locals until the ruling Magocrats were forced to turn to the elves for aid. High Elf wizards quickly realized what had happened and warned that humanity would have to give up magic to subdue the threat completely. The Magocrats, unwilling to sacrifice their power, instead proposed selecting a mortal champion to protect them from the Legion. This Guardian would have access to all their might, and would form a secret defense for the world. The elves agreed and, through the newly formed Order of Tirisfal, provided guidance in the selection. At the same time, the Magocrats sent some of their number to research and catalog all human magic. These wizards became the Kirin Tor.
The Kirin Tor became the city's ruling power. Dalaran, though not a large city, was a beautiful place of towering spires and glittering streets, and the people there were happy and well protected. The Kirin Tor's headquarters was the Violet Citadel, an impressive building so named for its stone walls which gave off a faint violet light. The building had many libraries, research chambers, testing rooms, classrooms, meeting alcoves, and bedrooms.
Dalaran established a friendship with Silvermoon City, which while tested, would stand for over two thousand years to come. Although predominantly a human city, some elves, including their own crown prince Kael'thas Sunstrider, would study, live, and even rule in Dalaran at one point or another. According to Jaina Proudmoore, some of these elves were among those who had taught humans magic to begin with. Some gnomes, dwarves, and even goblins would also come to reside in Dalaran.
Later, Dalaran found itself powerless to stop Prince Arthas and his forces when he led the Scourge through Lordaeron. Antonidas instructed Jaina Proudmoore to take a number of citizens and flee to Kalimdor, and the powerful archmage fell to Arthas in battle shortly after. Arthas acquired the spellbook of Medivh, which Kel'Thuzad utilized to summon Archimonde, who destroyed Dalaran. The remnants of the city went to chaos, with mutants, renegade wizards and berserk water elementals roaming the streets.
Dalaran's ruins were later taken over by Grand Marshal Garithos and the Alliance Remnants, who were battling the Scourge in Lordaeron. The rest of the Scourge fled to the tunnels, arriving to the dungeons of Dalaran. The prince Kael'thas Sunstrider and his brethren had also arrived to join forces with him, but Garithos's animosity toward the elves led to the prince and his army being detained in Dalaran's dungeons and sentenced to mass executions. With effort, they escaped to 外语, leaving Dalaran behind them. What power the surviving Kirin Tor members had in Dalaran around this period remains vague, although some (such as 茉德拉 and 安斯雷姆·鲁因) are believed to have been present.
World of Warcraft
At some point, the wizards of Dalaran constructed a vast, magical dome around the heart of their city. Some believe it was for protection from the violence of these times, while others say they merely wanted solitude, to study and plot. The area and ruined outskirts of their city was patrolled by the wizards and their elemental slaves. The thieves of the Bloodstone Artifacts led by Kegan Darkmar were granted asylum from the 被遗忘者 and the relics were quarantined in the Lordamere Internment Camp by the wizards. Warden Belamoore then spent days studying the bloodstones.
One thing to take into consideration is that three of Dalaran's best wizards: , , and , have had positive dealings with Horde individuals in the past. Also, studied the effects of the orcs' lethargy extensively enough to know that orcs could be reasonable in the absence of their demonic bloodlust. The Horde's allies, the blood elves, have been allies and productive members of the Kirin Tor for over 2,000 years and have vouched for them. The inclusion of blood elves with in the Kirin Tor's ranks and the Horde supporter Aethas Sunreaver in the Council of Six have ensured the Horde a sanctuary within the city, though Rhonin's wife Vereesa Windrunner was opposed to this notion.
The city contains areas that are faction-specific in the same manner as Shattrath City is divided amongst the Aldor and Scryers. Certain parts of the city can only be reached by Alliance players (Silver Enclave) while others are strictly for Horde use (Sunreaver's Sanctuary). The majority of the city remains neutral.
Evidently, the blue dragonflight, led by , has declared war on all mortal magic-users. In response to this crisis, the city has been moved (likely with the bulk of the Kirin Tor and most available resources) to levitate high in the skies above Northrend. Dalaran today floats majestically above the Crystalsong Forest in defiance to the blue dragonflight as well as the forces of the in Icecrown — to the north of its location.
Dalaran can be accessed via the teleport crystal in Violet Stand, Crystalsong Forest, north of the Dragonblight, or through a flight path. The Council of Six continue to preside over the magical city of Dalaran, though only Archmage Modera, Archmage Aethas Sunreaver and its leader Rhonin are seen within the city.
It acts as the neutral sanctuary city for the continent, similar to Shattrath City in Outland, and can be accessed by teleportation from the Violet Stand in the Crystalsong Forest or by flying mount. Like Stormwind's Stockade and Orgrimmar's Ragefire Chasm, Dalaran has its own instance within the city: the Violet Hold. Like Shattrath City, there were originally no class trainers - with the notable exception of mage trainers, given the city's history - nor an Auction House. (Patch 3.2 introduced an Auction House for Master Engineers with the addition of Steam Powered Auctioneers to the Like Clockwork engineering shop, while Patch 4.0.3a made the auctioneers usable by everyone and added class trainers.) Grand Master trainers for each profession are available in the city. Portals are located within the Alliance and Horde districts of the city, connecting to the factions' capital cities and Shattrath City. There is a portal trainer at the Violet Gate, and there are battlemasters and an arena master in the Underbelly sewer system.
In-game, the city of Dalaran was originally a no-fly zone below a certain altitude (slightly higher than the rooftops), with the exception of Krasus' Landing, where the flight point is located, and the Underbelly. This was to help maintain the atmosphere of the city, but with Cataclysm, the rule was lifted.
The portals to the Alliance and Horde major cities were removed in patch 4.0.3a and replaced by class trainers. However, the portals to Stormwind and Orgrimmar were restored in patch 4.1.0. The formerly engineering-only auctioneers — Steam-Powered Auctioneer in Silver Enclave and Steam-Powered Auctioneer in Sunreaver's Sanctuary — now serve anyone and flying is now allowed.
For information about getting out of Dalaran and getting around the Old World without the portals to the major cities, Cataclysm travel guide will prove useful. Note that, while it has been explained that Outland and Northrend take place within the time frame their storylines occurred in, the Dalaran Crater in the old world remains empty. According to blue poster Bornakk, Dalaran will remain in Northrend for the foreseeable future.
Dalaran was invited by the leadership of the Alliance to send a representative to their diplomatic meeting, though declined to do so, citing its desire to retain its neutrality and continue to help bridge the gaps between the Alliance and the Horde.
Tides of War
After a desperate Kalecgos goes to Dalaran for aid in seeking the stolen Focusing Iris, Rhonin sends him to Jaina Proudmoore in the hopes that she might be able to aid him in his search. However, as Jaina and Kalecgos soon learn of Garrosh Hellscream's ambitions to conquer the whole of Kalimdor, starting with a brutal attack on Jaina's own stronghold, Jaina herself visits Dalaran on Kalecgos's advice, requesting for assistance in staving off the impending Horde invasion.
Despite Rhonin's initial reluctance to involve the neutral Kirin Tor in a conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, the Council of Six ultimately agree to provide limited assistance to Jaina Proudmoore in the defense of Theramore Isle. A Sunreaver agent was a part of the Horde's attack on the city, though Aethas later denies responsibility and vowed to atone for Thalen's treachery. During the attack, Rhonin sacrificed himself in an attempt to localize Garrosh's mana bomb detonation, sparing Jaina from death. Following his death, the Kirin Tor, while refusing to launch an attack on Orgrimmar in retaliation for Theramore's decimation, chose Jaina as Rhonin's replacement and as the new leader of the Council of Six.
Mists of Pandaria
After discovering that Sunreavers helped Garrosh Hellscream steal the Divine Bell by using Dalaran portals to infiltrate Darnassus, Jaina mobilized the Kirin Tor, Alliance forces, and the Silver Covenant to purge the Horde from Dalaran. Though Aethas Sunreaver claimed he knew nothing of Garrosh's scheme, Jaina nonetheless chose to incarcerate him and his Sunreavers after Aethas refused to order his people to leave the city peacefully. Those that surrendered were imprisoned in the Violet Hold while those that resisted were put to the sword, after which Jaina pledged the Kirin Tor to Varian's war cause, effectively bringing Dalaran back into the Alliance. The purge also put an end to Dalaran's alliance with Silvermoon, which had stood for over 2,000 years.
Right after the Battle for the Broken Shore, Jaina Proudmoore has arranged for Dalaran to move to Deadwind Pass in order to aid in the protection of the Eastern Kingdoms. Dalaran was hovering over Deadwind Pass and more particularly Karazhan. The entire city had been moved by a giant Blink spell, and all the shops were ordered to close down because of the various troubles created by that sudden transportation. Some Dalaran Citizens were now suffering of dizziness and nausea, while others were re-materialized at the wrong place and were stuck in walls or in various other objects. Some of them were even fleeing because of unstable energy running amok in the city. Several recovery specialists such as Fanny Frizzlepop, Brilda and Grindle Dopplegink as well as the nurses at the First to Your Aid clinic were trying to fix their problems. The content of the Dalaran Merchant Bank's coffers had been thrown out, and several Kirin Tor Guardians had to protect the bankers while they were working on fixing the situation. Jepetto Joybuzz himself was stuck on a toy zeppelin flying around the city. The entrance to the city sewers were shut and Krasus' Landing was damaged by fel energy.
Believing that the Kirin Tor needed the help of both the Alliance and the Horde, Khadgar called the Council of Six to vote on letting the Horde back into the city. The vote passed, and Jaina, outraged, teleported out of Dalaran, leaving Khadgar effectively in charge. Together with an 冒险者, Khadgar then searched 奥杜尔 and Karazhan for means to stop the Legion's advance and close the portal in the Tomb of Sargeras, and discovered that such a feat would be possible with the help of five 泰坦ic artifacts called the 创世之柱, which lay scattered over the Broken Isles.
The expansion sees story-based modifications made to the city, including changes to the center as well as the Underbelly, which may see a new free for all PvP area. With Jaina's departure, Kalecgos and Vargoth filled out the Council of Six's membership. Aethas was allowed to return to Dalaran, although not as a member of the council.
- 紫罗兰城堡 (Seat of the Kirin Tor faction.)
- Silver Enclave (Faction specific subzone for the Alliance)
- The Eventide
- 克拉苏斯平台 (Flight master is located here.)
- Sunreaver's Sanctuary (Faction specific subzone for the Horde.)
- Antonidas Memorial (Memorial to Archmage Antonidas.)
- Magus Commerce Exchange (Main trade district)
- Runeweaver Square (The city's central plaza.)
- Violet Gate (Where portals first take you.)
- The Legerdemain Lounge (Neutral Inn, North-central area)
- The Underbelly (Sewers below the city.)
|Instance Name||Level Range||Group Size||Approximate Run Time|
|The Violet Hold||75-77||5 man||30 min|
- - 麦迪文曾经的学徒。在塞拉摩陷落后他曾推举吉安娜成为达拉然的领袖。在不久前吉安娜离开后，他领导着六人议会。
- 联盟先遣军的幸存者， 曾经是肯瑞瓦村著名的居民。
- : 罗宁的妻子，银色盟约的领袖
Points of interest
- There are 12 mailboxes, one outside The Filthy Animal inn and two outside The Legerdemain Lounge inn, two located outside the north bank and one located outside the south bank, one outside the Eastern entrance to The Underbelly, one outside the Alchemy trainer, one in 克拉苏斯平台, one at the foot of the stairway leading to The Violet Citadel, one outside A Hero's Welcome, and one outside the 工会注册员.
- As pointed out from above there are two banks, one located right from the statue of Antonidas and another located on the other side of Dalaran in 日暮广场, to the left of the entrance of A Hero's Welcome. Although they are both near the faction controlled areas, they are available to both the Alliance and the Horde.
- The well near the 魔法商业区 is an entrance to the Underbelly, when you jump into it you arrive randomly at one of four possible sites in the Underbelly. Jumping down will not give any fall damage.
- All profession trainers (except 钓鱼, 烹饪 and 考古) are located in the 魔法商业区.
- All mage trainers are located in the Violet Gate.
- Dalaran and Dalaran Ruins are melee tilesets in Warcraft III and The Frozen Throne, representing the city before and after its destruction by Archimonde.
- While in Dalaran, you may randomly get  by 米尼格布·魔爆.
- The white-quality weapons sold at the Arsenal Absolute were excellent for leveling up weapon skills, until the removal of weapon skills in patch 4.0.1.
- Compared to other major cities, Dalaran has very many activities. Examples include /Pet'ing 珠宝, 点亮这座城市,寻找书籍 and 钓鱼 for 宝物.
- Dalaran is smaller than the other major cities in the game. At the same time, it has a large number of NPC's, doodads, and objects. This accumulates a high amount of players at a small area, along with causing a player's computer to load several city details at once. Back in the day of WOTLK, the result was often a mediocre to large degree of lag when the player was inside the city. The lag experienced within Dalaran was a very common topic within World of Warcraft; some players even dubbed the city "Lagaran" because of it. It was not uncommon for a character in Dalaran to be unable to perform any action at all, use abnormally much time on simple actions such as walking, or be even repeatedly disconnected when attempting to log in if the character is located in the city. The problem was severe enough that Blizzard had to implement the 银色锦标赛 in 冰冠堡垒 away from Dalaran, rather than in 晶歌森林 directly underneath it as originally planned. The amount of lag lessened in Cataclysm with the removal of most city portals, and with most players moving to their faction capitals (暴风城 and 奥格瑞玛).
- In an interview with Jesse Cox, Dave Kosak revealed that Dalaran was planned to be in the air above the 决战奥格瑞玛, but technical limitations meant they had to scrap the idea. It is possible this is related to the limitations which prevented the 银色锦标赛 from being placed in Crystalsong Forest.
- The Violet Gardens and the Halls of Magic used to be in Dalaran.
- Dalaran can be seen in 时光之末, but not in the Dragon Soul raid.
- The version of Dalaran seen in the patch 5.1 storylines (the Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive quest chains) is located in its own instance, similar to Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave, rather than being a phased version of the main-world Dalaran. It uses the Violet Hold loading screen rather than the Northrend one, and is floating over what looks like a sea. Besides the NPC changes, there is no Violet Hold instance portal in this version, flying is impossible (even at Krasus' Landing), and jumping off the Underbelly pipe kills the player before they reach the water below.
- Dalaran over Karazhan, seen between completing Quest:The Battle for Broken Shore and Quest:In the Blink of an Eye, is an intermediate version between the Northrend and Broken Isles Dalarans. The 守护者大厅 exists in this version but the teleport pad is not working; the Silver Enclave and Sunreaver's Sanctuary still have those names, rather than their new names in Legion (and both are accessible to both factions); the city is full of Kirin Tor Guardians, and most NPCs only offer gossip text instead of their regular services.
模板:Fu travels to Dalaran meets with the 模板:Fu. Initially scorned by the 模板:Fu who once trained him, the runaway Novitiate uses his research to convince 模板:Fu to assist him in seeking help for the 模板:Fu's corruption, and is led to the ancient artifact 模板:Fu. In response to his presence, the magical cube opens and allows the young mage inside.
In the magical interior of the cube, Khadgar encounters the entity that he saw in 模板:Fu, who explains that she has used the last of her power to bring him to her. She tells him that the Guardian has been corrupted, and that Khadgar must defeat him, repeating the words found in the tome he stole from Karazhan: "From light comes darkness, and from darkness, light." Knowing what he must do, the young mage leaves Dalaran and returns to Stormwind to free 模板:Fu.
Archmage Antonidas would later attend 模板:Fu's funeral, as a representative of Dalaran and the Kirin Tor.
- Ultimate Visual Guide, P18
- 炉石传说: 冰封王座的骑士
- 魔兽世界: 法师
- The Fate of Apprentice Argoly
- Quest:What's in the Box?
- Quest:The Fate of Dalaran
- The Siege of Dalaran (WC2 Orc)
- The Eye of Dalaran (WC2 Orc)
- Misconceptions (WC3 BloodElf)
- The Dungeons of Dalaran (WC3 BloodElf)
- Quest:Dalaran Patrols
- Quest:Prison Break In
- Blizzard Entertainment. 《Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Manual》, 82.
- Nexus War
- Patch 4.0.3a (world changes)#Dalaran
- MMO-Champion Blue Tracker - Dalaran and Cataclysm
- Quest:What's in the Box?
- Dave Kosak on Twitter
- Quest:The Fallen Lion
- Dalaran over Karazhan phases in after completing the Broken Shore scenario.
- Quest:Calling of the Council
- Quest:The Diamond King
- Quest:Hiding in the Stacks
- Dev Interviews, Rogue Order Hall, Blue Posts, Warcraft Movie Prop Contest, DLC #500 (2015-08-11).
- [Urgent Situation]
- Quest:Arming Dalaran
- Sean Copeland on Twitter (2014-01-30) (dead link)
- Warcraft Interview: Dave Kosak - 2 NERDS, 1 LORE (Patch 5.4 and beyond)
- The Fate of Apprentice Argoly
- White Wolf. 《联盟玩家指南》, 154-155. ISBN 9781588467737.
- 模板:Ref wmn