|身份||Archmage of the Kirin Tor, Member of the Council of Six, Champion of the Tirisgarde|
|势力||达拉然王国, 肯瑞托 (六人议会), Kirin Tor Offensive, 联盟, Tirisgarde|
- 1 History
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Speculation
- 7 Patch changes
- 8 References
- 9 External links
After the Second and Third War
As a member of the Council of Six, Modera was present at the meetings of the secret council where the members discussed the possible return of Deathwing. The council, Krasus especially, chose Rhonin to sent him on a mission to investigate whether Deathwing had really returned. The ruling mages then learned about a mysterious person known as Daval Prestor who was rumored to be Deathwing. Modera and Drenden then worked to discover if it was true and thus traveled to the Capital City to meet both, Terenas and Prestor. They were unable to discover more about Prestor. Thanks to the efforts of Rhonin, Krasus, Vereesa and many others, Deathwing was defeated once more and Modera was present at the final meeting where the members summarized what has happened.
Modera survived the destruction of Dalaran and stayed in the city.
Modera took part in the defense of Dalaran after the city found its footing above the skies of Northrend. She and Aethas Sunreaver defended the city from the blue dragon onslaught, using their great powers to create a magical shield around the city. She, Aethas and Rhonin remained in telepathic contact throughout the attack, and joined forces to confront the treacherous Crevan.
Modera was supportive of the blood elves being admitted as members of the Kirin Tor once more, agreeing with her Council of Six comrade Archmage Aethas Sunreaver's plight to see the sin'dorei readmitted officially. Which of the two archmages was truly behind this notion proved a source of wry (and bitter) amusement for the Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas, Rommath, whose disdain for Archmage Modera and her supposed indifference during the blood elves' escape from the Dungeons of Dalaran had not been dulled by their years apart, or lessened by the Kirin Tor's status as a traditional ally to Quel'Thalas.
During the war against the Lich King, Modera can be found in the Kirin Tor's capital of Dalaran, alongside , , and . She also appears as an at Stars' Rest in Dragonblight, giving missions to Alliance adventurers to stop the Blue dragonflight.
After the Cataclysm
Some time after the death of Deathwing, Modera was present during the meetings of the Council of Six and Jaina Proudmoore who was asking for help in defending Theramore and attacking Orgrimmar. She insisted that Dalaran is neutral and will not attack Orgrimmar.
Discovery of Pandaria
At some point, Modera was looking for Jaina to inform her of an urgent matter. She sent her visage to Jaina's chamber but found no one there though Jaina was there, invisible. She left her a message to come to see her and left the room.
Warlords of Draenor
Modera appears at Socrethar's Rise with a small group of Kirin Tor. She assists Alliance and Horde members in dealing with the Sargerei threat, mentioning that while she could single-handedly wipe their village out, Khadgar has suggested a more subtle approach to discern their plans.
Still a member of the Council of Six under Archmage Khadgar's rule, Modera can once again be found in the Violet Citadel with her colleagues. She aids the soon-to-be new leader of the reformed Tirisgarde in obtaining Felo'melorn, by discreetly contacting them with a message (one whose contents she states will be disavowed if she is approached about it), and helping to arrange a secret meeting with Aethas Sunreaver at Dalaran's original, long abandoned location. Aethas, still banished from Dalaran for his part in the Divine Bell incident, hopes to earn his re-entry into the city by exchanging key information on the blade's whereabouts. Although Modera is willing to help her old friend, she mentions that others on the council are not as forgiving as she is.
When Aethas and the champion return from Icecrown with the runeblade in tow, Modera urges the council to take this recent act into consideration when deciding whether to grant Aethas' request. After a brief discussion, the council unanimously votes to readmit Aethas into the city, urging him not to misuse this chance to make things right.
Modera then joins the Tirisgarde herself.
|Isle of Thunder||90||91,950|
|Shadowmoon Valley (alternate universe)||100||2,348,490|
|Quest:Calling of the Council||110||20,728,400|
|Quest:An Unexpected Message||100||53,843,600|
|Hall of the Guardian||113||9,204,700|
|The Exodar||100 - 103||660,376|
- Quest:Ihgaluk Crag (Alliance)
- Quest:Manipulating the Saurok (Alliance)
- Quest:Subtle Encouragement (Alliance)
- Quest:The Skumblade Threat (Alliance)
- Quest:De-Constructed (Alliance)
Image of Archmage Modera, Stars' Rest
How may I help you?
- The Magical Kingdom of Dalaran
I am ready to be teleported to Dalaran.
Isle of Thunder
- The saurok are despicable, but they may end up useful.
- If we can incite them against the mogu, they can draw attention away from our men.
- While our goals call for the eradication of the mogu, we can't ignore our flanks.
- While both the Horde and the saurok attack the mogu alongside us, either could turn on us at any moment.
- Have you heard of me, <name>? I am Modera, archmage of the Council of Six, which rules the Kirin Tor and Dalaran.
- I could wipe out this entire village if I chose.
- But that is not why we are here. As I have learned through the years, sometimes you need honey to catch a fly.
- The Sargerei village is like a beehive.
- Disturb its denizens, and we will get stung. Destroy it in flames, and we will destroy the precious honeycomb as well.
- The only way to retrieve the information we seek is through sublety.
- It's been years since I've been out in the field like this.
- <The stately archmage takes a deep breath.>
- There's nothing like the smell of clean air and danger.
- If it were up to me, I'd be the one to carry out this mission. But Archmage Khadgar insisted that you would have a more delicate touch.
- I cannot fathom why anyone would pledge themselves to the Legion.
- There are those who lust for power, and do not know how to wield it.
- I still bear old wounds from the demons' first coming to Azeroth. I remember the horror, the madness, and the stillness that descended upon a city destroyed.
- I will do anything in my power to prevent that from happening again.
- You are no match for the Tirisgarde!
- Crumble before our power!
- Witness the power of an Archmage!
- Killed a mob
- Our enemies fall!
- Hardly a challenge!
- We are victorious. Just as I predicted.
- My wounds are deep... Go on without me...
- The pain is too much... I need some time to recover...
- 大法师茉德拉的影像说： 你好，＜玩家名字＞。但愿这个投影足够清晰！我是六人议会的大法师茉德拉。我发现了某件武器的线索，它能帮你抗击燃烧军团。
- 大法师茉德拉的影像说： 我的线人……呃……没法进城来见我们。我想请你到希尔斯布莱德的达拉然巨坑来见我。
- 大法师茉德拉的影像说： 鉴于此事的敏感性，你要注意，如果你在其他地方跟我提起这件事，我是不会承认送过这个口信的！
- 大法师茉德拉的影像说： 期待着你的到来。
- 大法师茉德拉说： 欢迎，＜玩家名字＞。很高兴你收到了口信。
- Modera is the oldest alive known member of the Six.
- During the Legion event, when Dalaran was located above Karazhan, Modera was friendly for both, the Alliance and Horde characters. When Dalaran moved to the Broken Isles, she is neutral for the Horde players.
- Appeared in Day of the Dragon and Road to Damnation. Modera was given a WoW model for Damnation's complementary images, that of a golden-haired woman wearing Arcanist Regalia.
- Despite the fact that Modera is described in Day of the Dragon as being an elderly woman, she appears to be quite young in the Mage manga.
- In Warlords of Draenor, Modera mentions that it has been years since she was out in the field. This is bizarre, since she only recently accompanied Jaina to battle the Thunder King on Pandaria. She also says that she still bears wounds from the demons's first coming to Azeroth. It was, in fact, their second coming which she experienced.
- Modera is voiced by Susan Eisenberg in Legion.
Modera in Tides of Darkness?
An unnamed female member of the Council of the Six was present when Khadgar told the council the information about Medivh. The woman is described as tall and statuesque woman. It is unknown whether the member was Modera or someone else.
- Quest:Champion: Archmage Modera
- In the Shadow of the Sun
- Day of the Dragon
- Road to Damnation
- In the Shadow of the Sun
- World of Warcraft: Mage
- World of Warcraft: Stormrage
- Quest for Pandaria
- Tides of War
- Sean Copeland on Twitter, RE: Modera on the Purge of Dalaran
- Dawn of the Aspects, part 4
- Quest:The Frozen Flame