|前势力||洛丹伦联盟, Kaldorei Resistance|
- 1 人物传记
- 2 In the RPG
- 3 Memorable quotes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
罗宁曾经是一个很有希望的肯瑞托法师，直到他在第二次战争一个灾难性的任务中鲁莽使用了一个魔法——当罗宁施放一个咒语时，他的同伴出现在了他的法术路径上。罗宁的行动成功地防止了一支兽人术士从尸体中复活恶魔，但也牺牲了他所有战友的生命。罗宁被判处缓刑，直到接到了一个危险的前往 卡兹莫丹的赎罪任务。他在这个任务中得到了由高等精灵游侠温蕾萨·风行者、 矮人战士弗斯塔德和红龙法师 克拉苏斯 的协助（谁是这个使命的发起者？）。
在过去的时间线上，罗宁遇见了许多的传奇人物，如塞纳留斯、玛洛恩和艾维娜。 他也和伊利丹·怒风、玛法里奥·怒风、泰兰德·语风、加洛德·影歌、玛维·影歌和 珊蒂斯·羽月。罗宁也成为了伊利丹实际上的魔法导师，教导他避免鲁莽的使用自己强大的力量，尽管赢得了伊利丹的钦佩，罗宁还是卷入了伊利丹留下的错误中，在伊利丹叛变后，罗宁接管了月亮守卫。作为对罗宁勇气的奖赏，诺兹多姆 允许罗宁回到了温蕾萨分娩之时，确保他不会错过孩子们一生中的重要时刻。诺兹多姆也为孩子们奉上了青铜龙的友谊。
Night of the Dragon
In more recent years, Rhonin has found himself in the position as the leader of the Kirin Tor and Dalaran, having been approached by the Kirin Tor in desperation. In Rhonin's own explanation to Iridi, "the Alliance is still looking to Dalaran for a lot and the wizards are looking for me to think different than they've been doing for the past several hundred years." However, even though all he really wants is to be with his family, his sense of responsibility impels him from ever abandoning such important roles, or his people. Much like Tirion Fordring, he is still loyal to the Alliance despite its recent hostilely against the Horde.
Following the attempted of his children by Zendarin Windrunner Rhonin remained behind in Dalaran to protect his sons and direct the Kirin Tor as his mate left to bring her cousin to justice. Growing increasingly concerned by her absence Rhonin tried to portal to her location only to be surprised at ending up near Grim Batol. He would encounter the Draenei Iridi and end up forming an alliance with the local raptors (who had formed an army, as it were, due to the ominous on goings at Grim Batol). Working together the unlikely allies would launch an assault on the fortress where upon the nether dragon Zzeraku was freed and in gratitude engaged in battle against Dargonax. During this time Rhonin would briefly engage in battle against the new master of Grim Batol - the Black Dragon Sintharia, the prime consort of Deathwing, before she departed to fight Krasus.
After Zzeraku's draining battle with Dargonax, it appeared that the nether dragon would not be able to defeat the twilight dragon. In turn Iridi gave all of her staff's power, and in the end almost all of her own, to empower Zzeraku. Even with the combination of the staff's and Iridi's power, Zzeraku was unsuccessful in fighting Dargonax and was devoured by the latter. In one last desperate hope to slay the twilight dragon, Iridi - with help from Rhonin, Vereesa, Krasus, and Kalec — used the last of her energy to destroy Dargonax. With Dargonax, Zendarin, and Sintharia (being seemingly destroyed by the staff as well) slain the unlikely group would depart from one another with Iridi being taken to buried in Outland per her last request by Kalec, Krasus to return to his queen, and Rhonin and Vereesa returning to their children at Dalaran.
It fell on the once reviled mage, Rhonin, to lead his kind from the brink, and to begin quickly the restoration of Dalaran. Under his leadership, the Kirin Tor were able to recreate and enhance Dalaran's defenses.
After lifting the city, and moving it towards Northrend to fight the Scourge, Dalaran was attacked by the Blue dragonflight mid flight. This assault was a diversion however, as a Blue dragonflight agent with in the Kirin Tor sought to crash Dalaran into the ground. Fortunately, this plan was foiled thanks to the intervention of Aodhan, Rhonin, and Master Simeon. With Malygos declaring war on all mortal magic-users, especially the Kirin Tor, Rhonin had no other choice but to rally the Kirin Tor and lead it in a war to kill the Lord of Magic. To help with this endeavor, he called on his old allies, Alexstrasza and the Red dragonflight.
Wrath of the Lich King
Rhonin appears in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion as the leader of the Kirin Tor. He is located in the rebuilt and relocated city of Dalaran in Northrend, with Vereesa Windrunner, Archmage Modera, and Archmage Aethas Sunreaver at his side. He is fighting the blue dragonflight and their leader Malygos, who is determined to destroy mortal magic-users.
Initially, Rhonin had a much lighter, almost blonde hair color (resulting in some players referring to him as Rhonin Goldhair); this appears to have been changed to a redder hue (befitting the lore) as of Patch 3.1.
When your character hits level 80, Rhonin will mail him or her a Magically Wrapped Gift, containing 5 each of the following items: Runic Healing Potion, Runic Mana Potion, Potion of Speed, and Dalaran Firework.
Secrets of Ulduar
In the Secrets of Ulduar patch preview cinematic, Rhonin calls Varian Wrynn, Jaina Proudmoore, Thrall, and Garrosh Hellscream to Dalaran to discuss dealing with the threat within Ulduar. When Varian and Garrosh begin fighting, Rhonin stops them, claiming that the Horde and Alliance must work together. His proposition was turned down, leaving a distressed Rhonin to wonder out loud who was left to challenge Yogg-Saron.
After defeating Algalon, Rhonin has a speech in the Eventide.
In Stormrage, Rhonin was caught in by the Emerald Nightmare. Later, Rhonin attended the wedding of Malfurion and Tyrande along with his family. At his offering, he and his accompaning magi from Dalaran created a series of magnificent rainbows in the night sky, which marked the ten millennia of his friends' relationship. As with Korialstrasz, who later appeared with Alexstrasza, it was quite clear that Rhonin would not have missed this pivotal moment for anything.
Tides of War
Soon after the cataclysm began Rhonin encouraged Jaina Proudmoore to take on the gnome Kinndy Sparkshine as her apprentice. When Kalecgos visited Rhonin for help in locating the missing Focusing Iris, Rhonin directed him to seek out Jaina when they discovered the Iris was in Kalimdor.
When Jaina appealed to the Council of Six to help defend Theramore Isle against an attack by the Horde, they decided that doing nothing could be seen as a tacit approval of Garrosh Hellscream's path of conquest, and sent Rhonin and a number of other magi to defend the city. In particular, both Rhonin and his Council of Six comrade Aethas Sunreaver recommend Thalen Songweaver for the task. However Thalen (actually a spy for Garrosh Hellscream) turns on the Kirin Tor during the battle, and assists the Horde in breaking through Theramore's defenses. Rhonin is disheartened to learn of Thalen's betrayal when the latter is captured by Pained, though maintains that Aethas was likely unaware of the spy's true nature.
When it seemed as though the battle had been won, Rhonin saw a goblin sky galleon approaching with an enormous mana bomb powered by the Focusing Iris. Thinking quickly he realized that Jaina's tower was heavily warded in magic and as such drawing the mana bomb to it would localize the mana bomb explosion. Believing that Jaina was the future of the Kirin Tor, he brought her into her tower and redirected Jaina's portal that she opened. When Jaina realized exactly what Rhonin was doing, she tried to stop him by pointing out that he had a family and was the leader of the Kirin Tor. Knowing that localizing the mana bomb explosion would ensure his beloved would be safe from the blast, Rhonin bluntly told Jaina that she was the future of the Kirin Tor and then pushed her through the portal when the bomb was dropped. Just before the portal closed, Jaina caught a glimpse of Rhonin, his arms raised with a determined expression on his face, exploding in a cloud of lavender ash as the mana bomb detonated in front of him. His last thoughts were to save his wife and everyone around him.
A memorial service was later held for him in Dalaran, attended by his family and nearly every member of the Kirin Tor. His eulogy was given by Jaina, who had accepted the position as leader of the Kirin Tor. His wife is eager to avenge him.
Vereesa was left devastated and heartbroken after her husband's death, leaving her twin sons in Dalaran most of the time. She all but broke down and cried when she was forced to witness Rhonin's death and his selfless sacrifice to protect her. Overwhelmed with anger and grief, avenging her husband became her main motivation to plot for Garrosh's death, until she was reminded of her children and how they had already lost one parent. She was convinced that they would not lose another.
In the RPG
Rhonin is a studious type who knows a little bit about a great many things, but generally keeps his knowledge to himself. He is very young, but his youth disguises a spellcaster of great power and flexibility. He is reckless and hot-headed, and is known frequently not to look before he leaps, a character flaw he recognizes in himself and yet is hard pressed to keep under control. He also has a great sense of humour and is used to seeing huge dragons (such as Alexstrasza and Dargonax).
As a quick study of his spell selection will indicate, Rhonin prefers to use his sorcerer abilities for versatility in combat while his wizard spells are usually left to more mundane tasks. He generally starts off a fight with the most powerful spells at his disposal, working his way down to employing searing arrows in concert with his crossbow once all his other combat spells are exhausted.
War of Ancient Trilogy
- Rhonin: "The plan sounds too simple to work..."
Huln Highmountain: "Simple can be good, if it's drawn from reason."
Rhonin: "Somehow, I doubt Stareye has reason. I don't understand why Ravencrest and he got along so well."
Jarod Shadowsong: "They are of the same caste."
Rhonin: "Oh! It all makes so much sense then...Never mind, we'll just have to watch out and hope for the best."
- "The other races may see no reason to ally themselves with ones who'd almost as much as the Burning Legion prefer to see them all wiped out. We're talking centuries of enmity, Krasus."
- Night Elf Noble: Tauren in Zin-Azshari? How barbaric!
Rhonin: They'd rather have demons?
Malfurion Stormrage: You wouldn't understand.
Rhonin: No, I wouldn't.
- "Three against one, and they still can't do anything." (realizing Deathwing is about to gain the upper hand)
Night of the Dragon
- Sinestra: Very good, Rhonin Redhair. And do you know what dragon?
Rhonin: You have that admirable disposition and manner of dark dress that means you must belong to Deathwing's flight. And since you're not the rabid dog or his two worst pups, I'd hazard by your grand posturing that you must be one of his prime bitches...
- Dargonax: Gaze well upon this wretched place surrounding you and savor that view, little morsels... for it is the last sight you will live to see...
Rhonin: Why do they always say something like that?
World of Warcraft
As of Patch 3.1.3, he is still silent when clicked on, despite having voiced quotes in the aftermath of .
- "We have all lost... a great deal in this conflict, but we stand to lose EVERYTHING if we do not stop fighting and work together!"
Tides of War
- Jaina: "Rhonin, what is it? What's wrong?"
Rhonin: "Well, let's see. Deathwing is loose; Darkshore has fallen into the sea-"
Jaina: "I meant with you."
- "Old friend, it is at times like this I miss you far more than I can say. But I must admit, it's comforting to hear you speak to me beyond death-even if you have to do it in riddles."
- "Shut. Up. Just go through! I have to pull it here, right here, to save Vereesa and Shandris and... as many as I can! The walls of this tower are steeped in magic! I should be able to localize the detonation. Don't be a foolish little girl, Jaina! GO!"
- No surname has been confirmed, though he is sometimes referred to as "Rhonin Redhair", based on his hair color. It is unclear if this is his surname or just a title. Night of the Dragon also mentions that many in the current timeframe refer to him as "Rhonin Draig'cyfail" or by the simpler, translated "Rhonin Dragonheart".
- He is apparently able to speak or translate Ursine. He has also become a skilled swordsman from his experience during the Legion invasion.
- An epic cloth chest piece known as the Robes of Rhonin drops off Archimonde in the Caverns of Time raid Battle for Mount Hyjal. Presumably, these may have been robes worn by Rhonin himself. This raises the question of how Archimonde came to possess his robes (possibly during the War of the Ancients when Archimonde incapacitates Rhonin).
- Rhonin's Beard, a Kirin Tor Offensive vessel, is named in his memory.
- Rhonin is voiced by Keith Silverstein.
- Rhonin appears as a legendary card for the Mage class in the Grand Tournament expansion of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. His flavor text reads: "A masterless shamurai."
- The flavor text references the fact that the name "Rhonin" is strikingly similar to rōnin, a term used to describe a samurai with no lord or master in feudal Japan.
Fanart of Rhonin at an imagined Ulduar council.
- The Well of Eternity
- The Well of Eternity, pg. 49
- The Sundering, pg. 33
- Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- Night of the Dragon, pg. 132
- Night of the Dragon, pg. 216
- World of Warcraft: Mage
- BlizzCon Day 2 WoW Lore and Quests panel
- Official Ulduar Trailer
- Stormrage, p. 396
- Stormrage, p. 398
- Shadows & Light, pg. 50
- Day of the Dragon, pg. 72
- The Sundering, pg. 185
- Night of the Dragon, pg. 254
- Night of the Dragon, pg. 109, 239
- The Sundering, pg. 15
Leader of the Kirin Tor and Ruler of Dalaran