|身份||Chief Apothecary of the Society|
|所在地||The Apothecarium, Undercity|
- "Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had FORGIVEN?"
Putress was an important figure during the second Scourge Invasion, researching the zombie infestation from an apothecary camp in Shattrath City. Eventually, he began sending Horde members back to their capital cities with severed Scourge heads containing both the plague and an anti-plague, believing them to hold the secret of a cure. As he expected, his research did eventually lead to a cure, as well as his promotion to Grand Apothecary.[请求来源] When Warchief Thrall called for a meeting with other Horde leaders to discuss how to deal with the Scourge, Sylvanas Windrunner offered Putress's services to Thrall citing that his knowledge of the plague would make him a valuable asset in the campaign against the Lich King.
Battle for the Undercity
In the early stages of the Northrend Campaign, the Royal Apothecary Society put the finishing touches on the Forsaken blight, a new plague that not only killed living creatures but also destroyed the undead. In the middle of the battle at Angrathar the Wrathgate, after Dranosh Saurfang was slain by the Lich King, Putress appeared on a cliff overlooking the battlefield and used Forsaken catapults to unleash the blight on the unsuspecting forces gathered below, indiscriminately killing Scourge, Horde, and Alliance alike and forcing the Lich King to retreat back into Icecrown Citadel. The losses on all sides were great, and perhaps the greatest loss of all was the death of Highlord Bolvar Fordragon.
In the aftermath of the battle, it was revealed that Putress and several members of the Royal Apothecary Society had sided with Varimathras, who had secretly remained loyal to his nathrezim brothers and the Burning Legion while serving under Sylvanas Windrunner. Together, they had orchestrated a coup d'état and forcefully taken control of the Undercity, nearly killing Sylvanas in the process. While the Horde banded together with Thrall and Sylvanas to , assaulting it directly, the Alliance joined with King Varian Wrynn and Jaina Proudmoore, embittered by the loss of Bolvar, to invade the city via the sewers to and retake Lordaeron. Ultimately, Putress was killed in Varian's manhunt, and the king was left to gaze at the full horror of the Royal Apothecary Society's work. Putress' head was then severed from his body and Varian tossed it to Thrall's feet.
Putress during the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate.
Putress oversees the destruction wrought upon the Wrathgate by the new plague.
Grand Apothecary Putress in the Battle for the Undercity.
- Putress is voiced by David Lodge.
- He was one of two known grand apothecaries in the Society, the other being Doctor Sintar Malefious.
- His mask may be a reference to the crow masks worn by plague doctors during the Black Death, though it looks more like a horse skull in art.
- Both versions of Deathbringer Garb, the warlock Tier 8 set, are recolors of Grand Apothecary Putress's outfit.
- His armor resembles that of the Avatar of Grenth from Guild Wars.
- Putress' Wrathgate quote, "death to the Scourge and death to the living!", has become somewhat iconic among some Forsaken players.
- In the League of Explorers adventure of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Putress' vial is located in the Hall of Explorers wing. Elise Starseeker says that "It says "DRINK ME", but we found it in Naxxramas, so no one's wanted to try."
- Putress Shattrath.jpg
Putress, as seen in-game.
Putress outside the Ring of Valor in Orgrimmar, just before the Scourge attack.
Putress by Raneman.
Master Apothecary Faranell
Chief Apothecary of the Royal Apothecary Society
Master Apothecary Faranell