A fragment of hope. I shall hold to that as well.
Halduron plays a role in the quest to restore the legendary elven blade 奎尔德拉, having traveled to the Isle of Quel'Danas to oversee and inspect the renewed Sunwell's defenses. He now controls access to the Sunwell, and learns of Myralion Sunblaze and Caladis Brightspear's quest to see the blade restored. Halduron is initially skeptical of whether the blade is truly ready to accept another owner, and reiterates the fate of the blade's original owner, Thalorien Dawnseeker, a valiant high elf who gave his life to buy the Sunwell's defenders time to prepare for the Scourge assault. Halduron sends heroes to his resting place, and allows them to enter the Sunwell once the spirit of Thalorien offers them his blessing.
For 部落 agents, he urges them not to be intertwined in Lor'themar Theron and Grand Magister Rommath's political scheming within, and to instead remain focused on the task at hand. For Alliance agents, Halduron warns them that they are guests in the most sacred place known to the people of 奎尔萨拉斯, and to behave accordingly.
After the leadership of the Zandalari declared the united troll empire reborn, Halduron left to do battle with the reinvigorated Amani empire brewing in 祖阿曼(副本). He makes an appearance on the outskirts of Zul'Aman, meeting with his Farstrider Troll Hunters, the Darkspear Chieftain 沃金, and Vereesa Windrunner. He is approached by a Silvermoon Messenger, who conveys Regent Lord Lor'themar's demand to know why Vereesa had entered their lands. Halduron reveals that many of his Farstriders are unavailable on duty and thus unable to be recalled easily, and so he had personally invited Vereesa and her rangers to help address the new Zul'Aman threat. The messenger mentions that Lor'themar does not agree with the sentiment, and that Halduron has no authority to do so, though Halduron dismisses it as necessary - his role as 奎尔萨拉斯' ranger-general allowing him to seek aid wherever needed to keep his homeland safe. Halduron sends the messenger back to Silvermoon with the plans for battle.
Halduron's scouts had found nothing but silence around Zul'Aman itself, though Vol'jin is certain that the burgeoning Amani remnants are biding their time within the ruins. Vol'jin goes on to explain that the Zandalari are seeking to create a new 巨魔 empire, reaching out to all of the troll tribes, including the Amani and his own Darkspear tribe—the likes of which would be a grave threat to Quel'Thalas if not immediately dealt with. Halduron and Vereesa resolve to join forces, their Farstriders and rangers lending aid to Vol'jin's plight.
Halduron convinced Lor'themar to send a subordinate of his, the Blood Knight Kelantir Bloodblade, to aid in Garrosh Hellscream's assault on 塞拉摩. Halduron thought highly of Bloodblade, and was saddened to hear of her death.
Halduron and Lor'themar are present at the Court of the Sun after the situation in Dalaran is concluded, overseeing the Silvermoon portals funneling in members of the Sunreavers who escaped the purge. Lor'themar orders Halduron to assemble the rangers, noting that the time had come for the blood elves to take matters into their own hands.
Halduron accompanies the Sunreaver Onslaught to the Isle of Thunder, taking up arms in the Onslaught's name along with a contingent of his rangers. After departing into the wilderness with Kethiel Sunlance and Elina Zaralae, Halduron focuses on taking on the local Zandalari threat; while he does not wish to commit genocide against the Zandalari, he understands that little short of it will be enough to achieve victory. Halduron assuages Horde champions over the killings and states that the blood spilled is on his own hands, not theirs. He and Rommath will routinely return to the Dawnseeker Promontory as the base camp construction progresses.
Halduron accompanied Lor'themar to the trial of the deposed Garrosh Hellscream. Like Sylvanas, Halduron watched intently as the fates of their subordinates, Kelantir and Frandis Farley, were shown to the court.
When an 部落 player reaches Prestige Rank 2, Halduron can be found in the 幽暗城 alongside other notable leaders of the Horde. During Quest:A Royal Audience (Horde), he is present at the ceremony hosted by Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner that congratulates the character for their battles against the Alliance, following their receiving of the High Warlord's Medal of Valor from the 大酋长, as well as an artifact appearance.
Halduron is described as a handsome-looking elf with narrow features, more often than not cloaked and with his bow and blades at his side. During his battles in the Ghostlands, Halduron was draped in a mixture of cloth and mail; his bow nestled atop his cloak and his chest covered by a large sin'dorei phoenix emblem. His hair is long, blonde and slicked, parted at the front, and further parted into two large bangs for his debut in World of Warcraft.
His initial outfit in World of Warcraft was a simplified version of the Farstrider attire -- green and yellow leather with two daggers and a bow. His model update for Patch 4.1.0 showed Halduron donning a more exquisite outfit -- dark cobalt mails and shedding his humble bow for Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury. He still, however, retained his old daggers.
Halduron Brightwing, as the leader of the Farstriders and the Ranger-general of Silvermoon, represents the side of 奎尔萨拉斯 typically associated with its rangers and woodsmen. He is a natural ranger, a talented military leader, and is hailed by Lor'themar as a courageous man who has served Quel'Thalas with unwavering integrity. Halduron has few of the haughty prejudices often associated with the elves.
Halduron is Lor'themar's primary confidant, providing level-headed counsel to his friend to this day. While loyal to Lor'themar and his regime, Halduron is willing to cross boundaries when the situation is deemed necessary, as showcased in the Ghostlands. Halduron developed a trust and respect for his counterpart, Grand Magister Rommath, after the betrayal of their prince to the Burning Legion. Though tolerant and fair, Halduron can also be ruthless to his enemies; like many Farstriders, Halduron has a deep hatred for the Amani tribe.'
As expected of Quel'Thalas' Ranger General, Halduron is a master of combat (both melee and ranged) and has been shown to wield a variety of weapons, including spears, swords, daggers and bows, with prowess. He has been seen wielding a longspear in tandem with his longsword, using both of their strengths to dispose of larger groups of enemies. He is not above using subterfuge and deception in battle, posing as a weak target to lure bloodthirsty enemies out of hiding.
|Isle of Quel'Danas||70||698,600|
|Isle of Thunder||90||3,939,410|
|Quest:Informing Our Allies||110||10,392,670|
|Quest:A Royal Audience (Horde)||113||230,117,408|
- "Did you think we could not sense you befouling our forest? You are not welcome here, creature, and you will not be suffered to live."
- "You are in charge, you know. There is no one else to take your place."
- "I never approved of that business with M'uru, or the formation of the Blood Knights, no, but that is behind us now."
- "You sound more like a king every day, Lor'themar."
- "By all means, you shouldn't be going at all. I thought for sure you'd give up this silly notion when Aethas decided to drop by. But I can see that nothing I could say will stop you, so you're at least going to take an escort. Don't argue."
- "Funny, that. Sylvanas was always championing him. Kae- er, some... were not so keen on letting a 人类 train with the Farstriders. Myself included."
- "We always knew it was a risk to trust the Forsaken, but who else would fight for 奎尔萨拉斯 at all?"
- Silvermoon Messenger说： I bring word from the Regent Lord of Silvermoon.
- Silvermoon Messenger说： Lord Lor'themar demands an explanation for the presence of this... exile in our lands.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： Quel'Thalas is as much my home as it is yours and I would not see it fall to our ancient enemy. Now, you tell your cowardly regent --
- Halduron Brightwing说： Vereesa, please!
- Halduron Brightwing说： She is here at my invitation, courier. Most of my Farstriders are away and cannot be recalled easily. Vereesa's rangers know the land and are experienced combatants.
- Silvermoon Messenger说： Lord Lor'themar does not concur with your reasoning, ranger-general. You have no authority to invite this --
- Halduron Brightwing说： I am the commander of Silvermoon's defenses and I will seek assistance as I deem necessary!
- Halduron Brightwing说： Now, Chieftain 沃金, before we were so rudely interrupted, you were telling us of the Zandalari's plans.
- Vol'jin说： Dat I was. Da Zandalari called a meeting 'o all da troll tribes includin' da Darkspears.
- Vol'jin说： King Rastakhan, he be plannin' to unite da troll tribes under his Zandalari.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： Including the Amani?
- Vol'jin说： Da Amani, da Gurubashi, all 'o dem. He be dispatchin' emissaries to every tribe.
- Halduron Bringwing说： My scouts have reported nothing but quiet outside 祖阿曼(副本).
- Vol'jin说： Dey be holed up inside da ruined city, regroupin'.
- Vol'jin说： Rastakhan be callin' me his brother, but da 部落 be our true brothers. We gotta stop him before he can sweet-talk the others into joinin' his empire.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： So how are we going to deal with this alliance between the Amani and the Zandalari?
- Halduron Brightwing说： We must prevent it from occurring in the first place.
- Vol'jin说： Dat be da plan. My men be infiltratin' the city and learnin' what dey can about da new Zandalari warlord.
- Vereesa Windrunner说： Halduron, we should combine our forces and make preperations to act on reports from the Darkspear scouts.
- Halduron Brightwing说： Agreed. Messenger, you may carry word of our plans back to Lord Lor'themar, but make it clear that I will not tolerate any further interference.
My rangers have sent back disturbing reports from Za'Tual. I believe it is time to take this fight to their doorstep.
- Trueshot Lodge
While we have an arsenal of weapons at our disposal, the Farstriders don't have any weapons quite like yours.
- "You faced Hakkar with more strength and courage than I have seen in quite some time. As Emmarel said, our battle with the Legion has only just begun. You can count on the Farstriders to be there when you need us."
- "The Farstriders stand ready."
- "For Silvermoon!"
- "I will do my duty, for Azeroth."
- "Bal'a dash, malanore."
- "<sighs> You're more meddlesome than a banshee!"
- "The Legion will fall."
- "We must not falter."
- "May the wind guide your arrows."
- "Fight with courage."
- "May victory be ours."
- Despite being the leader of the Farstriders, a blood elven group known for its icy attitude to outsiders (and often, a fierce hatred for trolls), Halduron is shown to be on good terms with 沃金 and worked well with his Darkspear allies against the Amani. It's mentioned that Halduron has few of the prejudices displayed by some other elves.
- Halduron was the main character of the 2011 Global Writing Contest finalist, Reforged by Anthony Dickson. The story details the ranger-general's thoughts on the 奎尔德拉 chain, and explores the backstory behind his collaboration with Vol'jin and Vereesa in Cataclysm.
- Halduron is wearing the tier 5 Rift Stalker Armor from the Burning Crusade.
- During the first incarnation of Lor'themar's short story, 日影之下, Halduron has been described as being a bloodthistle user; interestingly, with "practiced ease." This notion was removed in the canon edition.
- Halduron's name is perhaps inspired partly by Haldir, the Lothlórien elf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The two share a number of similarities: both resemble one another physically, both are part of the elven ranger archetype, and both have been known to put aside their typical racial distrust to work with outsiders against a common threat.
- According to the (non-canon) RPG guide, Halduron was elected by the Farstriders to become the new Ranger General shortly after Sylvanas' downfall. According to the Warcraft Encyclopedia, Lor'themar was "named" the regent lord by Kael'thas, and Halduron simply "became" the new Ranger General around this time. This appears to be consistent with the RPG books' depiction of events.
- Halduron's surname is written as "Bright-wing" in the Tides of War novel. After the purge of Dalaran, back in Silvermoon, Lor'themar tells him to assemble his rangers; here, his name is written as Hal'duron. This is changed on the Isle of Thunder, though still with a minor mistake: players are tasked to report to "Haulduron Brightwing."
- This was corrected in Patch 5.3; Lor'themar now instructs players to report to "Halduron" Brightwing.
- From The Burning Crusade to Cataclysm, his title was Ranger General. His subsequent appearances added "of Silvermoon" and "of the Farstriders".
- Halduron's gear can be fully replicated in World of Warcraft by 猎人s. In addition to the chest, hands, legs and shoulders from the aforementioned Rift Stalker Armor set, Halduron wears a Belt of the Black Eagle, Star-Strider Boots (or Cobra-Lash Boots), and a cape sharing the same model as Floating Web or Dory's Finery. His headband is of the same design as a Renegade Circlet -- a green-quality mail helm. Naturally, obtaining the legendary bow Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury is the hardest part of the look to replicate.
- Halduron's respawn timer, unlike most city leaders who have a respawn timer of 2 hours, is only 5-10 min.
- Halduron's headgear/crown (Renegade Circlet) is of the same model as the headpiece worn by 穆拉丁·铜须 and 茉艾拉·索瑞森.
- Halduron is a long-time friend of 奥蕾莉亚·风行者. He also has a cordial relationship with Vereesa Windrunner, despite her estrangement from Quel'Thalas. Like Lor'themar, he is horrified at Sylvanas Windrunner's fate.
- It hasn't been confirmed whether it's indeed Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury he wields or just a random weapon with the reused model.
- He may be related to Bria Brightwing.
- 补丁 7.0.3 (2016-07-19):
- 补丁 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): 升级至100级
- 补丁 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): 升级至90级
- 补丁 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): 升级至85级
- 补丁 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): 升级至80级
- 补丁 2.0.12 (2007-04-03): 加入
- Tides of Darkness, pg. 211
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - Shamans and Paladins (Stealing the Light) (Retrieved Jan 3, 2007)
- Ultimate Visual Guide, pg 147
- Warden of the Sunwell "... Only those with the ranger-general's approval may enter the Sunwell Plateau."
- Quest:The Purification of Quel'Delar (Horde)
- Quest:Thalorien Dawnseeker (Alliance)
- Tides of War
- War Crimes
- Quest:Dangers of Za'Tual (Horde)
- War Crimes
- Quest:In Defense of Dalaran
- Tides of Darkness
- Ultimate Visual Guide, pg 144
- Ultimate Visual Guide, pg 144
- Ultimate Visual Guide, pg 147
- Tides of Darkness, pg. 211-212
- Quest:Champion: Halduron Brightwing
- Ultimate Visual Guide, pg 144
- 2011 Global Writing Contest winners, World of Warcraft
- Dark Factions, pg. 152.
- Dark Factions, pg. 154.
- Tides of Darkness, pg. 211-212